Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Where is that troll that wanted to invade Canada?

I need some entertainment.

Or or ... I am going to bed

Good Night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msmzXBLVJEg
Old 10-16-2012, 09:29 PM

Partisans always hear what partisans want to hear..their guy always wins. Here in Alberta we got some 'schoolin' in that regard during our last election ... the WR confidence just wasn't supported in the quiet of the polling booth.
I will be surprised if Obama doesn't pick up some of the ground he lost in the polls following the first debate. Only one way to find out...wait for poll results.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy4 View Post
Oh That debate!

I thought you were wanting to talk about de bait to put on de hook to catch de fish.

There is a baseball game on which interests me more than a couple of politicians yaking.
I don't know about you but i think it does matter a great deal what happens in the next election in the U.S.A as they are our neighbor's and sometimes i am curious to what my neighbor's are up to.

long story short U.S.A needs to get China to play legal and stop steeling from other countries, and since they both love money like we do and need to get there loans way down from the trillions they should just buy Alberta and then all that extra billions of annual money coming in can go to there loans and in 30 years they can give us Alberta back but they would half to give us money to get our province back anyways just joking and hope Romney wins the next election, very interesting debates and facts to look forwards to if you are into politics.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Banned

"The CNN/ORC International survey indicates 46% of debate watches say Obama won the debate, while 39% say Romney fared better. The seven-point margin falls within the poll's sampling error."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ney-in-debate/

I picked Romney as the winner of the last debate. Obama didn't show up to the last one but he was certainly there tonight. Both men are excellent speakers and presented their views great. I'll give the win to Obama this time.

Both men routinely dodged answering questions that were asked by saying a few words about the issue and then going off on a tangent about something completely different.

The theme for Romney was to hammer Obama's record as President and Obama's was to hammer Romney's lack of detail to his plan and/or it being unrealistic/mathematically impossible.

I think that the best blow in the debate was scored by Obama (or by Romney to himself?) when Romney confronted Obama for not calling the attack in Libya an act of terror and the moderator corrected him by saying that he did. To me it was like an "open mouth insert foot moment". Romney was obviously quite flustered and the moderator sympathetically got him off the hook by stepping in and changing the subject.

I can't wait to see what the experts say on who won and what the main points were.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Banned

Well, Obama did a lot better than last time out, which isn't saying much. He just doesn't have anything to work with though. He has a terrible record and now with this Libya stuff...the guy is not looking good. I'm starting to rethink it being a close election. Romney is now even with Obama with women, which was a huge move.

One question, Obama got up out of his chair and tried to intimidate Romney by moving into his space...Romney stood his ground and moved in on Obama. Man these guys must be coached on every little gesture they make.

Obama had to make up a lot of ground tonight, and he just didn't do it. I imagine once the fact check stuff comes out he is going to look like even more of an arse, especially considering his handlers spent a whole week last go around blaming O's bad performance on the fact that Romney is a "LIAR!!"

If you google some of the great things Romney has done as far as personal relations, charity, etc in the past, he sounds like a pretty decent man. One that does things for people out of the goodness of his heart and not so that he can get brownie points for them later. I don't think it's fair to label him with the same politician sleaze as 0.

Found this article some may find interesting...he even had a Gran Torino! http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/05...ws-romney-web/

another one... http://townhall.com/columnists/johnh...ot_know/page/2

Still time to go, but O has a lot of ground to make up, as the polls generally don't favour the incumbent when election time rolls around.

Last edited by rugatika; 10-16-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I think that the best blow in the debate was scored by Obama (or by Romney to himself?) when Romney confronted Obama for not calling the attack in Libya an act of terror and the moderator corrected him by saying that he did.
The moderator was wrong. Both she and Obama were being highly technical; that's not what the question was about and not what Romney had said.

Romney should have nailed him on it and didn't; probably because the moderator intervened and claimed to know the transcript and that Obama was correct. Understandable, I suppose, that intervention by the moderator/referee would upset the attack he was making.

This is what Obama really said:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...ya-act-terror/

Regardless, Romney should have just asked him why he went to the U.N. on another apology tour about an irrelevant YouTube video if he understood this to be a planned terrorist attack. Might've also asked him about the previous attacks and why nothing was do to respond to requests for more security there.

