Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2017, 08:19 PM

Default Kodi / Exodus - Has anyone else's hit the fritz?

I can't get mine working anymore on my phone. Anyone else having issues like this?
Old 07-07-2017, 08:35 PM

I use mine on an android box. And just as soon as the power comes back on I'll try it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2017, 08:53 PM

What version are you using? Mine works fine, just finished watching a movie. Using kodi 17.3
Old 07-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Banned

I don't use kodi personally, but there's an update available and troubleshooting here.
http://troypoint.com/how-to-install-exodus-on-kodi/
Old 07-07-2017, 10:24 PM

Exodus is not working well due to the fact that the developer took it and the tv addons site down there is alternatives out there best to google it .Short story is there has been some legal rulings in the UK that have been unfavorable and Direct TV in the states has launched a lawsuit against a few sites.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:38 PM

Thanks, guys!
Old 07-08-2017, 01:14 AM

I did an update for one of my boxes and not the other. The one that got the update doesn't work. Exodus on the none updated one works.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:20 AM

google how to install the "elysium" addon. its just like exodus but is not through the TV addons repository which has been shut down. I actually like elysium better than exodus for a few reasons
Old 07-08-2017, 08:20 AM

As previously mentioned install the Elysium repo. We prefer it over Exodus as well. Many do not work right now as they got scared away by this lawsuit by Dish. Probably will be the same deal as music several years ago and it will all come back in short time.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:31 PM

http://fusion.tvaddons.ag has been taken down.. You need to search google for another repository..
Old 07-08-2017, 08:33 PM

http://fusion.tvaddons.ag has been taken down.. You need to search google for another repository..

http://www.wirelesshack.org/top-best...o-add-ons.html
Old 04-12-2018, 02:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I can't get mine working anymore on my phone. Anyone else having issues like this?
What kind of phone?
Are there any backups of your system that you know of?
If you dont know of any backups, search on google (or similar) for "backup/restore (insert phone name and model#)+kodi"

If you cant find how to restore system or Kodi state then google backup/restore software (freeware if you prefer) for your particular phone and backup with it for next time.

If you post phone make and model and Kodi version I can research some options...

Last edited by drhu22; 04-12-2018 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:42 AM

These have all been gone for many months now. One of the downsides to using Kodi is you have to keep on top of the race to add new repos and delete ones that are done. Most of these people just don't want to deal with the hassles of going through the warnings that they will be sued so just close it up. Then others or them opens up another. Many are working well but as I said you need to keep on top of them and those you mentioned are long done.
For a better experience just use apps like Terrerrium, Showbox, Stremio or Tea TV and you can watch all you want without having to use Kodi and worry about installing new repos etc. constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khankhan View Post
Oh man, the number of addons being taken down are too many!
Kodi is losing the power, exodus down, covenant down, fusion repo down, super repo down.

This has the complete list of addons that dont work and the best kodi addons for 2018
Old 04-12-2018, 07:01 AM

Remember too Kodi is just a media player and has nothing to do with any of these so called iffy repos etc.
To add when it is said these repos are done does not mean they disappear but they are not being supported any longer. They will often keep working long after they are done. The links are what eventually tick you off as nothing seems to work because they have changed and are not updated to the new ones and that is the part of it that does not work.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:47 PM

Blast! i was using show box and that went down too! I heard a vpn will solve some problems... I don't really want the hassle, so I decided to do things instead hahaha
Old 04-12-2018, 05:55 PM

It helps due to country issues but a lot of it is just the links are lost and they have not been updated which we cannot do anything. Make sure your app whichever you use is always up to date so links are good. Not many issues here as I keep on top of things on Kodi or on their own and being tech savvy helps too. For those that are not some of the ones to run on their own are a better choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindoutside View Post
Blast! i was using show box and that went down too! I heard a vpn will solve some problems... I don't really want the hassle, so I decided to do things instead hahaha
Old 04-12-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
It helps due to country issues but a lot of it is just the links are lost and they have not been updated which we cannot do anything. Make sure your app whichever you use is always up to date so links are good. Not many issues here as I keep on top of things on Kodi or on their own and being tech savvy helps too. For those that are not some of the ones to run on their own are a better choice.
I hear you. I used to be tech savy before I had kids. Then I got left behind lol
Old 04-12-2018, 06:22 PM

I am an old fart that has been into computers and software since long before windows. I still do it for a living too. It is not really that difficult but a pain with the Kodi thing. Tea TV and Terrerium and Stremio have all been working well and tun from Android or windows so no Kodi for them.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:41 PM

I will look into those, Thanks!
Old 04-15-2018, 03:54 PM

Used it for quite a while then it started not working...again.
Very confusing for the average guy to use and install stuff on.
I gave up on it and installed Showbox and Terrarium from Google play store for free. Has few ads a the start but almost all movies worked so far.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:48 PM

Make sure you 17.6 on krypton and use the apps covenant and neptune rising.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiwa View Post
Used it for quite a while then it started not working...again.
Very confusing for the average guy to use and install stuff on.
I gave up on it and installed Showbox and Terrarium from Google play store for free. Has few ads a the start but almost all movies worked so far.
Terrarium & Megabox buffering like crazy for me today, but Covenant was flawless.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:23 PM

The boxes are such a joke.

