Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Actually only some states are reintroducing restrictions.
Most states had lower infection rates and mortality rates than Canada.
The states with the greatest death rates ignored federal guidelines.
Québec had a mortality rate almost double that of the US.

But if it makes you feel better, orange man bad.

Yes they've done a wonderful job of controlling the infection rate and flattening the curve havent they?

Of course when your intrepid leader is spouting get back to work, inject bleach and disinfectants, shine a flashlight up your arse, hot weather kills it, and one day...snap...it'll just disappear, you really have to wonder how anyone could be stupid enough to take him seriously.

Maybe if they all stared into a solar eclipse sans protective eyewear it'd mske more sense.

Science is a lie. Long live King Donald. Hes even using religious references in his orations now. Pretty funny. Shows how desperate he is.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:54 PM

You can sure see who watches or listens to the so called mainstream media to get there information and believes every word of it, maybe some people should listen and try and understand the other point of view instead of going to personal insults as some always do. Some may be surprized and ****ed off at the narrative the media are trying so hard over and over to try and keep you scared and inline so you don't find out what's really going on.

Maybe read a book called "Unfreedom of The Press" by Mark Levin
What many don't realize is that we are living in a time of information warfare and silent infiltration instead of out right invasion.

Media=Tel-A-Vision + programing. When every outlet you watch or listen too repetitively reports the same thing nonstop at what point do you question the motives? For some this is an impossible task because the "programming" is too deep.
Just a few examples below and the Crown Virus is no different IMHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yshJn7lgVsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLlDSAnWojA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S98rIPhSW6M

Canada is no different. Why do you think Trudeau propped up Canadian media every year with hundreds of millions of dollars of our money? Propaganda
Regardless of the overwhelming odds or obstacles in your path,
you always have an opportunity to overcome.
It is your attitude that will determine the outcome.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Uh huh. Everyone that lost their job did to Covid went back to work.

And it seems to have worked our well.
I think this is where many loose sight. There is plenty of room for this virus to continue expanding along with rising rates. A large scale collapse is potentially on the horizon. And then, it will magically disappear.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:00 AM
Banned

Shut down the country. Shut it down. Also shut down Canada. If Canadians have to completely unemployed to keep this pandemic down, do it. It's for the betterment of the Canadian people.

Last edited by NinjaHunter; 07-05-2020 at 12:00 AM. Reason: derp
Old 07-05-2020, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Only a liberal knows how to spell misogynist. After all, they seem to use that word quite often. You been watching too much Rosie. lol
I'm preetty sure you forgot a couple of the other old standby idioms. Refer to the lib handbook if you are unsure of what they are
You think this is a liberal versus conservative problem? Really? When you go to the beer and wine store, is that your choice? Or are you tier two and you wrestle with red or white?

It's not left or right, it's right or wrong. But hey, if you feel like some crotch grabbing tonight, make it about politics, and Trump, he's your man.

Last edited by nelsonob1; 07-05-2020 at 01:34 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post
Ummm so everyone who agrees with him is an idiot,sexist,misogynist,biggot? As they must share every idea and persona?
No. But anyone who agrees with him, agrees with an idiotic, sexist, misogynistic biggot.

What is it that appeals to you? The crotch snatching or the racism? Maybe that he's a self proclaimed genius? I'm pretty sure my neighbor is attracted to the crotch thing - as he's recently been released from a sexual offender wing. He wears one of those hats. How about you?

Last edited by nelsonob1; 07-05-2020 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:08 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
.... and we wait for anything of any substance from you sir.

Please attempt to contribute perhaps.
Two flusher.........now that's substance.........more so than trump provides for his country....out of control....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-05-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
No you said over ruled. And of course that was false. If you want to argue that he ignored their advice you might have a point.
By the way lots of health officials were also ok with mass demonstrations too. Trying to suggest that health officials are providing consistent or even factual advice is funny too. I can remember back when they all claimed masks were ineffective.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn....rnd/index.html

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-are-important
It's pretty easy to go back and read my original post. I didn't say overruled either, lol. I said he defied health official requests to not have the rally. Trump supporters can argue until the sun goes down but when the man claims to he the final authority, he accepts the responsibility that goes along with that and that includes the bad with the good.

Just for the record, I don't completely hate everything about Trump, I've actually had to defend him at times during discussions with friends but he is showing poor leadership when it comes to the virus and the numbers down south prove that.

Last edited by Sporty; 07-05-2020 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:00 AM

So where in the US are Covid death rates on the rise?

