Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-19-2018, 10:38 PM

Default AOHVA rally in Lethbridge Sunday April 22

AOHVA and other organizations will be holding s rally at Galt Gardens in Lethbridge Sunday April 22. Rally starts a 12 noon. Please come show support for your public land. This will be for OHV, open camping, hunting, fishing, back country use and other activities.
Thanks!
Old 04-21-2018, 07:23 PM

Who is going???
Old 04-22-2018, 10:14 AM

Great idea but it looks like the dippers have already made up their minds and you are looking at a ton of trail closures.

A lot of larger machines than a few yrs back and a lot of them just don't fit the trail all that well so some damage will always occur. I think the big thing from the tree huggers is the mud bogs and creek crossings.

I hope you can change some of their minds but it looks like the fix is in and the trails are gonna be closed.

Good luck
Old 04-22-2018, 11:13 AM

Ohv use is a huge issue for sure. Myself I’m more concerned with open camping, fishing, hunting. I fully support the ohv users and clubs, and unfortunately they seem to be fighting the hardest. This fight is forpublic land use use and all that goes with it.
I’m just starting my family and it burns me my kids may never get to experience the wilderness as I have growing up. It burns that after spending 37 years in the castle, an area that large and vast, that my dog must now be on a 4 foot leash.
It burns the lack of public consultation by this government.
It makes me right angry that all their public consultation is “online”. There are many albertans that still don’t use FB and internet. Many didn’t even know castle was a park until they drove in and seen Shannon’s sign.
No true town hall meeting by the minister. No face to face discussion.
I believe they are hiding the true results of these online surveys, as the results from the castle survey have still not been released. I was told on the phone personally over 5 months ago that they would be out shortly.
This government is hell bent on taking all public land from albertans.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:06 PM
Banned

How was the rally today, I couldn’t make down there.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:03 PM

The presentations were great! Safari club international was present with great info, as well as the new “United Hunters Asscociation”. The UHA are the real deal, true Albertans that support public land use and conservation, being able to work together with the public, landowners, and government. They are not biased like KVT’s and JP’s BAckcountry hunters and anglers association, who cater to Phillips and Y2Y/CPAWS. A detailed timeline of how things went from the start of castle, to the Bighorn, porky/Livingston draft, and upcoming kananaskis. And wow, this Government sure gave Albertans the shaft as far as consultation and stakeholders. They are taking everything. They are just doing as they please and not listening to the the public.
Just wait until the house starts back up again, Phillips was caught in yet Another lie about our public lands, this one will surely upset nearly every outdoorsmen in the province!
The turnout was OK for short notice, but the crowd was made up of families mostly with many kids present. Was good to see! Pretty calm, everyone out just supporting and fighting for open camping, fishing, hunting, hiking and ohv.

Lots going on behind the scenes, the NDP are scared and obviously trying to ram everything through before they lose next election.

For anyone that doubts the collusion between the NDP/Phillips and Y2Y/CPAWS, just look at how they are creating the parks... soon all albertas eastern slopes will be a park from top to bottom of this province.

Phillips has changed wording in the PLUZ drafts making it work for her. She is evil... through and through.

If you want to help support Albertas public lands, highly recommend getting behind the safari club, United hunters Assc, and Aohva