Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-20-2019, 08:17 AM
Banned

Default Don't have to wait for the government to take our guns

The manufacturers are going to do it for them https://ca.news.yahoo.com/colt-stop-...opstories.html
Old 09-20-2019, 09:44 AM

Why are you propagating fake news?
The news media is fishing for great suckers and you took the bait.
If you took the time to read the actual release from Colt and not from the news you would have read that Colt is stopping civilian production because they have some huge government contracts that will fill all production timelines.
As well they noted the have a massive stock of civilian AR15s that should cover there demand for the foreseeable future.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:48 AM

The market is saturated with ar15's.
I imagine they will take them off the market for long enough that people will miss having the option of buying a new colt.
Then they'll bring them back as a "limited release" and charge extra for them.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
Why are you propagating fake news?
The news media is fishing for great suckers and you took the bait.
If you took the time to read the actual release from Colt and not from the news you would have read that Colt is stopping civilian production because they have some huge government contracts that will fill all production timelines.
As well they noted the have a massive stock of civilian AR15s that should cover there demand for the foreseeable future.
I hope you're right, but if anymore retailers follow Walmart's lead (definitely in the realm of possibility) we could find certain kinds of firearms will become harder and harder to purchase.
Maybe it is 'fake' news...but to sit back and think we may never lose the ability to purchase these firearms is wishful thinking.
Colt has put emphasis on military contracts before...and it nearly drove them into bankruptcy.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:10 AM

Sounds more like a business decision made by Colt. It's not like you can't buy countless other ARs of better quality for less money.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:11 AM
Banned

that's not really the gov's fault. That's the market doing it's own thing with said business responding appropriately.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
I hope you're right, but if anymore retailers follow Walmart's lead (definitely in the realm of possibility) we could find certain kinds of firearms will become harder and harder to purchase.
Maybe it is 'fake' news...but to sit back and think we may never lose the ability to purchase these firearms is wishful thinking.
Colt has put emphasis on military contracts before...and it nearly drove them into bankruptcy.
Colt makes guns. They are not a retailer. Walmart doesn’t make guns. They are a retailer that sells underwear and Fruit Loops. When companies that make guns quit making guns they cease to exist. There is a BIG difference here.

-Billy Molls
Old 09-21-2019, 09:32 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
The market is saturated with ar15's.
I imagine they will take them off the market for long enough that people will miss having the option of buying a new colt.
Then they'll bring them back as a "limited release" and charge extra for them.
Or just haul out the ol'303.....ewwww but's it's a bad gun too if you look back in history....to the OP....as soon as you mentioned News....I folded....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-21-2019, 11:33 AM

More "they're taking our guns" posts. good grief. If people put half as much effort for the protection of Public Lands as they did for their precious guns we'd be much better off.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy17 View Post
More "they're taking our guns" posts. good grief. If people put half as much effort for the protection of Public Lands as they did for their precious guns we'd be much better off.
"Don't post what you care about. Post what I care about"
Old 09-21-2019, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Colt makes guns. They are not a retailer. Walmart doesn’t make guns. They are a retailer that sells underwear and Fruit Loops. When companies that make guns quit making guns they cease to exist. There is a BIG difference here.
And manufacturers don't TAKE guns, they make business decisions on what to manufacture, or not.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:33 PM

The market is flooded with manufacturers of AR style rifles. Colt has huge military contracts and can still turn a profit there while not having to re tool to make a civilian version and military version etc... plus for the price of a Colt I can get a much better AR from DD BCM LWRC Noveske etc...people want colts because it is what the Military uses not because they are better or worse than any of the others.