Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-13-2015, 06:27 PM

Default mcgregor whitefish reports?

Just wondering how the white are doing at McGregor? Been 2 years of no commercial harvest.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:03 PM

Default Not much

Not hearing much this year other than a few guys have been in the store saying the nightime ch****e night time poachers doing there thing near the dam. I would imagine the whites are pretty much done by now too.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:54 PM

Spent about 3 hours targeting them today didn't see a single one tried a bunch of different depths on the plus side got a 30 inch burb on the whitefish setup

"Theirs a fine Line between fishing and standing on the shore like a dummy" - steven
Old 12-14-2015, 10:53 PM

I saw quite a few of them two weeks ago but they were cruising about 5-7 feet down in 9 fow. I was lucky catching a few with my flasher, one was way up at 4 feet deep. With the flasher it's pretty tough as there would be a bunch of them go by in 5 minutes and then nothing for 15-45 minutes. Normally it gets better at dusk/night when they come into 3-5 fow but almost everyone got skunked that night and I didn't see many on the flasher. It was so murky that I had whites almost bumping into the camera but they never seem to care about cameras during the spawn anyways.

If you're jigging constantly, its a waste of effort when there's not a fish around and the clarity is only about 4 feet so nothing further than the flasher sonar would see it anyways. Flashers are awesome

Where were you fishing Pike?
Old 12-14-2015, 11:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikecrazed View Post
Spent about 3 hours targeting them today didn't see a single one tried a bunch of different depths on the plus side got a 30 inch burb on the whitefish setup
We're you on the north side sitting in your truck?