Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 03-10-2015, 09:43 PM

I agree, I've had terrible luck with setting to the height it says in the manual. I think its too low. I also think its low enough that it puts the top of the snare/lock/swivel slightly above eye level with a full grown coyote. A little bit higher gets it out of the direct line of site.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:48 PM

Well I'm done with Halford's...
I ordered three things yesterday and requested a rush order to have them in Red Deer today. That's 150kms and they had 32 hours to make it happen. After not receiving them by 4pm today I called Halford's and they said it was picked up at 9:38 yesterday morning. So I call Purolator and they have a pick up time of 3:18pm today from Halford's, and that I will get the package Monday.

So customer service is #1 to me then price. I thought I would go ahead and pay the higher price locally and get it fast, wrong decision.

For now on I will go for the savings and wait.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1 View Post
Well I'm done with Halford's...
I ordered three things yesterday and requested a rush order to have them in Red Deer today. That's 150kms and they had 32 hours to make it happen. After not receiving them by 4pm today I called Halford's and they said it was picked up at 9:38 yesterday morning. So I call Purolator and they have a pick up time of 3:18pm today from Halford's, and that I will get the package Monday.

So customer service is #1 to me then price. I thought I would go ahead and pay the higher price locally and get it fast, wrong decision.

For now on I will go for the savings and wait.
I trust halfords more than purolator. Terrible service from purolator here.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marten1576 View Post
I trust halfords more than purolator. Terrible service from purolator here.
I just had some stuff shipped to me from halfords and it was with 4 days here. I personally have had more problems with shipping companies than halfords.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:35 PM

There is also North River Trapping Supplies... bctrapping.com... Its a new online store and the prices are decent...