Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-02-2021, 02:09 PM
Banned

Great video.. You were within the law.. Some of these fly guys need to relax a bit.
Thanks for sharing and don't let the guys who's crap doesn't stink bring you down.
Old 09-03-2021, 03:50 PM

To add to this I would have no problem if a one fish daily limit be allowed for any none native trout in out of streams in Alberta, say brookies, browns and non native rainbows. Might help out the native species recover. Not everyone is highly skilled at fly fishing and I fly fish too and spinner fish too.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59whiskers View Post
To add to this I would have no problem if a one fish daily limit be allowed for any none native trout in out of streams in Alberta, say brookies, browns and non native rainbows. Might help out the native species recover. Not everyone is highly skilled at fly fishing and I fly fish too and spinner fish too.
This would have to be applied to very specific flowing waters were there has been enough research to ensure it can sustain. There is already a pretty liberal brook trout limit/bounty in many es1 streams. It most have been effective as brook have become rare in these waters.

In the bow? No way!! As a catch and release river there is a crazy amount of anglers on the water add in those who would start to keep fish and bow would be decemated in 2 years. I fish the bow in the city limits often and tons of people walking by comment they won't fish the bow because they can't keep fish. I personally know many anglers that I would not trust on the bow with a 1 fish limit. They would keep 1 if they caught 1 but would keep more if they thought they wouldn't be caught or go out in a group and keep 1 per person. I live close enough to good water I could easly catch and keep 1 every day. Never mind what makes the bow special (at least for me as a mostly spinner shore fisherman) is the quality not the quantity of fish in the river. I know I might not catch many but have a good shot at a 20incher every time out.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:11 AM

LOL I think I got good karma by posting this. After writing this I started thinking been awhile since a got a true monster out of the bow. Next day I started out with a nice 17incher on third cast. Much later in the day I landed a monster 20+inch rainbow in some rapids. Super thick! Looked more like the salmon they sell at safeway then a trout.

So spent 7am-2pm on the bow caught 2 fish and consider it one of my best days recently. Plus enjoyed nature spotted: female rig neck pheasant, mink (saw it go into water and come out with a minnow!),bald eagle, osprey, pike, blue heron, and deer. All within 10 drive from my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacCowboy View Post
This would have to be applied to very specific flowing waters were there has been enough research to ensure it can sustain. There is already a pretty liberal brook trout limit/bounty in many es1 streams. It most have been effective as brook have become rare in these waters.

In the bow? No way!! As a catch and release river there is a crazy amount of anglers on the water add in those who would start to keep fish and bow would be decemated in 2 years. I fish the bow in the city limits often and tons of people walking by comment they won't fish the bow because they can't keep fish. I personally know many anglers that I would not trust on the bow with a 1 fish limit. They would keep 1 if they caught 1 but would keep more if they thought they wouldn't be caught or go out in a group and keep 1 per person. I live close enough to good water I could easly catch and keep 1 every day. Never mind what makes the bow special (at least for me as a mostly spinner shore fisherman) is the quality not the quantity of fish in the river. I know I might not catch many but have a good shot at a 20incher every time out.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:39 PM

Thanks for showing... Great video.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Great video.. You were within the law.. Some of these fly guys need to relax a bit.
Thanks for sharing and don't let the guys who's crap doesn't stink bring you down.
Yes, it is much more effective to police yourself than others.

The Bow is a cowboy fishery full of non natives. It should be open season on them. Brown trout deserve as much conservation as Prussian Carp. They're as sporting as pike.

The only fish in there worthy of respect is the Mountain whitefish.

I hope these comments aren't too barbed for you guys.

Love,

Fish Jesus
Old 11-04-2021, 10:29 AM

Come on, now that's just ridiculous. Pike are much more sporting than Browns.

Sent from my motorola one hyper using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2021, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Jesus View Post
Yes, it is much more effective to police yourself than others.

The Bow is a cowboy fishery full of non natives. It should be open season on them. Brown trout deserve as much conservation as Prussian Carp. They're as sporting as pike.

The only fish in there worthy of respect is the Mountain whitefish.

I hope these comments aren't too barbed for you guys.

Love,

Fish Jesus
I predict banned before new years. Some people are sure bored...
Old 12-31-2021, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikka250 View Post
Ahh good ol outdoorsman forum. Where someone posts about their passion and is torn apart by holier than thou experts.
Great job and great video!
My thoughts as well...no shortage of keyboard fishing pro's and critics in here
....absolutely worst group of any forums I frequent....

Tags
bow river, lipless crankbaits, rainbow trout