Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 12:35 PM

Default A Moment of Silence Please

Let us all bow our heads and take a moment to observe the passing of John Horgans credibility. He emerged yesterday further enrobed in the process of saving the coastline after a fireside chat (and possible ticklefight) with JT. He is completely convinced that he is doing the right thing despite ignoring federal laws.

He seems a reasonable man, he was duly elected and takes his role very seriously. Problem is he is in the minority and his fortunes are held by a few local nuts from the Green party who can topple his kingdom quickly. They literally can make him do anything under threat of pulling their backing.

So his words are not really his, they are theirs; the tail is wagging the dog or at least hugging the ocean...the same ocean that the feds are responsible for, not any one province.

We should create an emoji (think that's what it's called) to capture the situation, perhaps a stick man on all fours with a collar around his neck tied to something green.

Again I'm brought back to the words of Kermit the Frog...it ain't easy being Green, or being owned by the Greens.

Zeke
Old 04-16-2018, 12:47 PM

Well said...
Old 04-16-2018, 12:56 PM

When a premier, in his first year in office, blocks a pipeline, increases carbon taxes, and pleads to the federal government for help to keep gasoline prices down, he has certainly lost his credibility.

Gerry Burnie
Old 04-16-2018, 12:58 PM

Condolences.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:01 PM

Whenever I see him arguing with those other two (JT and RN) I think of the Merchant of Venice by Shakespeare. He wanted his pound of flesh but got beat because he couldn't take any blood.

Hard to say which way the courts will go.

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 04-16-2018, 01:54 PM

He wasn't actually elected.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:59 PM

I'll echo elkhunter....he was most certainly NOT elected to that position.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:08 PM

The only card he can play right now. If he conceded, the Greens would drop him like a hot potato. Only thing he can do is hold the "Block the Pipeline" mantra and wait for the feds to force it on him. Pipeline will be built and Greens can't blame him for it. He's only interested in one thing, keeping his job as premier.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:19 PM

He had credibility to you? That ship had already long sailed the first time I ever heard of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeOff View Post
The only card he can play right now. If he conceded, the Greens would drop him like a hot potato. Only thing he can do is hold the "Block the Pipeline" mantra and wait for the feds to force it on him. Pipeline will be built and Greens can't blame him for it. He's only interested in one thing, keeping his job as premier.
This nails it. Horgan only holds the Premiers office due to the NDP coalition with the Greens. If they drop him he's kaput. There are so many false fronts being put up on this political football its difficult to keep track. Horgan may or may not be of the same ideology that he's sticking to but that's where he's positioned himself. Notley I think is in cahoots with Horgan and is only play acting being tough about it due to realizing her administration is sunk if she doesn't at least put on a show to that extent. Trudeau only came to intervene at the last minute due to getting calls from his MP's because of how much comm's they were receiving from their constituents, I bet it was a record amount. With the exception of blockading, none have taken a leadership role in a matter that is clearly of national importance. Its easily the biggest financial issue in all of Canada with the best payback for Canada and they've been kicking it around like a dried turd. Not a one of them is fit for office if they can't run with a touchdown pass like that without having to be whipped to do so.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 04-16-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:24 PM
Banned

I will venture that anytime you are an NDPer you have no credibility.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:01 PM

Was anyone surprised Turdo came out of that meeting saying the same fluff but no real pressure on B.C.? And Nutly is optimistic, Horgan continued on with his no way attitude. Progress? Nope.

So, I ask this question. Horgan caves, greens pull support, election called again. Who wins and is it a majority this time or the same rickety coalition to keep power?
Old 04-16-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Ever wonder why it was a closed door meeting? All three of them are pipeline protesters, all three of them don't want the line built, all three of them are in fear of their future!!! They are scrambling to look good to their voters!!!!
Old 04-16-2018, 04:41 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Was anyone surprised Turdo came out of that meeting saying the same fluff but no real pressure on B.C.? And Nutly is optimistic, Horgan continued on with his no way attitude. Progress? Nope.

So, I ask this question. Horgan caves, greens pull support, election called again. Who wins and is it a majority this time or the same rickety coalition to keep power?
Who wins? ... probably the BC Liberals, but only time will tell.

Note to non-BCers:
Like them or not, the provincial Liberal Party in BC is not the Federal Liberal Party of JT. BC's Liberal Party is comprised of a 'coalition' of BC Liberals & Conservatives. Yes, remnants of the old BC Conservative Party still exist, but it's just a shadow of what it used to be.

The BC Liberal Party is far from perfect, but they're the best hope BC has.

Selkirk
Old 04-16-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Zeke has it wrong. Man does what is right or gets corrupted to hold the power. There is no excuse for him. It is all about money. BC liberals wanted more from AB, he wants more from the federal government. What I could see by that fire place were three losers.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:30 PM

As they say.... You can’t fix stupid!
Old 04-16-2018, 05:49 PM

Default BC Separation ?

Gee whiz is BC going to separate now ?

LOL what a shznit show , Trudeau says he believes in Global Warming and is committed to reducing Canada's carbon output and taxes us to death with another Carbon Tax but wants to increase selling Canadian bitumen to other countries that we compete with thereby increasing carbon emissions globally .

This is far from done , Indians are stalling this pipeline expansion in court for a while yet .

Why not keep the oil for ourselves rather than sell it off as soon as possible to foreign countries that use it to make stuff to sell to us rather than we making our own products ?

We use around 2.4 million barrels a day in Canada which is close to how much is current production. I don't see why we should sell any of it , especially since Canada has a very low taxation rate on it .

By the way British Petroleum says the planet will be out of oil from proven reserves in about 52 years .
Old 04-16-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
When a premier, in his first year in office, blocks a pipeline, increases carbon taxes, and pleads to the federal government for help to keep gasoline prices down, he has certainly lost his credibility.
and don't forget he shut down grizzly bear hunting too
I hope the door slams his a** real hard on the way out with all his leaf licking buddy's
Old 04-16-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
He wasn't actually elected.
As elkhunter mentions ...... he wasn't elected Premier. He holds that position by default.

When then Premier Christy Clark gave a large allocation of resident hunting opportunities to the Guide/Outfitters BC ....... Horgan and Weaver were in attendance at the Resident Hunter Rally at the BC Legislature Buildings'
Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum worked the crowd ..... telling us what we wanted to hear. They were 'glad-handing' everything and everyone in sight .... babies, hunters, tourists, dogs, and starlings.
It was all a lie ..... G-bear hunt gone, other species are in their sights also.
Dream Weaver has threatened to topple this house of cards Provincial Govt. more than a few times on specific issues eg. Site 'C' .....
He was pro G-bear hunt, but did nothing to stop the NDP from banning it.
I contacted him directly twice, and received a response that was a total 180 degree from his earlier stance.
Horgan & Weaver aren't popular anywhere but in the LML where the 'greenie' votes are. They will play to those voters. The rest of the province just doesn't count.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:13 PM

Politics. Closed.
Closed Thread