Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-22-2015, 08:33 PM
Banned

Default Bowtech Fuel vs Diamond Infinite Edge

Are they really just the same bow? They have similar specs so is one just smoother than the other? They have a different price to them as well.

I'm asking because I'm looking to get my son a new bow. My buddy picked up the Infinite Edge, I've seen they now have the Pro version of that as well. I shoot Bowtech and my wife has a Diamond. I trust their stuff, just looking to see if anyone has shot one or even handled one yet.

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:12 PM

The fuel is a better bow in my opinion. Both are great for adjustability for kids.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:08 AM

Keeping in mind that Diamond Archery is owned by Bowtech...Diamond like many other top brand spin off brand names [like Mathews has Mission etc] are usually quaility bows but with less bells and whistles...so they are more affordable...

The parent company will usually have the top of the line features hence more expensive...

So the same bow ...one branded Bowtech the other Diamond...expect the Bowtech to have better quailitys and features...

Although they look alike some of the features may be a roller guard on parent company and just a simple slide guard on the spin off...
Aircraft-grade 7075 aluminium alloy cams and idler wheels on parent...lesser grade aluminum or maybe even space age nylon cams on other lesser models

Extreme machining on parent risers...less on spin off...etc

Neil
Old 04-25-2015, 05:52 PM
Banned

We went in and my son shot the Fuel. It draws the same as the Infinite Edge Pro, a little smoother than the Infinite Edge. It is a different bow, but not much. My son really likes the Fuel. It is an extra $100 ov the IEP, but he likes the camo on it over all black.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:37 PM
Banned

Took my son in to JimBows this evening to pick up his new bow. Got it all set up, sighted in at 10 yards, close at 20. He's pulling 23" and 25# so he needs a pin for both and the third pin for 30. He shot probably 30 3 arrow rounds and was happy as a pig in poop. Jim even came out and talked to my son a bit about shooting form and grip.

Overall, is the Bowtech Fuel any better than the Infinite Edge Pro? Maybe a slight edge but not much, if any. But he liked the feel of the Fuel better.

Now I have three of his arrows loaded up with Judi tips ready to hit up some gophers between all of the soccer, lol.