Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 08-25-2019, 03:26 PM

Default Closed offices

with the recent clousures of offices in High River and Claresholme,it makes it impossible to obtain my trapping license as they close at 4:30 and where I work til 4pm would never make it to nearest office by closing,what is a person to do,getting day off is not an option either,thanks in advance for any help
Old 08-25-2019, 04:58 PM
Banned

Not sure why we can't get trapping licences done online like the rest of the licenses these days. Word on the street is it is a work in progress right now but who knows how long it will take till it is an actual go!
Old 08-25-2019, 05:09 PM
Banned

I understand your concern, however it is not really required until you start harvesting fur. It does not keep you off the line doing trail maintenance, what have you..
Old 08-25-2019, 06:44 PM

Default Travel time is similar

The 2019 Regs show the Vulcan office is still open. Give them a call tomorrow and check their hours of operation.
Vulcan office: 403-485-6971

Link: http://www.albertaregulations.ca/pdf...-Inquiries.pdf

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 08-25-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
The 2019 Regs show the Vulcan office is still open. Give them a call tomorrow and check their hours of operation.
Vulcan office: 403-485-6971

Link: http://www.albertaregulations.ca/pdf...-Inquiries.pdf
will call tomorrow,thanks for info appreciated,tight chains
Old 08-25-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough doug View Post
I understand your concern, however it is not really required until you start harvesting fur. It does not keep you off the line doing trail maintenance, what have you..
yes sir I agree,i'm not a holder of a registered trapline,trap resident for now,but thanks for input
Old 08-25-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear guy View Post
Not sure why we can't get trapping licences done online like the rest of the licenses these days. Word on the street is it is a work in progress right now but who knows how long it will take till it is an actual go!
yes that would be awesome for sure
Old 08-26-2019, 07:53 AM

Talk to your MLA that’s the only way it will change. That’s what the officers tell me, I have numerous letters in.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by South west trappin RG View Post
Talk to your MLA that’s the only way it will change. That’s what the officers tell me, I have numerous letters in.
So do I and I went a step further and requested the change under the Red Tape initiative. I'm not saying get rid of the license but that it should be done on line.

https://www.alberta.ca/cut-red-tape....HVhd6M6QBBYyj0
Old 08-26-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
So do I and I went a step further and requested the change under the Red Tape initiative. I'm not saying get rid of the license but that it should be done on line.

https://www.alberta.ca/cut-red-tape....HVhd6M6QBBYyj0
Thanks I just did the same thing seconds ago
Old 08-28-2019, 07:15 AM

Yup the closure of many offices is concerning and awkward for us to get licences and such ..you would think with fewer offices that maybe the service from the employees would get better just because they either want to keep their job or that only the good ones are left . Doesn't seem to be the case , I was in the Lethbridge office not to long ago and asked the lady at the counter if I could renew my damage control permit for beaver , I was told it would have to be reviewed by a bio . That's a new one !!! So I called the lady at the office where I used to get it and she said that lady number one had been told I was to receive it as soon as I got there so I don't know what the hold up was. Mean while , I asked lady number one if I could buy my trappers licences for this year " Do we sell them here ? " was her response. Amazing !!! I cant believe she even has a job.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
Yup the closure of many offices is concerning and awkward for us to get licences and such ..you would think with fewer offices that maybe the service from the employees would get better just because they either want to keep their job or that only the good ones are left . Doesn't seem to be the case , I was in the Lethbridge office not to long ago and asked the lady at the counter if I could renew my damage control permit for beaver , I was told it would have to be reviewed by a bio . That's a new one !!! So I called the lady at the office where I used to get it and she said that lady number one had been told I was to receive it as soon as I got there so I don't know what the hold up was. Mean while , I asked lady number one if I could buy my trappers licences for this year " Do we sell them here ? " was her response. Amazing !!! I cant believe she even has a job.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
And that is why we should be able to do this on line!