Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-07-2003, 08:28 AM
Don Meredith

Default On-line Registration is Back!

For those who may be interested, on-line registration of firearms has returned to the Canadian Firearms Centre web site. So, if you still have firearms to register, and you have a valid PAL or FAC, this is probably the quickest way to get it done.

It's interesting there is no mention of the "letter of intent" (that had to be sent to the centre by last Dec. 31) on the registration page . . ? I enjoy how this web site fails to explain everything fully, suggesting they don't know themselves -- which is probably true.

Don
Old 02-07-2003, 11:13 AM
out of lin

Default out of line but back online

Thanks Don. Now I just gotta figure out if I am "interested" or not. I did register a few guns awhile back just to see how it was done. I didn't have my new PAL at the time so I punched in my old expired FAC and it was accepted and I registered a couple. Now I don't know if I should reregister the misregistered ones along with the unregistered ones or go blind.

Are you still involved with Hunting For Tomorrow and are they going to be at the AF&GA conference Feb. 20 to 22?

Robin
Old 02-07-2003, 04:35 PM
Don Meredith

Default Re: Hunting for Tomorrow

Robin,

Yes, I'm still involved. I serve on the Communications Working Group.

As far as I know, HFTF will be at the AFGA meeting.

Don
Old 02-19-2003, 12:18 PM
no link

Default no link

Don I tried the gov link on this page and it does not work.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:51 PM
Don Meredith

Default Re: no link

You're right! It didn't work for me, either. But I did get the error notice that the site may be temporarily out of service. So, try again later and see what happens. Sometimes there's server trouble that eventually gets fixed.

Don
Old 02-19-2003, 06:32 PM
Don Meredith

Default Re: no link

Try this one: www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/en/default.asp. For some reason, the introductory (English vs French) page is not working.

Don
Old 02-24-2003, 05:04 PM
register

Default register

I have finally had to ask this question.I tryed to register on line toward the deadline date only to recieve a prompt that the information I am providing is not the same as per my pal application which I had received my card for.IE place of birth or date not the same. I confirmed all info. was the same as my first application.As the deadline neared the end of 2002 I submitted the registration info and my check for the18 bucks. I sent it out registered mail to an adresse in ottawa. Now I am in dought that maybe I used a supplied envelope that may have been the wrong addresse.Please help.