Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-06-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
Anything to do with Scent control is a head shaker. Seriously, who the hell believes in scent control???

And Helgie rubbing some scrape scent product on branches......
Well those who are selling pizz in bottles are making a bundle. I remember a day when no one wore a stitch of camo and most firearms were wood and shiney blue and it was not a problem In those day if anyone smelled like pizz it was because they did not turn their back to the wind.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:51 PM

Long range shows. Where the side by side cruises along a ridge to spot a 140” mule snoozing, and with all the time in the world they make a 1000 yard shot on it. They could ride a 2 stroke motor bike 500 yards towards it without waking the deer form it’s bed and walk a bit for a confident shot. But no wouldnt be cool enough. Bunch of jokers. I Prefer shows that have Woodsmenship skills. Consistency in long range shooting is truly a skill. But portrayed the way it is on hunting tv is bad news.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunter51 View Post
The biggest laugh yet is the new show coming from ryan kohler--" learning how to hunt with ryan " Yup, he's now going to TEACH hunting. He should take his short course first.
Not sure of that guy's ever been on a hunt without a guide or an Outfitter

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2018, 10:32 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
There is a difference between shows that are intended to make a person laugh, and shows that try to be serious. I always laughed at Shockey's program when his father and father in law were on the show, because those gentlemen were meant to be entertaining. Those episodes were meant to make everyone laugh, and they did. On the other hand, some hosts are seriously trying to teach people how to hunt/shoot, or to teach them about equipment, and the show/segment is not intended to make people laugh. It's not a good thing when the audience is laughing at the host during those episodes/segments.
I weed that crap out real quick because it just makes me shake my head at some of the shows that get aired.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-07-2018, 10:33 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
Well those who are selling pizz in bottles are making a bundle. I remember a day when no one wore a stitch of camo and most firearms were wood and shiney blue and it was not a problem In those day if anyone smelled like pizz it was because they did not turn their back to the wind.
Yup....keep it simple stupid and you will put meat in the freezer but you don't look the part if your not dressing the part

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-07-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunter51 View Post
The biggest laugh yet is the new show coming from ryan kohler--" learning how to hunt with ryan " Yup, he's now going to TEACH hunting. He should take his short course first.
I remember being kicked off this forum for Questioning this "gentleman's" claims about them HUCEMA scopes that you could sight in at 100 yards and then send a round with pin point accuracy to the edge of the know universe....
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:46 PM

when cody robbins over advertises his bowtech bow
Old 04-07-2018, 01:21 PM

Had to laugh yesterday I was watching a show when the guy had to mention his Ray-Bans give me a break

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2018, 04:17 PM

Canada it the rough today.He shot a whitetail buck feeding on about 3 dozen apples they had placed as bait. Then went on to say what a great hunt he had.
SUCKS.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:25 PM

How everything is a ridge.... Even a one foot high mound of dirt.
Or matzinger's "As I crested over the ridge, I felt God's presence"
Love his show, best guy on wild

Last edited by Grizzly303; 04-08-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:26 PM

Default wasting meat

Don't know how many shows I've watched were they shoot a deer at dark and then leave it over night.And they are hunting in southern states wearing
t-shirts in 60-70 degree F weather, then congratulate themselves on their hunting ability's the next day when they recover the animal. What a waste !! all they are after are the antlers.
Gotta wonder how many of these so called professional hunters would do on their own, without relying on someone else to do all the leg work for them. Don't think that many of them could clean an animal if left to do it alone.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye guy View Post
Don't know how many shows I've watched were they shoot a deer at dark and then leave it over night.And they are hunting in southern states wearing
t-shirts in 60-70 degree F weather, then congratulate themselves on their hunting ability's the next day when they recover the animal. What a waste !! all they are after are the antlers.
Gotta wonder how many of these so called professional hunters would do on their own, without relying on someone else to do all the leg work for them. Don't think that many of them could clean an animal if left to do it alone.
I once shot an elk with my bow (terrible shot on my first big game animal with the bow) on opening day when it was +30 and went back the next morning and recovered the animal and it wasn’t spoiled whatsoever. However I’ve also seen game be spoiled in -10C weather and usually the coyotes devour the whole animal. I normally do every thing I can to recover the animal the same day, but sometimes it doesn’t work out.

I do agree that the amount of animals left overnight on the shows is kind of ridiculous though.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:40 PM

They leave them overnight hoping the coyotes find them so they don't have to deal with shipping meat or coming back to pick up meat from butchers. Got their rack and on to the next province to film another "hunt".