Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 07:40 PM
Banned

I wonder how many people leave bear meat in the bush, or coyotes, or magpies, or gophers? It has been proven that there is a huge over population of snow geese, so cull them. Seemed ok when the government culled thousands of deer on the east side of the province.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
I wonder how many people leave bear meat in the bush, or coyotes, or magpies, or gophers? It has been proven that there is a huge over population of snow geese, so cull them. Seemed ok when the government culled thousands of deer on the east side of the province.
Ya but leaving bear meat won’t get you into court like it has some folks,
Old 09-19-2019, 10:19 PM

Residents kill more birds then outfitters.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:41 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
Residents kill more birds then outfitters.
Hmmmmm I would like to see the stats on that one....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-20-2019, 06:44 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
What good it serves to discuss this on an open forum. those who waste are hopefully prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. discussing the minority gives ammunition to those who would like to paint us all with the same brush. Where did you hear about wanton waste of birds in a dump? AO of course.
Stupid is as stupid does.
It shows the anti's that we do care, we do have slobs but we do care.....so discuss away.....if someone deems this fuel for the idiots and close this post then the anti's will dig up another batch of fuel....we discuss openly because it's is a concern and we care as hunters.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-20-2019, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
What good it serves to discuss this on an open forum. those who waste are hopefully prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. discussing the minority gives ammunition to those who would like to paint us all with the same brush. Where did you hear about wanton waste of birds in a dump? AO of course.
Stupid is as stupid does.
Geeze did I touch a nerve with you!? Lots of guides waste birds, lots of people do, it’s the thrill of the kill and not the hunt to actually eat the birds, speaking of one guy, 250 snow geese a day, you can’t make me believe he does anything with them birds other then throw them out, you never once see the clients chowing down on goose breasts or a goose leg supper, I’m not sure why the fish and wildlife don’t check into them more
Old 09-20-2019, 08:49 AM

Sounds like an open and shut case.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter guy View Post
Geeze did I touch a nerve with you!? Lots of guides waste birds, lots of people do, it’s the thrill of the kill and not the hunt to actually eat the birds, speaking of one guy, 250 snow geese a day, you can’t make me believe he does anything with them birds other then throw them out, you never once see the clients chowing down on goose breasts or a goose leg supper, I’m not sure why the fish and wildlife don’t check into them more
So show me the FACTS..????? lots of innuendo but shy on FACTS...How do you know he doesn't make jerky, sausage..etc... So in a court of law they would say PROVE it.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
So show me the FACTS..????? lots of innuendo but shy on FACTS...How do you know he doesn't make jerky, sausage..etc... So in a court of law they would say PROVE it.
Relax. It's all opinion.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Show me the facts that they get turned into sausage and jerky than mouth, just cause you say that happens doesn’t convince me any, as if a guide is gonna take the time with all of his clients do turn 250 geese from a one morning shoot to make jerky and sausage, give you’re head a shake
Old 09-20-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Show me the facts that they get turned into sausage and jerky than mouth, just cause you say that happens doesn’t convince me any, as if a guide is gonna take the time with all of his clients do turn 250 geese from a one morning shoot to make jerky and sausage, give you’re head a shake
In all seriousness, if you know this is happening and you're not reporting it, you are in the same category as anyone breaking the rules.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:38 AM

Default no nerve touched at all and I guide for pheasants

not waterfowl and cant think of a single person who has ever wasted a pheasant or chukar shot here.
Again I question the prudence of asking the question if you apparently have first hand knowledge of this happening frequently. Report it and be done with it instead airing the laundry in public. You either report it because you want it to stop or you post it because you want to appear to be morally superior.
Take action instead of talking about it. Inaction allows it to happen.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
In all seriousness, if you know this is happening and you're not reporting it, you are in the same category as anyone breaking the rules.
Never once did I say it was happiness but it would be a good guess, and don’t put me in the same boat I eat my birds, all of the goose hunting shows on tv I’ve never seen them sit down to a goose supper
Old 09-20-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Never once did I say it was happiness but it would be a good guess, and don’t put me in the same boat I eat my birds, all of the goose hunting shows on tv I’ve never seen them sit down to a goose supper
So you assume something? Put some people in that boat but get defensive when some assumes something about you? Ok then lol
Old 09-20-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I've never seen you eat a goose.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:10 PM

Not sure why this discussion is still going--if you go out with an outfitter--you take home what you shoot--Ive gone out twice with outfitters--they made it pretty clear--downed birds are the shooters responsibility as it should be.

Why would downed birds be the outfitters responsibility??? Not sure about out of country hunters, but everything Ive shot, has been cleaned, and packaged for transport home. Why would it be any other way?
Old 09-20-2019, 03:13 PM

I just realized the guy who started the thread is the one who keeps it going.
I believe you would call that "trolling".
Old 09-20-2019, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I just realized the guy who started the thread is the one who keeps it going.
I believe you would call that "trolling".
If you don’t want the thread to “keep going” maybe quit posting in it...
Old 09-20-2019, 08:09 PM

Waterfowl I dont believe can be made into sausage and transport back with American hunters, They need wings on all waterfowl being transported back to the USA to provide what type of species they are taking back.
That was they way it was when I was guiding;

We cleaned every bird we shot and was done by a local colony. Back then was $3 a duck and $5 for a goose. They kept all of birds that my clients didn't want but were cleaned and paid for even if they kept them

Pin
Old 09-20-2019, 09:31 PM

Maybe some of the questions will be answered on October 11th
Closed Thread