Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-03-2012, 07:00 PM

Default Calgary fishing

I'm moving to Airdrie in July, so I decided to search Calgary fishing online. After reading a few of the sites...I find this one
http://www.calgarykiosk.ca/directory.php?categoryId=210

I was born and raised in Windsor Ontario...right across the river from Detroit, and when I moved to Alberta I drove and it took me 3 days (48 hrs driving) to get here.

That's a little more than a short drive in my books....maybe I took the long way! lol

Good news is...there's bass in Alberta!
Old 06-03-2012, 07:14 PM

sorry, for you luck. Very good hunting and okay fishing. Good for work, but you might want to head west or south to get bass fishing. Have to go to bc for bass.

You are used to some of the best fishing in the world your going to be very dissapointed with alberta fishing.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:26 PM

Yes I am well aware that there is not any bass in Alberta....it was a joke based on the huge amount of errors in info from that site.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:28 PM

Smile Poor Fishing?

I moved here from Hamilton many years ago and used to fish in Algonquin park. A great experience for sure but as far as fishing goes, the trout fishing here is better than any where that I have fished in Canada.

One memorable day paddling down the Bow river with 2 Boy Scouts I caught 32 Rainbows. Never had a day like that any where.

That evening at MacKinnon flats I helped a 12 year old boy land and release the biggest brown trout I ever saw.

I don't fish pike and only used to fish bass occasionally, but the fly fishing for trout here is world class.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:29 PM

I've just recently made the opposite move for school, from Calgary to Guelph. Fishing is southern Ontario is nothing like the fishing around Calgary, you're lucky to be there, I'm glad I get to come home over the summer to enjoy the Alberta fishing.