Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2023, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
That seems to be the norm these days, union negotiators don't even get enough to keep up with inflations, and then people wonder why they have no disposable income anymore. Remember that 12% is before taxes, so the actual increase is far less.
Remember that's your tax $$ going to pay them !!!!!!
Blame the Union negotiators Ha Ha .
Maybe if they don't have disposable income with those wages and benefits maybe time to look at there life style .
Old 05-01-2023, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjr View Post
Remember that's your tax $$ going to pay them !!!!!!
Blame the Union negotiators Ha Ha .
Maybe if they don't have disposable income with those wages and benefits maybe time to look at there life style .
I'd rather Canadians got paid than Trudeau flying to New York or paying for birth control in african villages, tanks in ukraine, fancy hotels in britian, or medicino getting a pension.

People that knock down other working stiffs, I just don't get it. Someone has to do those jobs even if there are those out there that just look at them with complete disdain. Fact is they could probably cut back on civil servants if they just cut all the govt baloney, like carbon taxing and then giving carbon tax /gst rebates as examples. All they have to do us make it so you don't have to file income tax if your only source of income is reported on T-slips, they could probably eliminate 25% of CRA employees right there.
Old 05-01-2023, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
I'd rather Canadians got paid than Trudeau flying to New York or paying for birth control in african villages, tanks in ukraine, fancy hotels in britian, or medicino getting a pension.

People that knock down other working stiffs, I just don't get it. Someone has to do those jobs even if there are those out there that just look at them with complete disdain. Fact is they could probably cut back on civil servants if they just cut all the govt baloney, like carbon taxing and then giving carbon tax /gst rebates as examples. All they have to do us make it so you don't have to file income tax if your only source of income is reported on T-slips, they could probably eliminate 25% of CRA employees right there.
Yes but as is Canadians getting paid , how about just letting "all" Canadians just being able to keep more of there hard earned tax $$$$ by looking at ways of lowering taxes .
The old saying goes you could fire 1/3 of all government employees and you would never know that there gone !
Justin Trudeau along with the complete support of Jagmeet Singh are just buying votes useing yours and mine tax $$$$$ Sure hope all those NDP Union supporters are happy about that .
Old 05-01-2023, 08:28 PM

The strike was just a smoke-screen. Trumao was going to cave from the very beginning and just needed it to look like he didn’t have options. Et-voila, a minimal duration strike that had no impact at all.
Old 05-01-2023, 09:37 PM

How on earth did they not make it a deal till 2027. This is really a one year deal with back pay for the past three years
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-02-2023, 09:27 AM

Default Who won?

You can chose; the libs, the PCs, the NDs, or no one. Believe me that this counts. The libs only need to swing a 1/2 doz. seats and they are there for 4-5 more years!

Remember that all a sitting politician cares about is getting re-elected! That is the key to understanding how democracy works. It is not good or bad, just how it works.