Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-03-2012, 06:41 PM

Default Sunday Fishing

Went out today to check out some different locales, see what I could find.

Started off at the Fort Saskatchewan pond, had a hit on one of the first casts with a spinner, but no luck. No other bites after that. The wind was pretty tricky there today, so it kept the fly line from getting wet. I'm sure someone with more skill than myself could have made it work, my skills are admittedly quite lacking.

After a few hours there, decided to go for a spin down to Beaumont pond, it was quite busy. I hung around for about 10 minutes, didn't see anyone having any luck. Those two things combined let me to decide not to try it out today.

Finally went down to the NSR near the bridge in Devon. Pretty busy with people there for a whole variety of reasons (suntanning, dog walking, hiking, raft building?, and of course fishing). Spent some time looking around and trying a few different spots, no luck, saw a couple fish jumping, whitefish I believe.

No matter the outcome it was still a great day of adventuring around my new stomping grounds, and any day fishing is better than a day working...
Old 06-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Banned

Adventures are always worthwhile.

As for casting into wind or with it at your back,, at your back try roll casting, I think thats what its called maybe something on youtube. And into tge wind, I have noidea how to explan but it starts with a shirt amount of line and some in yiur hand to throw. I flyfishedon a spot almost daily with a very heady head wind on the sunshine coast and an oldrimer showed me the technique which was such a help and easy to master.