Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-13-2014, 08:49 AM

Default Laminate ATT and Firearm Registration Certificate

Does anybody know if it is ok to laminate these cerificates? This would help to protect them. My condtions require that I carry the registration for the restricted firearm. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 01-13-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12.gauge View Post
Does anybody know if it is ok to laminate these cerificates? This would help to protect them. My condtions require that I carry the registration for the restricted firearm. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I can't see for the life of me why there would be a problem with it. I laminated all my registration cert's. Of course all the ones for my long guns have gone through a shredder but all my pistol cert's are laminated and in the appropriate locking handgun case with a copy of the ATT.

I didn't bother with the ATT though because it's only good for 5 years. I basically just stuck the whole (folded) sheet of paper with the ATT on it in the case with the firearm(s) and cert(s). Yes, I have several handguns and several cases.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***
Old 01-13-2014, 01:10 PM

I laminated all my certs, and ATT, didn't read anywhere you couldn't...

I also keep a scan on my cellphone just in-case something went missing and I didn't realize it...

Sure it doesn't meet the legal obligation of having these documents on hand, but if ever asked to produce them, I would rather have a scan copy that removes some doubt they exist, rather than be standing there going... ummm....it was right here....ummmm....I must have misplaced it...

J