Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-23-2019, 05:39 PM
Banned

Default Ever have one of those days?

Back in July when Edmonton had that wicked rain storm and everyone’s basement flooded I was laughing because our basement was bone dry. Well we weren’t so lucky. My house has a ridge vent and when it was raining sideways it filled my ceiling and possibly my walls with water. Slowly it started to smell musty in our house more and more so I’m pretty sure the walls and ceiling have to come down and be replaced.

So this morning I’m on the phone first with my satellite provider because they over charged me on my bill, then I call up my insurance company to arrange a time for someone to come look at the house. I go out to my truck to head off to work and notice my door isn’t closed all the way..... look inside and sure enough thieves broke in and cleaned it out , I turn around to walk back in the house and notice my wife’s Tahoe’s door isn’t closed all the way, sure enough they broke into it as well . They never touched my son’s truck because he has a remote car starter with a flashing light I’m sure they thought was an alarm.

I’m going to the cabin tomorrow for some gunpowder therapy.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:23 PM

Yup and more than once but won't to go into details. In the end, I just keep saying, they are lucky it's a good thing I don't own guns. They are lucky I hunt fish!!! Sorry to hear. I totally understand. Take it out on some really big clay pigeons. BOOM BOOM BOOM and six more
Old 08-23-2019, 07:49 PM

Yup sorry to hear! Enough rain already!!!!!! Can't leave anything outside without scum-bags going through it! Unreal!