Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 03-24-2015, 01:23 PM

Default I am so pumped!!!!

Just got permission to build my cabin. Was a very easy process and just need to build as per the regs. The guy from Public lands was great to deal with. I found a new area on my line to build and it has a lot more area for me to cover and it looks like good area to get some fur. Can't wait!!!!
Old 03-24-2015, 02:41 PM

That is great news Nube.
Make sure you take pictures over the summer so we can see your progress.
Hopefully there is not hiccups along the way.
The sea-can one that I was looking at was way to pricy for what you got.
Good thing that it is only 45 minutes away to the line so we can day trip out there.

some day I'll shoot a deer bigger than my son's.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:48 PM
Banned

Congratulations Nube, I am really happy for you nobody deserves it more!

I would like you to know that your trapping thread was one of the best threads on AO this winter and I really enjoyed following your trapping exploits, always put a smile on my face!
Old 03-24-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
Congratulations Nube, I am really happy for you. I would like you to know that your trapping thread was one of the best threads on AO and I really enjoyed following your trapping exploits, always put a smile on my face!
Thanks, I needed that. If I get feedback like that then I will put the effort into taking the pics. The main purpose was for guys like you who enjoy the outdoors and I can share the experience with. I love going on Trapperman.com in the wilderness section and reading those and it gave me the idea to start my own.

Thunder, I looked at them as well but ya they are expensive. I think Ican get away with doing this cabin for under a couple grand. I got all the insilation already for free and also have some shingles for free. Wood is cheap. I just need a few buddies to come out and help build it as I am not a carpenter and it would not be a square cabin when I am done lol
Old 03-24-2015, 04:14 PM

Congrats on the permission to build the new cabin. Look forward to reading about this next great project of yours.

BW
Old 03-24-2015, 04:46 PM

Congrats nube. Are you gonna have to tear the old one down or is it considered a line cabin? Looks like you will be busy this summer.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Banned

Congrats, Nube!
Old 03-24-2015, 06:50 PM

Congrats Nube ! Can't wait to see how it turns out
Old 03-24-2015, 07:05 PM
Banned

Good for you Nube. From previous threads you were quite concerned about problems you might have.
Think it would be great if you posted pics from the beginning of construction till it's completed.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Good for you Nube. From previous threads you were quite concerned about problems you might have.
Think it would be great if you posted pics from the beginning of construction till it's completed.
My words exactly.
Please do keep us updated through the build. Always love your trapping/picture threads.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugh View Post
Congrats nube. Are you gonna have to tear the old one down or is it considered a line cabin? Looks like you will be busy this summer.
It will be a line cabin. The main cabin will be fine but needs a new roof. There is another older cabin that is next to a main RD that has been broken into and it is full of mold. The roof is leaking in that one as well. Not sure if I want to even bother fixing it up. I told the guy today I planned on knocking it down and burning it up after I get this new one build and some stuff moved into it. I think I will look for another spot to build a second line cabin for the north part of the line after I get this one done and the old one taken care of is my plan. That way I can rotate areas and trap an area ever 3rd year kinda thing or every 2nd year if i have time to cover 2 areas.

I wonder if I can find a location and get approval before the new regs come in and build a couple years from now? I e-mailed about it and have not heard back. Would like to get it all taken care of before the new regs come into effect.

I was worried about how much red tape to go through over this but it went real well. The guy I was dealing with was awesome about it. Glad it worked out. Will take pics for sure once we get things rolling.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:13 PM

Congrats Nube!!! Can't wait to see the new build!!!
Old 03-24-2015, 09:29 PM

Good job Nube. Now just get it built before they change their mind!
Old 03-24-2015, 11:02 PM

I'm glad the process was smooth. You'll have to post a how to thread on building your cabin.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:32 AM

Nube thats great news about the trail cabin. Sounds like you should have a boys cabin building bee.