Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-31-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I'm not a fan in the man, but it is hard to argue that they are on an economic upswing. I fear the eroding of democratic institutions, as well as expectations they have of what is acceptable behavior for the person who holds the office.
Then again, look at what is now considered acceptable behaviour for a PM in our country.So far found guilty of four ethics violations and counting. People can say what they want about Trunp, but if Trump was acting like our PM, he would have already been impeached.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:53 AM

Donald is just a promoter. I deal with this type of person from time to time.It is a personality type, everything is a record, very poor grasp of details and think they can will things to happen. I have them in my own family and usually are not people you choose to be around- at least if you like the details . His presidency was a needed thing, imo to shake things up politically but soon it will be over and the office will never be the same again. This is good in the long run. God Bless, folks.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpig View Post
I would say it is almost a certainty because the majority already didn't like him during the election and it is pretty clear he has become less popular since the election.
The same can be said for our Prime Minister. What is your point?
Old 01-31-2018, 08:24 AM
Banned

Default Deja Vu

The Donald gave the same speech the Prince of clowns
just gave on the CBC trying to explain Davos .

I found the SOTU Adress refreshing compared to the
6 or so mental case presidents our neighbours have had
In recent history .
As for critiques from the left , sour grapes . Just wait
till the unseating of our two sources of stupidity .
Major whining .
Old 01-31-2018, 08:25 AM

Nm
Old 01-31-2018, 09:06 AM

Like many, I was initially repulsed by Trumps bombastic style. But, if you want change, you might need to step on some toes. You can bet that an increase in economy will win over the majority, regardless of the bad news events. it’s a new day, embrace the opportunities.

In my view, it’s pretty lame to bash our feds. It is what it is, and the best action is to engage the process of change. Once we see the gains of the US, we’ll be looking for our own Trump.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
I never said I asked anyone anything. In fact the majority I’m talking about are random people I hear at stores, gas stations, malls, restaurants etc... you talk about unbiased polls of at least 1000. Who do they poll to remain unbiased because I’m pretty sure I could bias any poll by randomly selecting 1000 people from a geographic area that is more conservative or more liberal, north vs south, east vs west, retired can workig, student can workinf etc just bailed on how on the high number of views that lean the way I want my poll to show. Sorry I don’t trust much I read in the media these days even with your expert in biased polls saying what’s going on. As mentioned they all said the man had no chance of winning.....
I think you are arguing against your self there. Polling people from a conservative area is what you are doing. I also provided a second reason that Democrats are gaining huge in special elections which is a very tangible argument. Just a few weeks ago Scott Walker had a breakdown on Twitter because Democrats won a Republican stronghold.

Also national polls are selected based on demographics and regions.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
The same can be said for our Prime Minister. What is your point?
If you want to know the context of a post I suggest going back and reading previous posts.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
If you want to know the context of a post I suggest going back and reading previous posts.
I did, Seems you are upset with the way the electoral system works in the US.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:39 AM

I think a large component of why Trump got elected was voters who were sickened by the perpetual online trolling of the Democratic supporters, so those same democrat trolls should be swallowing the difficult pill of taking some credit for his presidency. We’ve seen it throughout both mainstream and social media as well as in this very thread with killerpig, for instance Trump could do a good thing by getting Keystone approved and they’ll redirect it to some fabricated tale of something completely misleading and utterly incorrect, such as setting immigrant babies on fire at the border with Mexico (hyperbole for those not familiar with its use in intentional sarcasm, as opposed to hyperbole that they devour hook, line and sinker). They accuse him of being hateful & bigoted when quite frankly I’ve seen more of those negative qualities displayed by them ad nauseum.

I’m not a fan of Trump but I’ll at least admit what he’s done right. He is not remotely statesmanlike and his social media use is juvenile but he has swung the US economy around. His border policies make sense to me, it’s not a right for foreigners to immigrate there after all, and one only wants productive immigrants rather than criminals or social welfare sponges. Leftists over simply this as being racist, but that’s simply their gag-reflex when presented with a topic that requires thought.

Due to our close relationship and major trading partnership with the US I can understand why their presidency garners so much attention up here, but I still find the amount of Trump trolling and hate spread online by Canadian s to be pretty stupid, news flash Canadian citizens: you don’t have a vote in the US so maybe take it easy on tilting at the orange windmill from your keyboards ALL DAY LONG.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Doesn't really have anything to do with the electoral system. I simply stated that most people did not vote for Trump.

