Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-01-2019, 11:03 AM

Wow! Very cool that there was an air blast. Reminds me of the Chelyabinsk meteor from February 2013 where 1000+ people were injured, mostly cuts from exploding glass windows, but also flash blindness and Ultraviolet burns.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:40 PM

Watched it last night go over top of my house by Millet. It burned up and fell to pieces, it looked so close like it landed in the field next to us, lit up the whole yard.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:04 PM

Got to see it burn up. We watched it pass through the northern lights right before splitting in two and burned up. The whole area went bright green like someone just fired off a flare. About 2 minutes later we heard the sonic booms. The northern lights were really dancing after the meteorite when through. Didnt have time to get any pictures and the window of the truck was already fogged up so the dashcam didnt get much either.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 09-02-2019, 01:19 PM

I don't believe it was a meteorite.
Another flying saucer crashed and They are covering it up by claiming a meteorite to keep people away, while They search for the pieces and advanced technology that can be weaponized.

I just bought a new roll of tinfoil yesterday.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:27 PM

Wink clown masks should be universally banned

Don't distract the driver.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alien driving.jpg (24.1 KB, 66 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 09-02-2019, 04:21 PM

We were sitting by the campfire north of Mundare Saturday night and I was talking to my buddy when I thought a vehicle was pulling into camp with those super bright fog lights. I looked up and saw the fireball, it was like nothing I'd ever seen in the sky before, and I've seen numerous meteor showers and even a few comets over the years.

It lit up the night like daylight. It seemed to be directly overhead of us, I had to look straight up instead of off on the horizon. It seemed to be going from north to south but I didn't get the impression it landed near us, I believe it's trajectory would have taken it a ways away, but I'm no expert.

Very, very cool and it neither one of us old dudes who'd each spent a lot of night under the stars had ever seen anything as impressive as that.
We also hear the boom about a minute to two minutes after the light.

I looked on my phone to see if the world was ending, but thankfully not, and we still went duck hunting in the fog the next morning. We both definitely felt blessed to see something like that.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:03 PM

https://globalnews.ca/news/5918612/a...&utm_referrer=
Looks like they narrowed it down to pretty small search area.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
I don't believe it was a meteorite.
Another flying saucer crashed and They are covering it up by claiming a meteorite to keep people away, while They search for the pieces and advanced technology that can be weaponized.

I just bought a new roll of tinfoil yesterday.
Better than thetans crashing dc9’s.

That is downright nasty.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-19-2019, 09:51 AM

Guy on CFCW was saying that if the meteorite is a certain type of material, it can be worth $30/gram, and one piece the size of a fist could be 300+ grams. Whoever finds it could make a lot of $$!