Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-13-2018, 12:25 PM

Default Liberal mass e-mail on c71, do not respond

Watch out for this one if you happen to get e-mails from the Libs. If you sign up and send a response with a comment, it will be counted as support for C71. Resembles the trick Notley used on carbon tax. An example;

From another poster on CCFR;

This is a copy of a mass email sent to me from a Liberal MP wanting people to add their name to agree with the Liberal Bill C-71. It appears as though they want people to agree with a mis-information campaign. They claim that the gang violence (which they have no actual plan for) they think all they have to do is make it more difficult for licensed owners to obtain firearms and gang and other criminal activities will go away SMH.

This is the form contact link.

https://www.liberal.ca/contact/…

MP's mass email starts here.

Toronto is my home.

I was born and raised here and my work has always been focused on the urban affairs of this city – as a journalist, as a city councillor, and now as a Member of Parliament for Spadina-Fort York.
Gun violence in Toronto, and across Canada, has been on the rise with gun homicides doubling over the past four years and rising to a high of 223 in 2016. Far too many innocent Canadians and neighbourhoods have been victimized.
Recent incidents of gun violence have really struck home for me. When innocent Canadians, and in particular youth, are being caught in the crossfire, it means we need to start taking a different approach.
Last November, my colleague, Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale, announced more than $300 million over five years on anti-gun and gang initiatives, and another $100 million annually after that. Which is an incredible first step, but there's more work to be done.
And that's why the Liberal team has tabled Bill C-71.
These common-sense gun control measures will help to get a handle on illegal handguns and assault weapons in Canada. They require anyone selling guns (including private sales) to ensure that the buyer has a valid firearm license. They allow for enhanced background checks, in order to look at someone's entire life history (instead of just the past 5 years) when considering them for a license. And, they will ensure that experts like the RCMP and law enforcement officers are the ones making decisions when it comes to gun control – not politicians and the firearms lobby.
Before we took office, Stephen Harper steadily weakened Canada's gun laws over his ten years in power. And now, the Conservatives are picking up right where he left off.
Andrew Scheer's plan would further weaken our gun control laws – including less red tape, higher maximum magazine capacities, and no new money for anti-gun and gang initiatives. It's not common sense, and it's not gun control.

While Canada is one of the safest places in the world, gun crime has taken lives in too many of our communities. We need a plan that will make our hometowns less vulnerable to gun violence. As Liberals, we must do everything we can to ensure this bill becomes law, no matter how much the Conservatives try to stall our progress.
Working together is exactly how we can achieve real change. Add your name to show the Conservatives that Canadians need to take practical, common-sense steps to make our communities safer.
Add your name ➜

Sincerely,

Adam Vaughan
M.P., Spadina-Fort York

Contact Privacy policy Unsubscribe

350 Albert Street, Suite 920 Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 6M8, CA. Authorized by the Federal Liberal Agency of Canada, registered agent for the Liberal Party of Canada.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:34 PM

I wonder if the anti-gun people are as ticked off about c-71 as the legal gun owners are. After all it doing nothing to stop gun crimes when they were promise something would be done. Hopefully they see it as waste of time too.