The menus are so brutal, hard to navigate etc. If you decide to watch something be prepared to spend upwards of 20 minutes (or more) getting it to work. I'm pretty sure I've taking years off my life swearing at that stupid box lol.

Sure for a $100 who cares, its easy to get a ones money worth but boy is it frustrating to use. So much more difficult that it needs to be.

Today is Tuesday, the new Pay Per View movies come out. I can go home, turn on my Shaw box, pay $6, and in 20 seconds start watching the movie.

Or if I want to go borderline insane I can try and watch the same movie, for free!! yippee, on my Android box. After 20 minutes if I'm lucky I'll get watch it. It will be somewhat rewarding because...well....its free.

What ****es me off more than anything ....is that tonight I will try the Android box first on the off chance it will work instead of just spending the 6 bucks. Definition of insanity!!.....or stupidity lol
Old 04-17-2018, 05:55 PM

Download the apps I suggest below. They run on their own and are not related to Kodi. Kodi is best only for those that know its ins and outs. If you dont it can be a pain and is a good reason some of these other apps on their own are better. I still run Kodi about half the time but TeaTv, Terrerium and Showbox can cover almost anything without the headaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thing View Post

The menus are so brutal, hard to navigate etc. If you decide to watch something be prepared to spend upwards of 20 minutes (or more) getting it to work. I'm pretty sure I've taking years off my life swearing at that stupid box lol.

Sure for a $100 who cares, its easy to get a ones money worth but boy is it frustrating to use. So much more difficult that it needs to be.

Today is Tuesday, the new Pay Per View movies come out. I can go home, turn on my Shaw box, pay $6, and in 20 seconds start watching the movie.

Or if I want to go borderline insane I can try and watch the same movie, for free!! yippee, on my Android box. After 20 minutes if I'm lucky I'll get watch it. It will be somewhat rewarding because...well....its free.

What ****es me off more than anything ....is that tonight I will try the Android box first on the off chance it will work instead of just spending the 6 bucks. Definition of insanity!!.....or stupidity lol
Old 04-17-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thing View Post

Like anything else in life, if you buy the cheapest crap out there, that's what you get for results, junk. Pick yourself up a Nvidia Shield & never look back, yes it's pricey, but puts all other android junk boxes to shame. You're already getting movies & sports for free, why not spend the money on a quality box.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:10 PM

I agree. I picked up a used laptop on a great deal as our video box. Can watch anything from Kodi all the other apps plus regular internet on my big screen. Just check the video specs before you buy. More versatile and didnt cost me any more $$$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmax05 View Post
Like anything else in life, if you buy the cheapest crap out there, that's what you get for results, junk. Pick yourself up a Nvidia Shield & never look back, yes it's pricey, but puts all other android junk boxes to shame. You're already getting movies & sports for free, why not spend the money on a quality box.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:26 PM

I'm running a raspberry pi3 -$75 on sale with Kodi preinstalled and it's been mostly great. Smaller than a pack of cigs so no extra clutter. It did start overheating watching 1080p movies so I took the lid off and it fixed this.

Biggest difference that greatly enhanced the quality and number of 1080p, 5.1 surround sound streams was adding a Real-Debrid account. $24 for 6 months access - best thing ever for kodi

Been testing Placenta and it's been better for me than Neptune rising (covenant is no longer supported though it still works ok)
Old 12-24-2018, 09:08 AM
Banned

I mainly use Exodus. It is the addon that allows you to watch basically anything for free. If you're looking for Kodi addons, this is the right place. I have a few other addons that I downloaded after reading some recommended/popular addon lists here , but in reality, I never use any others except for Exodus
Old 12-24-2018, 09:37 AM
Banned

For free up to date HD movies, I run Popcorn time. I haven't had a issue in 3 years. Has a massive library as well. Tv shows and Movies.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
For free up to date HD movies, I run Popcorn time. I haven't had a issue in 3 years. Has a massive library as well. Tv shows and Movies.
Is this just an addon through Kodi? I will look into it later tonight.

One other question I have is are you guys running a VPN to use the Android box's?