Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-17-2018, 12:29 PM
Banned

Default U.K. supermarket chain to offer 'snowflake chicken' for those afraid to touch raw meat

It just keeps getting better and better.

http://nationalpost.com/life/food/u-...touch-raw-meat

I guess they don’t know that one can wash their hands with soap and water after touching the meat.

Some people’s grandmother must be rolling in her grave.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:37 PM

I don't get it, quite often I just dump the meat from the syrofoam tray directly into the frying pan or grill without touching the meat. Now they offer a special plastic bag so the younger generation doesn't have to touch meat? What is the world coming too?
This is the only part of the article that really makes any sense.
Quote:
Pandering to a minority at the expense of the planet? Sheer stupidity,” Michelle Davies said

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 04-17-2018, 01:16 PM

This is both sad and funny at the same time. Anyone here remember Demolition Man with Stallone and Snipes? That's the kind of society were headed for. Everything bad for you outlawed and tickets for swearing. Just hope I don't ever see 3 seashells in a bathroom.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:34 PM

I don't know what is worst. That someone is that scared of raw chicken or that so many people are that there is a market for this...

Just another reason for me to claim I had a 'rough upbringing'. Our chickens came wrapped in feathers and full of guts. Oh the humanity.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
I don't know what is worst. That someone is that scared of raw chicken or that so many people are that there is a market for this...

Just another reason for me to claim I had a 'rough upbringing'. Our chickens came wrapped in feathers and full of guts. Oh the humanity.

I remember in fall going to my uncles farm and harvesting the poultry (see what I did there??), I'd love to see the look on these peoples faces watching the headless chickens flapping about, with the pack of family hounds chasing after with blood on their muzzles having the time of their lives!
Old 04-17-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nast70 View Post

I remember in fall going to my uncles farm and harvesting the poultry (see what I did there??), I'd love to see the look on these peoples faces watching the headless chickens flapping about, with the pack of family hounds chasing after with blood on their muzzles having the time of their lives!
Some good memories. I always hated how we had to have fresh chicken for dinner on butcher day though. I love fresh chicken but after a full day of butchering 60+ chickens it's a bit much.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:08 PM

Kids are too scared to touch raw meat. Well, those same kids are to be drafted for war if their country is to go to war. It would be interesting to see how they handle that horror.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:17 PM

This gives me hope for my girls (6 and 9). I've got pics of them sawing the legs off my deer from last year with their bare hands and then having a sword fight with them in the garage for about 15 mins afterwards. Now if I could just get them not afraid of bugs I'd be set
Old 04-17-2018, 02:18 PM
Banned

Oh my, beam me up Scotty.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:29 PM

I handle my chicken from chopping block to deep fryer.
I don't need anyone to try and convince me that it's not an animal!
I raise them and watch them eat grasshoppers and other bugs, then I butcher them and cook them.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:29 PM

Default handling chicken

My grandparents raised chickens commercially while I was growing up. They used to butcher 100-150 every other week for the local markets and butcher shops. Our job for us kids was to catch them up (remember those long peices of wire with the crook on the end?) and cut the heads off. Once they quit chasing us around the yard, we gathered them for gramps and threw them into the scalding pot. Just think of the nightmares all the snowflakes would have! They would go broke paying for therapy
Old 04-18-2018, 06:12 AM

Too many people want to order a bucket of KFC and pretend that it was magically "made" from a mixture of ingredients that has nothing to do with the facts of life and the food chain.

I've got cousins who grew up in the city, and they would come out and spend some time visiting their farm cousins for a few weeks every summer when we were kids,
One time they brought a friend with them who was a total city girl.
She got her eyes opened to simple things like carrots and potatoes coming from the dirt! And eggs coming from the chicken barn.
And she refused to eat supper when she found out where chicken came from!
There was no convincing her that the groceries her parents bought were from the same source! Superstore just makes the stuff in the back!