Last edited by Rocky7; 10-17-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
I love the superior sneer on Obama's face when he gets slapped. That's who he is - a slick blowhard elitist.
See Rock, this is what get's me. Obama needs to go for sure, we agree on that, and there are lots of good reasons for it. But you just throw that term "elitist" at everyone you disagree with. Obama came from lower middle-class roots, provided healthcare for the poor and wants to tax the wealthy more...and he is running against a guy worth a quarter of a billion dollars who's father was CEO of American Motors. I'd say the latter guy is from the "elite". Doesn't make Romney a bad guy or the wrong choice, but he comes from an elite most of us will never be a part of.

Last edited by Okotokian; 10-17-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:09 AM

Sounded like round 1 went to Romney and Round 2 to Obama. I foresee the 3rd is a saw-off and election night should be interesting. I never got much of sense either was any better in round two. I think Romney will win it all because in the end theres a segment of undecided that don`t like the current regime and will vote for Romney.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:38 AM

Here's an interesting Article I had read on Romney a while back. I just cant get past some of the things he has done with Bain Capital to make his millions. I do like allot of his ideas but he seems to much like a greasy used car salesman

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...pital-20120829
Old 10-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
Really? You are joking right? If you are serious, why? I'm just curious is all. Is it that you don't like politics or understand them? I's o.k., many don't. Is it that you hate the United States? That's o.k. too, because many do. Is it that you don't think that politics are important here or in the U.S.? That's o.k., because many think that as well. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just curious as to why you would reply to this post and watch a baseball game rather than a political debate. Maybe I'll watch the game too and since I don't drink, I think I'll have a cup of tea.

79 Ford; the both of them are spewing out anything to get elected now matter how much the back track on what they said a few months ago.... makes me want to toss my dinner at the tv. Romney basically flip flopped a 180 and Obama really hasnt got much of a track record to run on.

I could honestly care less who gets elected if they could just drop the partisan politics and get on with fixing their problems thats all we need...... republicans have been holding up any sort of reforms proposed and the democrats arent budging either.

Pretty much answered it for me.

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 10-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
nice...next time I will send you a PM with definitions etc., you seem to have trouble with spelling....and some stuff....
Oh I forgot to put some smilies and laughing faces and such on for you. I was making a little joke and should have realized some people would have it sail right over their heads.

Could you give us all a definition of "debate" please?

BGSH; very interesting debates and facts to look forwards to if you are into politics.

But I an not that into politics and especially not into "debate". You see when I watch baseball there is a (usually) clear winner. I see a score board.

I do not have to figure out who won, who lost, who was lying, who is going to screw Canada...etc. And I do not have to listen to a lot of "experts" telling me the answers to these questions.

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...

Last edited by duffy4; 10-17-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy4 View Post
79 Ford; the both of them are spewing out anything to get elected now matter how much the back track on what they said a few months ago.... makes me want to toss my dinner at the tv. Romney basically flip flopped a 180 and Obama really hasnt got much of a track record to run on.

I could honestly care less who gets elected if they could just drop the partisan politics and get on with fixing their problems thats all we need...... republicans have been holding up any sort of reforms proposed and the democrats arent budging either.

Pretty much answered it for me.
duffy4, I gave what I said to you yesterday some thought over night and as I don't know you nor your views on politics or anything else for that matter, I believe that I was out of line and was being rude and sarcastic. While we perhaps may not agree on some things, maintaining respect is always the right thing to do. I can see that I misinterpreted you by assuming that you didn't care about politics where while I don't love them, I feel they are of great importance. I hope that you will accept my apologies regarding this matter. score.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Obama needs to go for sure, we agree on that, and there are lots of good reasons for it. But you just throw that term "elitist" at everyone you disagree with. Obama came from lower middle-class roots,..., but he comes from an elite most of us will never be a part of.
He was born as a result of an affair his then-married father had with his 18 yr. old mother. Husband #1 left when Obama was 1.

Mom then marries a second time. Husband #2 (Obama's step-father) takes the family to Indonesia where they live in one of the most exclusive neighbourhoods of Jakarta. Think "Beverly Hills". Husband #2 worked for an oil company. Young Obama attends a prestigious prep school in Jakarta.

Mom then sends Obama to live with his grandparents in Hawaii. His grandmother retires as Vice-President of a Honolulu bank. His grandfather also worked, btw.

Obama has never - ever - lived in a black neighbourhood. He uses his skin colour for his advantage with self-loathing liberals.

