Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-05-2008, 03:58 PM
2430M

Default Omg

Was just checking the draw stats from last year and seen this. I think it is wrong, especially when 100% of the 5's were drawn, 89% of the 4's were drawn and 97% of the 3's were drawn. So this poor hunter applied more than twice as many years as the priority 3's and yet they had a better outing. He didn't 999 either because there is a separate area for those calculations *shrug*. Just found it strange and wrong. Anyways, do any of you check the percentages of the draws to help you when you are going to apply? different area's can be quite different on the percentage drawn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg omg.jpg (21.6 KB, 175 views)
Old 07-05-2008, 05:07 PM

I'm going to guess the reason for this would be that the individual applied for Trophy and or Archery as well and got drawn for one of them first. I think the order they draw is Trophy first then Archery then Non Trophy for antelope. Although you can apply for more than one of these licences you can't get drawn for more than one.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:15 PM

spoiled ballot is my guess. Could have been spoiled for many reasons. Only the guy/gal whose ballot it was would know for sure, besides the draw authority.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:31 PM

If you apply as a Group and are not successful it will show you as unsuccessful even though lower priority hunters will show as having been successful. Example you and your partner apply for Trophy Antelope, you have a priority 8 and he has a priority of 4. If priority 4 is too low to get drawn it will show a Priority 8 as not having been successful even though there may have been 6's and 7's which were successful.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:41 AM
2430M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
If you apply as a Group and are not successful it will show you as unsuccessful even though lower priority hunters will show as having been successful. Example you and your partner apply for Trophy Antelope, you have a priority 8 and he has a priority of 4. If priority 4 is too low to get drawn it will show a Priority 8 as not having been successful even though there may have been 6's and 7's which were successful.
Now that makes sense. Thank you