Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-13-2009, 11:19 AM

Post Edmonton area hunting

Hello,
Im an 18 yr old and have been hunting since before I could walk, im in alberta for university and dont have residency here so i cant hunt on my own but i would really like to tag alone with someone on the weekends near edmonton whether its for big game or small. I have lots of hunting gear.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:48 PM

Default 352 / 353 this weekend

I'm heading up to 352 / 353 this weekend. Leaving Edmonton 'bout 3ish on Thursday, coming back later on Saturday. Looking for deer mostly, maybe elk too. Also, maybe take some time to look for grouse with my .22.

Anyone looking to team up on this trip?

I've been hunting about 4 years (with variable success). I'm late 40's so I'm a bit slower than I used to be (not that I was that fast to start with) and I don't walk for miles (but do like to get out and still hunt). I'm pretty easy to get along with and would welcome some company on this trip. I'm taking my truck and can share vehicle, if someone wants to take own vehicle that's good too.

PM me if you're interested.

B
Old 09-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Hoochie Papa

Due to my hunting schedule changing way too many times this year, a couple partners I had can't make it now. I will probably have some open spots for bowhunters or tag-alongs.

I really like having newbies join me to learn. I am no expert hunter, but I always have a great time. For the new guys that are not looking for any record deer, I can set you up for a pretty easy doe or small-average Muley buck.

I live in Calgary, and will be headed to 305 for Elk. If a nice Mule deer crosses my path, he might get an arrow too.

My latest plan is to go out October 11-16.

Let me know if you are interested.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:19 PM

Default New hunter!

Hi there! I'm a new hunter - never been before. Looking to shoot mostly upland birds this year, but interested in other game too. I am not too sure where to go and it would be great to have someone to show me some places. Also would be nice to have someone that can show me how to gut various animals.. I took the hunter conservation course and it shows you how, but real life is much different than a book I think. I have a truck if that helps. And a quad if that helps. And I am young and in good shape, so I am not afraid of hauling animals out of the bush. I can't think of anything else to post so... looking forward to hearing from someone, and can't wait to go for my first hunt!!!!!
Oh yeah I'm from Calgary and looking to hunt anywhere around here- not afraid to drive (3-4 hours at most)

Last edited by messomup; 09-15-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:59 AM

Default duch hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9pointkiller View Post
im a 19 year old ontarioian .... been hunting since i was knee high to a duck ... i love my watefowl and bow hunting ... looking for a hunting buddy
hey there i'm from ontario as well, and looking to do some duckhunting. i have a dog, but no decoys. i'm in calgary. where are you located?
Old 09-18-2009, 11:57 PM

im looking for a hunting partner that is knowlogible about everything there is to know about hunting
Old 09-19-2009, 11:30 AM

Default Eager for sure

I'd like to hook up with some sportsman for some big game hunting for sure. Been out last year and a couple times this year. 2 wt does so far. I have all the tags a guy could possibly need and a special draw for a Mulie Doe in 320. Don't really have a lot of experience or know a lot of places to go. I have a PSE Stinger that I can shoot fairly well and a Weatherby Vanguard 30.06 that's dying to launch a round at a beast. I live in Calgary's NE. The things I lack are a truck and a place to hang a beast. I can bring the meat home in bulk and deal with it from that point but the wife will freak if I hang and skin a beast in the basement, HAHA, city girl. Been on the horn to my father who's back in Ontarible and he's wanting to bounce out here for an extended weekend hunt with me and SOON. He can sit with me and use my rifle or if somebody had an extra one they could bring along he can really shoot well. He's hunted all his life back there but I'm sure he does'nt have his weapons registered so travelling with them may pose a problem. I'd also like to take advantage of the extra WT hunt in 212 if anybody knows of some places to go. Let's get out there and fill our freezers boys and girls.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:46 PM

Default I am looking for bow hunter

I am in Calgary and looks for bow hunting partner. I normally go hunting on weekends. I have a whitetail tag and a waterfowl tag. Anybody interested please PM me.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:47 PM

Default Have Jetboat, live near Smoky River

Anyone interested? Looking for someone to cruise and possibly camp on the Smoky River. River boat experience would be nice, but not necessary. PM me please if interested.

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-22-2009, 09:17 PM

Default Bird Hunting

Hello there. I have just moved to Edmonton from BC and would like to continue hunting. I have a year and a half old German Short Haired Pointer who is eagerly anticipating a great season. I have already taken her out to Wessex Game Birds a few times this summer to practise training on Chuckars. The results were fantastic for a dog thats only training has been with grouse around central BC. I would love to meet with someone aquainted with or just willing to go hunt some birds. Driving distance is not a huge issue, providing it is on a weekend. PS I would love to eventually hunt pheasants with my dog if the right opportunity presents itself.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:01 PM

Default Wanted hunting partner(s)

Am in need of a long term hunting partner(s). I'm from Fort Saskatchewan but I like to go to the Grande Prairie area, set up a camp and stay for 2-4 weeks. I'm looking for hunters who can spend all or part of the that time with me. I'm in my late 50's and have been hunting since the age of the dinasours. Age is no barrier but someone who shares in the passion of hunting is important. I chase elk and moose when I can get the appropriate tags and usually hunt wmu 354. I have all the gear for the camp. You supply your own quad and your own hunting gear and share the cost of food and gas, a good sense of ha ha, be a non-smoker and a light drinker. Anything shot is equally split. My wife and 14yo son usually spend a week to 10 days with me so you have to be accepting of their hunting with us. I'm a pretty good shot, however my wife is better. I have a cow elk draw for this year and am looking to leave ASAP. Send me a post.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:27 PM

Default Hi

Its my third year hunting in Calgary alone, I just know two area one for deer and one for waterfowl, It would be great if any one can help, I would like to have new friend to learn from him new area and better hunting technice, I just have shot gun and I did hunt deer with it last year but I am not sure if its legal to do so or not?? If any one out there can call me and direct me or we can go hunt together that would be great, A.J (403) 714-6472
Old 09-29-2009, 07:17 PM

Where you using a rifled slug?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:36 AM

Hi, my name is Yves, 30 years old, I have 2 young kids at home so I usually do 1 day trips here and there.