With middling school grades, he somehow gets into prestigious universities and thence to "community activist". There is reason to believe he won entry to those universities with mediocre grades because he passed himself off as Indonesian or Nigerian and hence got in under their quota for applicants from downtrodden countries. Whatever. It'll come out some day.

Where, in all that, do you see "lower middle class"?
Old 10-17-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
He was born as a result of an affair his then-married father had with his 18 yr. old mother. Husband #1 left when Obama was 1.

Mom then marries a second time. Husband #2 (Obama's step-father) takes the family to Indonesia where they live in one of the most exclusive neighbourhoods of Jakarta. Think "Beverly Hills". Husband #2 worked for an oil company. Young Obama attends a prestigious prep school in Jakarta.

Mom then sends Obama to live with his grandparents in Hawaii. His grandmother retires as Vice-President of a Honolulu bank. His grandfather also worked, btw.

Obama has never - ever - lived in a black neighbourhood. He uses his skin colour for his advantage with self-loathing liberals.

With middling school grades, he somehow gets into prestigious universities and thence to "community activist". There is reason to believe he won entry to those universities with mediocre grades because he passed himself off as Indonesian or Nigerian and hence got in under their quota for applicants from downtrodden countries. Whatever. It'll come out some day.

Where, in all that, do you see "lower middle class"?
Didn't his grandmother work her way up in the company or was she born into wealth? I bet Romney makes more in interest in a year then she did in her career.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Didn't his grandmother work her way up in the company or was she born into wealth? I bet Romney makes more in interest in a year then she did in her career.
So?

The point is that Obama passes himself off as something he never was. He was raised in a life of privilege and wound up in Ivy League schools. He's never worked for a living. He's never created a single job for anyone. He has read books, has had some real radical mentors and, IMO, learned how to preach with Rev. Wright.

OK, I call him an elitist because that's how he acts and how he talks. I say that also because he has no point of reference for the lower middle class folks he pretends to champion. He's never lived next to them. Never.

He is a good speaker and is a whiz on a teleprompter. But pulleese don't put out some self-made crud, k?

It is not the size of someone's bank account that makes him or her an elitist. It is a mindset.

Last edited by Rocky7; 10-17-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
So?
So if you work your way to the top why are you considered elite?

Maybe we need to back up a few steps. What is your definition of elite?
Old 10-17-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
So if you work your way to the top why are you considered elite?

Maybe we need to back up a few steps. What is your definition of elite?
so it isn't elite for Obama to be born into money but it is elite for Romney, even though Mitt's father started from nothing as well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Romney

sounds like he started from the ground up and was a self made man. more power to him.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:36 AM

I said "elitist" not "elite". The word I use is a noun, the word you feed back to me is an adjective which usually has a positive connotation.

elitist |əˈlētist, āˈlētist|

a person who believes that a system or society should be ruled or dominated by an elite.

Like I said, it's a mindset. It has nothing to do with someone's bank balance. You need to look deeper to understand. If not, you will be played.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:42 AM

just another comment on the economy and this election...anyone else find it strange/sad/disgusting that the economy is the focal point of this election yet both sides have spend hundreds of millions if not more on this campaign...it sickens me to see that. I am sure there could have been far more valuable ways to spend that money than attack ads etc. I'd like to see a candidate run a campaign from a computer. all appearances are done via webcam, all ads done using imovie and the funds not used donated back into the social security system or medicare or given out to people on the street lol...that may get my attention and my vote. (obviously a bit sarcastic here..but still it is incredible the amounts of cash spent)
Old 10-17-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
so it isn't elite for Obama to be born into money but it is elite for Romney, even though Mitt's father started from nothing as well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Romney

sounds like he started from the ground up and was a self made man. more power to him.
Obama was born into an upper middle class.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Banned

I too look at Obama as an elitist. Like Rocky said, he has cruised through a pretty privileged life all the while passing himself off as some sort of a downtrodden man of the people. The guy is the typical liberal elitist in that he thinks he knows best how to chose how people live their lives. He totally has the big government "I know what's best for you." mindset.

Romney may have been born into a life of privilege and prep schools, but he gave his fathers inheritance away to charity. (He did get a $42000 LOAN from his dad to buy his first house) He has worked successfully his whole life in whatever endeavour he has taken on, whether it was ceo, governor, or running the olympics. What's more, he has spent a lot of his time doing good work for people without expecting any acknowledgement.

