Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-13-2014, 07:24 PM

Default first gun control NOW Corvette Control

Time for Horsepower Control..
Mandatory background checks, including driving, criminal, and mental health records.
Public availability of your name, address, and vital info including SSAN

Auto confiscation if you violate any laws, putting you in the "not allowed to possess" category.

Limits on fuel and tire purchases, because who needs a new set of tires more than every 3 years?

If it's good enough for gun owners, it's good enough for owners of high horsepower death machines!

Cement Bench
Old 01-13-2014, 08:33 PM

I am highly interested in where this information came from. I find it very hard to believe that just by outlawing high horsepower engines will slow people down. there are many factors involved when making a car go fast.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:52 PM

I think he's just musing....
Old 01-13-2014, 09:13 PM

We could classify modified Corvettes that can only used on a racetrack as "restricted" you would have to have a ATT to attend racetracks.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:45 PM

Don't forget, only 5 litres of fuel in the tank allowed. Owners of current models will have to have a mechanic pin aluminum or composite blocks in the tank to ensure no more than 5 litres can be put in at once. Swapping tank from honda civic into corvette to allow for 57 litres will be allowed however.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:00 PM

Civics should be prohibited cause they're basically the Saturday night special of the car world.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
I think I realized that something like 5 min after posting. how would they determine the hp of the engine, DYNO test every car out there, on a regular basis. it is illogical but seems possible the way some people think in todays society. Thought I would gather as much information as possible on this topic, if possible, if it is true to begin with.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Maybe, instead of a cup holder he has a bong holder in his Vette?
Old 01-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
or fishing
Old 01-13-2014, 11:26 PM

Vehicles and firearms are entirely different things. A comparison is nonsensical. I more than agree that according to Common Law we have had our rights grotesquely violated when it comes to ownership/bearing and use of arms. Yet in addition, many other ways likewise.

Cement Bench~

It's all about control. We have more than enough battles to fight.... Let's not give the brain dead doper control freaks any ideas!

Old 01-13-2014, 11:33 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cement Bench View Post
Mandatory background checks, including driving, criminal, and mental health records.

Auto confiscation if you violate any laws, putting you in the "not allowed to possess" category.

Limits on fuel and tire purchases, because who needs a new set of tires more than every 3 years?

If it's good enough for gun owners, it's good enough for owners of high horsepower death machines!

Cement Bench
If you want play with the big boys on the autobahn. You have to deal with many of those hoops. Unless you drive on an international licence. Steped mc and auto licensing system limits displacment and hp . Try having a beer see where that gets you. So in fact the safest fastest best trained road system on earth uses many of your suggestions. Funny how that works. Eh.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:05 AM

this has been posted before on a few spirited driving websites and the great state of Cali-forn-i-kay-shun has used the gun grabbing examples of logic to draft legislation on high powered vehicles about 6 or 8 years ago, when I was at a shoot in new mexicao (us nationals for br) a city manager for a larger california state chatted with me about my deisel pickup and sent me draft regulations for

VEHICLE BUMPER HEIGHT in california which had legislation that was voted upon declaring the maximum vehicle height to allow small dodge neon type cars along with honda civics NOT TO GET CRUSHED IN HEAD ON COLLISIONS WITH 4 BY 4 'S

they then drafted the corvette or high performance car legislation but no vote, and it included such similar silly provisions,

thought folks would get a giggle out of this and believe me they already have pages and pages of regulations much tougher than what has been posted,

anyway as always

please enjoy your day

later eh

thick as a Cement Bench
Old 01-14-2014, 12:15 AM

Alberta has bumper height restrictions
Old 01-14-2014, 12:25 AM

the draft restrictions were such that the pickup height had to be within 3 inches of the median height of a passenger car like the honda civic, it would have changed the truck industry forever, when they got pushback from the toyota and even S U V like the large toyota and chevy they realized the

fuel efficient and green cars were just not enough of the market share (YET) to enforce the regulations for california, and we all know how california state regulates the crap out of things,

searched that topic before but it did not get the true or complete regulations, the government only had them out as a draft so they could not get caught with their pants down

Cement Bench
Old 01-14-2014, 08:44 AM

For all the states and canada

http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/laws/bumper-height/

From the tsa for Alberta:

Bumpers
79(1) A passenger car must have both a front and a rear bumper.
(2) A person shall not install or alter a bumper on a passenger car unless the design of the bumper is equivalent to, and the bumper is mounted in substantially the same manner as, the bumper installed by the manufacturer of the passenger car.
(3) A person shall not alter a passenger car in such a way that the main structural component of a bumper is more than 500 millimetres or less than 400 millimetres above ground level when the passenger car is not loaded.
(4) For the purposes of subsection (3), components that are commonly known as bumperettes or overriders are not part of the main structural component of a bumper or of the projected vertical facing of a bumper.
(5) Subsection (3) does not apply to passenger cars manufactured before April 1, 1976.
(6) A person shall not alter a car manufactured before April 1, 1976 in such a way that the bumper is more than 100 millimetres higher or lower than it was at the time the car was manufactured.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:

Cement Bench

Already done. It's called a driver's license. When you turn 16 you'll be able to get one.

kidding about the 16 part.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Already done. It's called a driver's license. When you turn 16 you'll be able to get one.

Yup, and my Corvette must be restricted..It's registered....

..and as far as control, I do that quited well......
Old 01-14-2014, 10:29 AM

Default haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post

even if you were not kidding

IT IS STILL FUNNY

Cement Bench
Old 01-14-2014, 11:03 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

Cement Bench
Way overdue. We have speed limits as well as civilian speed patrol nannies, to keep us safe, and correct poor driving.

Why do they exist if vehicles are sold to people who plan to speed and can't control their urges. Not much different than pot smokers. Illegal is illegal. Just say NO!!!!!

There is realy no need for speed.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand