Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2018, 08:51 AM

Them Americans pay us $39/bbl for our Western Canadian Select oil when real world "Brent Crude" price is $70/bbl today so that is why they pay 60 cents a liter for gas and we pay $1.20 a liter.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
My vacation plans have changed this year also.
We will be exploring most of the country east of the Alberta border this summer also as opposed to our annual bc holiday.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
We will be exploring most of the country east of the Alberta border this summer also as opposed to our annual bc holiday.
We are heading South, no money spent East of Saskatchewan. I won't willingly support protesters or the people that voted in our PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:13 AM

Default Brutal

It’s insane. $1.2 gas and $65 oil. Something doesn’t add yp
Old 03-27-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf84 View Post
It’s insane. $1.2 gas and $65 oil. Something doesn’t add yp
LOL!

Price fixing, greed, corruption, it adds up to the fraction of the penny!

Supply and Demand should NEVER be an issue in Canada, but what happens every long weekend?

It is NOT a shortage of fuel.

How many times have we heard 'XXX refinery is down' or 'we are out of product required for Diesel' so UP go the prices?

My Parents ran UFA here for 28 years, Dad would buy lets say 100,000L of fuel May 1, delivered. May 5 UFA would call and say price increase, up it by .10c today you get the same .5c/l we get the rest. It never mattered what the price was that Dad paid, everything is fixed.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-27-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeHunter View Post
I remember when gas was .45 a gallon! That was before I started driving and be darned if I can remember what is was then.... some things you can recall some things you can't. I do remember sneaking in to the bars starting at 14 and draught was only .10 a glass and moaning about the hike to .25 how were we ever going to be able to afford to get out and get drunk with those prices?! lol The bars still closed down at supper hours then too .... sh!t I'm getting old... dang
Ha ha, we must be the same age, I also remember 10 cent draft and 45 cent a gallon gas, although it was for my summer job cutting grass. I'd have to guess about 1971?
Old 03-27-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
Yep, we usually vacation in Penticton every couple of years. Not this time, Waterton it will be.
I'd hate to disturb BC with my polluting SUV. They've made it abundantly clear that Albertans aren't welcome there anyway.

As for gas prices, I wish they were twice as high as they are!
Old 03-27-2018, 09:54 PM

I dont mind the price. Let canada stew in the high prices, it ll make the current hate anything oil crowd think twice about how nice it would be to have more oil products.... or in the very least get some local refining incentive going.

Canadians have probably been lulled into cheaper gas and taking the commodity for granted has probably lead to things like protesting etc. Its really easy to protest something that seems abundant and you just keep getting supply from some one else.

Getting a whiff of gasoline demand outstripping supply or very high prices will fix up the we dont need oil crowd lol
Old 03-28-2018, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
We are heading South, no money spent East of Saskatchewan. I won't willingly support protesters or the people that voted in our PM.
We love going South too, but don't miss out on the rest of this gorgeous county we are blessed with. Most of the folks outside of GTA and similar urban areas are much like us Albertans. For outdoors lovers, Manitoba, Ontario, and yes, even rural Quebec have so much to offer, it's impossible to take it all in. I have not seen much of the Maritimes, but from what I have seen of it, it's worth taking the time to visit, too.

Sure, B.C. is a beautiful province, and nearby, but I will happily go East this year.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorealBucks View Post
when oil was above $100 a barrel we were paying this price, its at 66$ now
Yea, so what. The C$ was around $1.00 US at time also. Not so today. FYI, exchange matters.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:25 AM

This is what happens when you are reliant on others for goods and services.

100 years ago we produced our own food, made our own heat (wood fire stoves), had our own transportation (Horses) or didn't have as much of a need to drive everywhere.

Because we are reliant on others to produce our food, we need to drive to the cities to get groceries and we need to drive to our jobs to make money to buy food, all the while paying $$$ for over priced, price fixed, taxed fuel.

Taxes, Fuel, Bank Interest, Energy (heat and electricity) is where most of our money is spent today, and prices on these are controlled by something greater and more powerful than us.