Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-09-2003, 11:37 AM
angler1

Default fac application ?

Hey guys. I have a couple questions regarding fac applications. First, on page 1 they ask for a residence address (line 8a) I give them my legal land description as I live in the country. On (line 9a) I give them my mailing address as it is different (in town). My question is on (line 8 ) they request the exact same information that is provided on (line 9) do I fill it in or write not apllicable?
Secondly, (part b,line 14) they ask for classes of firearms that you currently own. If they have never been registered would the answer be none (d)?
These may seem like simple questions, but I want to leave no room for error as I was told that the smallest error can screw the whole process. Thank you in advance. Tight lines.:\
Old 11-09-2003, 11:59 PM
FAC/PAL

Default FAC/PAL

For your address question, you gave your land description as residence which is correct. Second you gave your mailing address in town since it's different, so good. I'm not sure how you could have the same postal code but if it happens to be put it all down even if it's the same. The more information the better.

Second question about firearms. Is this your first ever application for a PAL? If you own firearms you're a bit late but I would answer the questions as honestly as possible. If you own them, check off the appropriate boxes and when you get your PAL in them mail register them. Trust me, you won't get in hot water if your at least trying to comply with the law.

If you have an FAC (and are renewing with this application) but never registered your firearms, again, answer honestly and check the appropriate boxes, then send in your firearm registration. If your FAC is still valid I would even send in the firearm registration first to get that over with.

And after saying all that, it really doesn't matter what you do since the whole system is a piece of garbage and a waste of my hard earned money. If you're at least trying to follow the law (although late) you won't have any problems.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:06 AM
FAC/PAL

Default FAC/PAL

And just a further note, this a paragraph is from a news release back in July....

Firearms Registration Grace Period Successful - Solicitor General Ottawa
July 4, 2003......People who have not obtained a licence or registered their firearms can still submit their applications without penalty. Owners should act quickly however, since they are liable to have firearms seized or charges laid if found by police to be in violation of the law.......
Old 11-10-2003, 08:06 PM
angler1

Default Re: FAC/PAL

Thank you for your input < pad >. It was most appreciated.