I have been living in Stony Plain for almost 4 years now, I started geese hunting last year but always go by myself. It would be nice to join others on a hunt once in a while. I have a dozen decoys & camo suite but no blind.

Also I started bow hunting this year I have not been out a lot, but would love to go for moose in a close enough area, 1-2hrs drive from here. I am fairly well equipped for big game hunting.

I have been hunting for with whitetail since I moved here so do not know many spots for moose.

If anyone wants to go go out for a bow moose let me know.

Later
Old 10-02-2009, 10:41 AM

Default Any bear hunters

Hi, I'm looking for someone with some bear experience around calgary. Have all the nessecities just have had awful luck spotting them. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:34 PM

Default I want to hunt moose

I am looking for someone who would like to go moose hunting in one of the open rifle WMU's. I am a prairie boy and don't think I could manage very well in the bush alone, nor do I really know how to hunt moose. I have hunted for many years and have shot mule and whitetail deer, elk, and antelope. I would really like to shoot a moose as I love the meat. If someone would take me moose hunting in the bush I would be more than willing to take them on a foothills elk or deer hunt or hit the open country for deer or antelope (horesback is an option). I have outfitters tents and lots of gear (no quad though).

PM me if your interested
Old 10-04-2009, 10:32 PM

Default New to AB

I'm new to AB this year and have hunted for many years in BC for Moose and deer, some upland birds. Not a hunting nut but like to get out and enjoy. Live in Calgary and willing to travel.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:34 AM

hey roughneck just wondering if you got your bull yet. i also like in GP and was out on thursday evening and saw a big bull. close to 50 wide and nice long points. just wondering if your interested.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:15 AM

Default cooler

That shoud get someones attention(cooler)
I did not get drawn for anything except my Antelope ,so I parked my 2 wheel truck and my atv for the year. But I still have an itch to go out.Been hunting for the last 30 years.So if anyone needs a partner for a weekend driving out of Edmonton I've got a walk in cooler and a table to butcher on.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:29 PM

there should be some kind of site that lets everyone connect with other folks lookin to shoot the same thing, and in the same area ... anyone know of a site like this?
Old 10-10-2009, 11:53 AM

hey im a 20 year old bow hunter/waterfowl ... i have lots of tags and looking for someone to take me out bow hunting around calgary ... i have only one spot but dont have wheels to go anywhere ... been bow hunting for 6 years mostly ontario and only very little out here but i have the itch!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:10 PM

Default i,m looking for hunting parnter

i,m 43 living in calgary north end i haven,t went hunting since 1990 so i,m new at this again but really like to go got all the equiment that i need and can shoot straight.would like to go out for moose or elk if possible if someone wants to take a new guy all even supply the quads and toy hauler got 2 660 grizzlys all geared up both have rifle carriers on them as well.in return if we get anything you can show me how to field dress the animal or i guess everything after the shoot lol.i,m not stupid but just don,t want to spoil the critter.i do alot of ice fishing and enter most derbys that i can so maybe i can show you ice fishing in return or just have a buddy to go with tks.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:43 PM

Phoward, you can hunt general elk but if you want to go moose hunting I would suggest putting in for some draws come June.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:23 PM

Thumbs up Tuc

Great job Tuc for taking it upon yourself to run/manage this thread the way you have been.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:41 PM

I know this is really short notice wondering if anyone would like to get out for Saturday , and part of Sunday . Apparently looking for a new hunting partner .
Old 10-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCO View Post
Great job Tuc for taking it upon yourself to run/manage this thread the way you have been.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:53 PM

I would love to get out hunting soon, but I have to work this weekend. Any other weekend would be great for me. I live in Edmonton
Old 10-19-2009, 08:40 PM

I recently moved to Grande Cache from northern Ontario. Don't have my hunting stuff with me as of yet, but I'd love to get out on a weekend with somebody if they'd have me.

I like going for bird and rabbit, but I'm not averse to larger game. I really just like spending time in the bush, and snagging a bird or rabbit is just bonus, for me.

I'm a surveyor at a mine, so being outside and getting wet / dirty doesn't bother me, and I don't mind doing some heavy lifting, if needed.

PM me if interested.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:40 PM

Default Looking for moose bull and elk bull tag holder in 353

I got drawn for moose cow and elk cow both in 353. So if any one looking for a partner with moose bull tag or elk bull tag, then we can go together......You take the papa while I will take the mama....PM me if interested......
Old 10-20-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by messomup View Post
Hi there! I'm a new hunter - never been before. Looking to shoot mostly upland birds this year, but interested in other game too. I am not too sure where to go and it would be great to have someone to show me some places. Also would be nice to have someone that can show me how to gut various animals.. I took the hunter conservation course and it shows you how, but real life is much different than a book I think. I have a truck if that helps. And a quad if that helps. And I am young and in good shape, so I am not afraid of hauling animals out of the bush. I can't think of anything else to post so... looking forward to hearing from someone, and can't wait to go for my first hunt!!!!!
Oh yeah I'm from Calgary and looking to hunt anywhere around here- not afraid to drive (3-4 hours at most)
you are definatly in the right place! I took up the sport 3 years ago, and even though I took the course to ( no one in myfamily hunts ) I learned an awfull lot from the guys on this site. In fact just got back ffrom around Lodgepole with 2 does in my truck!