-Billy Molls
Old 07-05-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Texas isn't looking that good right now..........

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...re-almost-full

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...380224.phpurl]

Last edited by Scott h; 07-05-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Well that took all of 5 seconds........

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...<br /> <br /> https://whatsnew2day.com/texas-on-the-verge-of-covid-crisis-houstons-largest-hospitals-icu-is-97-full/[/url]
Well that’s great. It’s not what I asked though.

There must have been a Trump rally there. It certainly wasn’t this.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos...t=mostpopular#

-Billy Molls

Last edited by Pathfinder76; 07-05-2020 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschache View Post
You can sure see who watches or listens to the so called mainstream media to get there information and believes every word of it, maybe some people should listen and try and understand the other point of view instead of going to personal insults as some always do. Some may be surprized and ****ed off at the narrative the media are trying so hard over and over to try and keep you scared and inline so you don't find out what's really going on.

Maybe read a book called "Unfreedom of The Press" by Mark Levin
What many don't realize is that we are living in a time of information warfare and silent infiltration instead of out right invasion.

Media=Tel-A-Vision + programing. When every outlet you watch or listen too repetitively reports the same thing nonstop at what point do you question the motives? For some this is an impossible task because the "programming" is too deep.
Just a few examples below and the Crown Virus is no different IMHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yshJn7lgVsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLlDSAnWojA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S98rIPhSW6M

Canada is no different. Why do you think Trudeau propped up Canadian media every year with hundreds of millions of dollars of our money? Propaganda
Mark Levin ? The Mark Levin of Fox News ? The Fox News that pretty much reports the same thing over and over ? They are the CNN of the right. The MSM of the right. Fox promotes whatever it’s owners and leadership want promoted. How is that Free Press ?
Old 07-05-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:

There must have been a Trump rally there.
You do understand that it takes someone on a vent awhile to die don't you ??? People don't just walk in to ER, get diagnosed with covid and then pass away and become a statistic.
It's not unusual to ventilate someone for 6 weeks until the finally die. Unless they need the vent or bed and then you can hurry them along on their way......
Old 07-05-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
You do understand that it takes someone on a vent awhile to die don't you ??? People don't just walk in to ER, get diagnosed with covid and then pass away and become a statistic.
It's not unusual to ventilate someone for 6 weeks until the finally die. Unless they need the vent or bed and then you can hurry them along on their way......
Oh, OK. So no matter what the numbers say, you are right?

-Billy Molls
Old 07-05-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
It’s well known the death rate lags infection rate.

Be patient. All will come to those who wait.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 07-05-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
They say we need a few weeks to see if the death rate will increase. Here’s to hoping it stays flat or drops. Some good news on the Covid front is desperately needed. Maybe the left, right warfare will ease up a little.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Oh, OK. So no matter what the numbers say, you are right?
That's just what happens. First infection rates go up. Second hospital admissions rates go up. Third people get moved from medical wards to ICU for advanced care as their organ systems falter. Fourth in ICU they improve or they die.
Number 4 can take a long time. When a hospital becomes 100% full, like many in Texas are, it becomes necessary to decide if yo want to put anymore time and effort into flogging a patient that will most likely die any ways.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
That's just what happens. First infection rates go up. Second hospital admissions rates go up. Third people get moved from medical wards to ICU for advanced care as their organ systems falter. Fourth in ICU they improve or they die.
Number 4 can take a long time. When a hospital becomes 100% full, like many in Texas are, it becomes necessary to decide if yo want to put anymore time and effort into flogging a patient that will most likely die any ways.
Scott, what should we do about it?

-Billy Molls
Old 07-05-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Scott, what should we do about it?
Canada is doing just what we should be doing. Our numbers are very good...considering. This disease is only 6 months old, and the amount of time and money spent on researching treatments is amazing. Already your chances are better today than they would have been 4 months ago.
They longer you stay uninfected the better your chances are.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:46 AM

It’s too bad we can’t put this kind of effort to clothe the naked and feed the hungry. To conquer disease that is killing at an exponentially higher rate. If only.

-Billy Molls
Old 07-05-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
It’s too bad we can’t put this kind of effort to clothe the naked and feed the hungry. To conquer disease that is killing at an exponentially higher rate. If only.
Lots of people put do put a lot of effort into feeding the hungry and putting clothes on the naked. Others however only worry about the all mighty dollar, and how they can afford their second truck or a new ATV.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
It's pretty easy to go back and read my original post. I didn't say overruled either, lol. I said he defied health official requests to not have the rally. Trump supporters can argue until the sun goes down but when the man claims to he the final authority, he accepts the responsibility that goes along with that and that includes the bad with the good.