Obama is a liberal elitist narcissist, while Romney is a much more humble yet confident man who is more of a doer than a talker.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
just another comment on the economy and this election...anyone else find it strange/sad/disgusting that the economy is the focal point of this election yet both sides have spend hundreds of millions if not more on this campaign...it sickens me to see that. I am sure there could have been far more valuable ways to spend that money than attack ads etc. I'd like to see a candidate run a campaign from a computer. all appearances are done via webcam, all ads done using imovie and the funds not used donated back into the social security system or medicare or given out to people on the street lol...that may get my attention and my vote. (obviously a bit sarcastic here..but still it is incredible the amounts of cash spent)
What makes me wonder. Does the money they are spending go into the working class pockets or does it go right back into the upper class?
Old 10-17-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Romney is a much more humble yet confident man who is more of a doer than a talker.
I believe the 47% of Americans do not pay taxes nullified the humble attribute you are giving him.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
I believe the 47% of Americans do not pay taxes nullified the humble attribute you are giving him.
If you listen to the context of the speech and not just the liberal talking point being fed to people, Romney was making the point that it's a waste to expend campaign resources trying to convince the people that are accustomed to living off of the government to vote for him. There is a block of voters that is going to vote Obama/democrat no matter what. He may have been overly generous with the 47% number, as I think a good part of those people are just as fed up with generational welfare participants as the other 53% of the population.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:16 PM

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what ....These are people who pay no income tax. "
Old 10-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Banned

What bothers me is BO will not reveal his grades from Columbia or Harvard.

I wonder why not?
Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
What bothers me is BO will not reveal his grades from Columbia or Harvard.

I wonder why not?
Just because you are top of your class does not mean you have common sense. I went to university with straight A students that I couldn't imagine ever being a manager.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
It was nice the U.S. elected their first black president but he was the wrong first black president.
I agree, but "black" shouldn't have anything to do with it. If that's all they ever considered, then the right black president would be Herman Cain - who's blacker than obozo.

It'll never happen though, because I noticed a big double standard while browsing certain American websites:

If you dislike lib-left Obama you're a racist, and that's that.

But if you dislike Cain, that's OK because he's "only" a republican, so you're NOT a racist because "race doesn't count".

Just my 2 cents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic...of_Herman_Cain
Old 10-17-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:

Yup, sounds like Obama came from a pretty priviledged, elite background and didn't have to overcome the societal barriers Mitt did. Really, are you trying to argue that Obama came from a more privliedged background than Romney? That's patently dishonest Rock.

And again twisting things the good old right winger way... Santo Fransiskus Asisi was hardly a "prestigious prep school" It was a catholic school. Some of it's students couldn't afford shoes, and Obama started grade 1 there, before later transferring to a public Muslim school (Indonesia is primarllily Muslim).

Hardly an exclusive neighbourhood either. Obama's mom taught English in someone's living room. here's a little info from the Jakarta Times on the sale of Obama's palatial home:

"Obama moved to Jakarta with his American mother and Indonesian stepfather in 1967, spending the first two years in another humble home, where chickens and ducks used to cackle in the backyard and two baby crocodiles slithered around in a fenced-off pond. (please don't now try to argue he lived in a home with a private zoo LOL)

They relocated to the small red-tile roofed pavilion with art deco windows on Taman Amir Hamzah Street in 1970 when Obama was 9 years old and stayed there for the next two years."

The house mentioned second was actually a two bedroom guest house they rented that was on the grounds of a much larger house. So the neighbourhood was nice, but they didn't live in the big house. Nice try though.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
See Rock, this is what get's me. Obama needs to go for sure, we agree on that, and there are lots of good reasons for it. But you just throw that term "elitist" at everyone you disagree with. Obama came from lower middle-class roots, provided healthcare for the poor and wants to tax the wealthy more...and he is running against a guy worth a quarter of a billion dollars who's father was CEO of American Motors. I'd say the latter guy is from the "elite". Doesn't make Romney a bad guy or the wrong choice, but he comes from an elite most of us will never be a part of.

o didn't come from lower middle class, that is one of several myths that has been perpetuated by his handlers. there was a recent series of articles in the very well respected washington post that looked into this and other 'truths' that o and his team were perpetuating. like many other aspects of politics, o's reported background is generally fabricated lies/half truths.

politicians lie whenever they open their mouths in order to get elected and uniformed people get sucked in........