Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-01-2012, 07:49 PM

Default beaumont fish pond

anyone try this spot out yet lately? i was thinking about heading out there tomorrow night and was wondering how the fish did over the winter. Has it been restocked yet? Any reccomendations on what fly to use? i was thinking bead heads or wooly buggers. thanks for any info.

cheers
chris
Old 05-01-2012, 07:52 PM

It has not yet been restocked....too early for that yet. You might get lucky and catch something....it gets hit pretty hard so get in early while the getting is good.

They typically put in 3000X 2N in that lake.

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 05-01-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:06 PM

thanks for the reply. i was thinking of going there or over to hermitage and blow the rust off my fly rod.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Banned

Location: FTR Road in the summer (flyfishin), The bush in autum (huntin) the hills in winter (shreddin the pow

I am a regular at this pond and have noticed It gets stalked around May 10-15 every year. LC is correct it gets stalked with 3000 rainbows that are like 6 -8 long. It gets fished REAL hard and LOTS of poaching goes on (Using like 3 rods per person, keeping more fish than allowed etc etc) its crazy. When its first stocked its lots of fun though.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:17 PM

I headed out there earlier today and I had next to no luck. However the guys beside me were pulling out fish like it was nothing! I noticed all the people fly fishing had no problem. However us with a normal rod got nothing. I saw the fish just look at my lure and swim away. What are some good lures to actually catch some of these rainbow trout? As well I was curious what the limits are, (just being too lazy to look it up and looking for a quick answer) Because I noticed the guys next to me had a garbage bag they were filling up.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:24 PM

Trout limit at beaumont is 5 with no size limit. I find i have the best luck at stocked trout ponds with small trout spinners (pretty much the smallest size you can buy) like mepps or panther martins, dipped in some powerbait trout attractant.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:32 PM

Alright awesome I'll try that next time! Thanks!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:50 PM

add a half a dew worm
Old 05-31-2012, 11:59 PM

Just come back from there.. Fishing is so so... But lots of fishermen...and some idiots. I saw a group of young guys speaking Russian? Very noisy and keep everything they catching including baby rainbows --- I have no idea how they cook those baby fish, crazy!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:25 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure we saw the same group of people! Three guys on the west side of the pond kind of near the middle of the 8 shape? Two of them were scared to touch the fish when the caught them too. They yelled at the other guy to unhook it for them! I can expect that from a young kid, but from a grown man? Haha
Old 06-01-2012, 05:29 PM

Do us all a favour...if you see questionable practices (ie. people fishing too many rods or people keeping too many fish) please call it in.

1-888-944-5494 RAP Line

I like to take my kids down to the pond that I grew up fishing in and actually have them catch some....

Thanks!

LC
Old 06-01-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Do us all a favour...if you see questionable practices (ie. people fishing too many rods or people keeping too many fish) please call it in.

1-888-944-5494 RAP Line

I like to take my kids down to the pond that I grew up fishing in and actually have them catch some....

Thanks!

LC
I definitely will...........I thought only some Asian keeps baby fish, never thought those idiots keep baby fish too! the biggest problem for me is that they making lots of noises, too much noises
Old 06-01-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotezh View Post
I definitely will...........I thought only some Asian keeps baby fish, never thought those idiots keep baby fish too! the biggest problem for me is that they making lots of noises, too much noises
Let's try not to single any group of people out....keeping small stocked trout is not illegal.

Let's worry about the people who are poaching.

LC
Old 06-01-2012, 07:42 PM

Well its very BS when people catch everything and don't allow other people to have fish to catch and release. We got morons out in Vegreville Res pond has the same thing, People keeping everything. Pretty sad.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:32 PM

Default White guys can catch trout...:)

Proof that I am not a one trick pike-on-the-fly pony

Caught quite a few...lost count but these are the only pics I took....lost one that was actually a gooder! Must have snuck a couple big ones in on the stocking program.

Oh and for the record I didn't hi-jack BGSH photo album....but he did sell me his Islander reel

Was funny I was catching quite a few and a guy came over because he hadn't caught one....I caught 3 more while he was watching me. Then he comes over and asks...."will this hook work??" It was a small jig with rubber body and a barbed hook, I said "That one will work extra good....will catch you a $200 fine!"....I asked him to pass it over so I could help him out by squishing the barbs...

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 06-01-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:46 AM

Nice pic Lefty...I heard you got a good deal on the Islander I sure liked owning Islander back in the days when ole Jim McLennan had the show on tv Iron Blue Flyfishing.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:14 AM

I hate this pond. Everything I try, nothing works. I'm going back to NSR from now on! Haha
Old 06-04-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotezh View Post
Its truly sad these ^ kind of people still linger on this forum. The "derp" runs strong in this one....
Old 06-04-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rett View Post
I hate this pond. Everything I try, nothing works. I'm going back to NSR from now on! Haha
Ha ha were you out there tonight? I was there from about 7 until 10 and the fish were being very picky on what they ate! It was my second time on the fly tonight and i managed to land a fish on my own after some guidance from a fellow fly fisher and one of his hand tied flies. I spent about an hour using my spin gear and switching between every trout spinner i had with 0 luck haha
Old 06-04-2012, 07:55 AM

I was out the last couple of days and everytime i take my fly rod i get a trout on about every cast on a dry fly. My buddy comes along and hammers them using a powerbait setup. I find that the powerbait rigs will catch larger fish. Although i caught a decent 12 incher on a fb ptn.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinmat View Post
Ha ha were you out there tonight? I was there from about 7 until 10 and the fish were being very picky on what they ate! It was my second time on the fly tonight and i managed to land a fish on my own after some guidance from a fellow fly fisher and one of his hand tied flies. I spent about an hour using my spin gear and switching between every trout spinner i had with 0 luck haha
Yep! I was out there from about 7-10 as well. I was using tiny trout spinners, and I could see the trout were interested,but then would just swim away. It seems like if you're not fly fishing, you're not catching anything there haha. I may have seen the biggest fish in the pond along the north side, a good 15-17 inches which I had interested in my spinner, but he never committed haha.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:32 AM

Last night my buddy landed a 2 pounder. P-Rig n small chunks of fruit marshmallows. I caught about 6 fly fishing but nothin special.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DillzK View Post
Last night my buddy landed a 2 pounder. P-Rig n small chunks of fruit marshmallows. I caught about 6 fly fishing but nothin special.
My friend and I had a bag of marshmallows at his house that we forgt to bring! Arrgghh!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:19 AM

You always gotta prepare there. Somedays it's cheese, others is mallows, and then powerbait or worms. Complete burden haha. That's why I have a new love..fly fishing.