Just for the record, I don't completely hate everything about Trump, I've actually had to defend him at times during discussions with friends but he is showing poor leadership when it comes to the virus and the numbers down south prove that.

de·fy
/dəˈfī/
Learn to pronounce
verb
gerund or present participle: defying
openly resist or refuse to obey.
"a woman who defies convention"
(of a thing) make (an action or quality) almost impossible.
"his actions defy belief"

One more time. The governor controls health issues as they are a state responsibility. The governor had lifted restrictions on public gatherings. Some health experts had suggested it was a bad idea. Trump and the governor disagreed. He was not defying he was ignoring.
Also if you look at the links I posted above you can also see that not all public health officials are against all gatherings. If they had been a little more consistent in their advice perhaps both Trump and the governor would have taken the advice.
Old 07-05-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
Mark Levin ? The Mark Levin of Fox News ? The Fox News that pretty much reports the same thing over and over ? They are the CNN of the right. The MSM of the right. Fox promotes whatever it’s owners and leadership want promoted. How is that Free Press ?
You are exactly right on Fox, they are MSM of the right. Its not specifically the author of the book or where he works but the content and connections in the book that can be easily verified that explains the ties of corruption from gov installing operatives in all media to push the narrative they want us to believe. The books name’s name’s and how they are all connected.
Regardless of the overwhelming odds or obstacles in your path,
you always have an opportunity to overcome.
It is your attitude that will determine the outcome.
Old 07-05-2020, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:

There must have been a Trump rally there. It certainly wasn’t this.
There is this, though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EcFr8vzU0AIPeEZ.jpg (70.1 KB, 63 views)
Old 07-05-2020, 03:34 PM

Yea, exactly

-Billy Molls
Old 07-05-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadji Ramjet View Post
There is this, though.
The BLM protests certainly contributed to the acceleration of the numbers, but you can see where they were headed at the start of the protest and positive tests would have lagged a bit. The Governor acknowledged he screwed up. Opening bars was one of his admitted blunders. Plenty of blame to go around on both sides of the political spectrum, and on both sides of the border as well.

In hindsight, I know exactly how I would have managed this pandemic. I seem to have a lot of company.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
de·fy
/dəˈfī/
Learn to pronounce
verb

One more time. The governor controls health issues as they are a state responsibility. The governor had lifted restrictions on public gatherings. Some health experts had suggested it was a bad idea. Trump and the governor disagreed. He was not defying he was ignoring.
Also if you look at the links I posted above you can also see that not all public health officials are against all gatherings. If they had been a little more consistent in their advice perhaps both Trump and the governor would have taken the advice.
So, is Trump ignoring or defying face masks?
Those governors ignored the warnings, at the bequest of Trump, who defied those issuing the warnings.
And once again, this is a national problem requiring a nationally cohesive approach. Turning it over to states who may or not comply was a cop out on Trumps behalf. To continue defying the experts is ignorant to the core.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAlberta View Post
So, is Trump ignoring or defying face masks?
Those governors ignored the warnings, at the bequest of Trump, who defied those issuing the warnings.
And once again, this is a national problem requiring a nationally cohesive approach. Turning it over to states who may or not comply was a cop out on Trumps behalf. To continue defying the experts is ignorant to the core.
It certainly isn’t national here. Why is that?

-Billy Molls
Old 07-05-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadji Ramjet View Post
There is this, though.
Who would expect infections to rise after mass gatherings held during a pandemic.......
Old 07-05-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
de·fy
/dəˈfī/
Learn to pronounce
verb

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...sclient=psy-ab

Word forms: 3rd person singular present tense defies , present participle defying , past tense, past participle defied. 1. verb. If you defy someone or something that is trying to make you behave in a particular way, you refuse to obey them and behave in that way.

Sporty's post was just fine. Using Defied in his sentence the way he did, to describe actions in the past tense is 100% correct.

Also, since you asked him to "learn how to pronounce", you should be aware that "pronouncing", or, "mispronouncing" something that's written isn't possible is it? (he's not speaking, he is writing, right?)

In the case of Trump either defying or ignoring what the health experts said is really one and the same, isn't it? Does it even matter, or was Sporty's post clear - it was to the rest of us and he has every right to his opinion.

Last edited by EZM; 07-05-2020 at 07:25 PM.
Closed Thread