Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-16-2008, 04:05 PM

Default cooey

i have a cooey model 75 single shot 22 does anybody know if you can mount a scope on this rifle thanx
Old 03-16-2008, 06:41 PM

Default Cooey

My Cooey model 600 is the tube-repeater version of your model 75. Mine has a side mount on it for an old Weaver 3/4-inch .22 scope, and is quite accurate. The side-mount plate mates with four screw holes tapped into the curved left side of the receiver. My dad bought this rifle new about 1967 or so from Bohlmann's Hardware in Leduc, and I don't know if the scope mount was factory or aftermarket.

I would check with George at P&D in Edmonton, who is the fount of all knowledge in my humble and respectful opinion. He will probably have some solutions for you. I can't make it there next weekend, but there are bound to be many Cooey rifles at the Calgary Gun Show, all examples of a great Canadian classic.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:43 PM

Thumbs up

thanx bud this is usefull info for me i will contact this fella at p@d i was thinking of going to the gun show in calgary thanx a bunch...
Old 03-19-2008, 04:15 PM

Use the 1" weaver short side mount with the approriate base.The one for the Model 60-600 co-oey is correct.Put a full sized one inch scope on it not the low grade 3/4" toys.I have a 600 and a 75 set up in the weaver and they are very deadly.................JMO................Harold