Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-23-2019, 08:31 PM

Default Where you buying arrows?

Just wondering where everyone is buying arrows these days? I used to get them from Cabelas when there was a decent sale on, but haven't seen anything good lately. Wife is just starting to shoot and needs some arrows for a 24" 42lb draw, and I don't have much suitable kicking around.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:25 PM

Jimbows archery carries entry level arrows right up to target arrows.

LC
Old 07-27-2019, 06:40 AM

Online, South Shore Archery Supply. Custom built, great service.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:29 AM

Default lancaster

Ive been buying shaft and components from Lancasters down in the states. I can just about buy a full dozen FMJ shafts with the brass inserts and fletch them myself for the cost of six up here in Canada. I don't live in Calgary or Edmonton with a Jim Bows so its a pain in the ass either way.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:41 AM

I’ve bought from B.O.H. archery. Good service, custom arrow builds and quick shipping. Out of salmo B.C. boharchery.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2019, 12:24 PM

Cabela's carbon arrows always go on sale at least once a year. That's when I stock up.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:56 PM

Default best guy to deal with

Go to swamp donkey, guy who runs it name is martin, does it out of his garage, can get you whatever you need and its always cheaper than any store I have ever seen. bows, targets, stands, anything hunting related he will either have or can order in for you. If you would like his number pm me or I google him, he is located just north of spruce grove/stony plain area.

Good luck out there
Old 08-08-2019, 02:12 PM

amazon.ca..... if you have the ability to cut and fletch yourself.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:19 PM

I just tried an order from BlackOvis.com

Sent them to my buddy down in Montana. Haven't had a chance to go pick them up, but hopefully within the next 2 weeks. I've heard good reviews and figured I would try it for myself.

They have a custom arrow builder to make your order online. Only downside is the selection may be a bit limited. I wanted the Easton FMJ Match Grade arrows, but they didn't have them in a 300 spine. So I went with the regular 5mm FMJs. Should be plenty straight enough especially considering my shooting skill ha ha

Hopefully they turned out well. I'll report back once I pick them up and try them.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petster774 View Post
Cabela's carbon arrows always go on sale at least once a year. That's when I stock up.
X2.

I picked up 6 Cabelas Stalker Xtreme arrows to try earlier this year, made by Easton, as an alternative to Gold Tip Hunter arrows I’ve shot in the past. I’m very happy with the Cabelas/Easton arrows to be honest. They shoot lights out and don’t break the bank. I’ve always been a budget friendly kinda guy and I always look for the best value for the price. I’d pick these up when they go on sale. I’ll be hunting with them this year.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:04 AM

Does Cabelas cut them for you or do you cut them to size yourself?
Old 08-09-2019, 09:13 AM

They will cut them and glue inserts for you. I also use these arrows, inexpensive , strong, fly great. all that i ask for.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspi View Post
I’ve bought from B.O.H. archery. Good service, custom arrow builds and quick shipping. Out of salmo B.C. boharchery.com

Does he spine align ?
Old 08-12-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasc43 View Post
Does he spine align ?

I’m sure he would, I asked for unfletched so I could do some different configurations to test. He’s very quick to respond in emails and get things out. Boharchery@gmail.com

Old 08-12-2019, 12:35 PM

The Cabela's Instinct Accomplice arrows are currently on sale for $60 now, from $100 regular price. Picked up six last night!
Old 08-12-2019, 12:53 PM

Jimbows.. Support local. Screw the big company's like Cabela's or bass pro.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2019, 06:27 PM

Default Jim Bows

Support local and the service they provide. I have seen far to many people go to places like Cabelas, Bass Pro, Wholesale (when they were in business), for things like arrows because they were $10 cheaper. These same people often end up in pro shops complaining their arrows aren't shooting well, only to find they are the wrong spine, wrong tip size or just plain wrong arrows. Then these people expected the pro shop to "fix the problem". At the end of the day when you buy from a pro shop you also get the service and you help keep the ranges open for your use.

Morb
Old 08-13-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius131 View Post
Support local and the service they provide. I have seen far to many people go to places like Cabelas, Bass Pro, Wholesale (when they were in business), for things like arrows because they were $10 cheaper. These same people often end up in pro shops complaining their arrows aren't shooting well, only to find they are the wrong spine, wrong tip size or just plain wrong arrows. Then these people expected the pro shop to "fix the problem". At the end of the day when you buy from a pro shop you also get the service and you help keep the ranges open for your use.

Morb
Amen to that!

LC
Old 08-28-2019, 10:51 AM

Default Online Deer Crossing Archery

Our local archery store went out of business a few years back and after some not so great deals and quality issues for cheaper arrows I did some research and found DCA online. They are tough and very reasonably priced. Available in various diameters and straightness for target or hunting scenarios (priced according to grade and quality) US exchange and shipping still puts them at my door at a very reasonable cost. They'll build them for you or you can buy plain shafts and do your own thing...

I have been very happy with my purchases on the 350's and 400's in +/- 0.001 for my hunting rigs.

Purchased a dozen of their 400 series 25's to shoot target this year! bow set to 63# at 29" and was getting 312fps with a 340 grain arrow.

Feel free to check them out at www.deercrossingarchery.com

Last edited by jungleboy; 01-01-2024 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:12 PM

I don’t buy arrows...I buy components and put them together into the arrows that suit my circumstances. Once you buy a little bit of equipment it’s easy to build your own.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:04 PM

Default Vote

Another vote for the boys at jimbows,my wife went to cabelas edmonton and asked them to adjust the length on my 13 year olds bow,when I asked him to draw the cable it was so long it went behind his head,stick to the pro’s they are the best and it shows,have fun this year and be safe

Last edited by birdseye; 09-06-2019 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Forgot