Although I do think the US does have a bad electoral system that ensures only two parties can exist, leads to candidates only focusing on a few swing states, and pretty openly allows corruption.
And PMs have been elected with a lower percentage of the vote , because of our system.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Doesn't really have anything to do with the electoral system. I simply stated that most people did not vote for Trump.

Although I do think the US does have a bad electoral system that ensures only two parties can exist, leads to candidates only focusing on a few swing states, and pretty openly allows corruption.
And a multi party system is free of corruption? Parties doing a complete about face and forming a coalition government to better things for themselves never happens? No chance of minority governments getting into power and getting absolutely nothing accomplished except passing the cost of elections on to the taxpayer?

Both systems have their pros and cons for sure, but as long as there have been and will be politicians, there will most certainly be corruption. It's all about peoples quest for power in it's very definition.

pol·i·tics
ˈpäləˌtiks/Submit
noun
the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ok sure but that still doesn't change the fact that most of America doesn't like him.
Strange? All my American friends do! The only exception is the Canadian friend I have who has been living there the past 25 years. But then he comes from an area of Ontario historically an NDP riding so I wouldn’t expect anything otherwise......
Old 01-31-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
That's not really corruption, that's more so just describing how a parliament works.

The corruption I'm talking about is businesses being able to spent unlimited money to buy off politicians to create policies favourable to them, politicians drawing electoral boundaries to blatantly favour themselves, politicians being able to limit access to polls in areas they know don't favour them. Stuff more so like that.
To think this doesn't happen in Canada is naive.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
That's not really corruption, that's more so just describing how a parliament works.

The corruption I'm talking about is businesses being able to spent unlimited money to buy off politicians to create policies favourable to them, politicians drawing electoral boundaries to blatantly favour themselves, politicians being able to limit access to polls in areas they know don't favour them. Stuff more so like that.
Ever heard of the TRUBLOW foundation?, funded by the same foreign governments and corporations that funded the Clinton foundation?
Old 01-31-2018, 11:49 AM

The USA is going to be a major exporter of petroleum and coal products. Canada on the other hand will continue to sell our oil at a 25% discount to our one and only customer all because we have failed as country with all the political BS not being able to get pipelines of our own to East and West Coast tidewater. We also have the hipocrasy of BC not wanting Kinder Morgan and wanting to have clean energy but reaping the financial rewards of shipping all that Tech Resources coal to Asia. President Trump is the clear winner from what I have seen from investors point of view. I prefer to be in US equities than in our flat TSX. Trump is delivering.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59whiskers View Post
The USA is going to be a major exporter of petroleum and coal products. Canada on the other hand will continue to sell our oil at a 25% discount to our one and only customer all because we have failed as country with all the political BS not being able to get pipelines of our own to East and West Coast tidewater. We also have the hipocrasy of BC not wanting Kinder Morgan and wanting to have clean energy but reaping the financial rewards of shipping all that Tech Resources coal to Asia. President Trump is the clear winner from what I have seen from investors point of view. I prefer to be in US equities than in our flat TSX. Trump is delivering.
Yep.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/canad...licy-1.4505852
Old 01-31-2018, 12:03 PM

Trump did a great job.
It was a pleasure to see the democrats pouting and acting like little whiny babies.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:32 PM

Default Trumps Secret

I think President Trump is successful because he appeals to the "average american". In days gone buy the Democrats had the votes of the common working person and union worker. They have lost that vote do to there pandering to extreme social justice warrior types.

Trump is seen as a person who listens to and try's to help the working class. Unless the Dems figure out that they need to move to the middle they wont be getting any power other than the two coasts of there country.

If I was an american I would have liked what President Trump had to say. Lower taxes, more jobs, higher wages, stronger military, safer country, better future for my children. Whats not to like about these things?
Old 01-31-2018, 12:57 PM

There's only one thing that is important about the state of the union,are people better off now the 12 months ago and the answer is yes.There will be anti Trump from the other side no matter if the country grows 1000 percent they still will be out after him.The dem's lost to bad so sad,but the American people want jobs and see criminal gangs gone ,plus chase terrorists to the gates of hell and Trump has did more to protect his people in one year than Obama did in 8.

Hollywood freaks live in another world and didn't want change,but the working class wanted changes and they are getting it as best as Trump can do it.

The x head of the cia was on cnn about the fisa memo's ,the CIA has an even a worst record than cnn and there asking each other for news,two fish out of water trying to swim.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:

And how could anyone afford to buy-off Trump?
Old 01-31-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
Anyone watching the US State of the Union? A lot of sad Democrat faces in the crowd.
You want to see sad faces give it few weeks or earlier,the biggest scandal in usa history is unfolding on how corruption works at it's highest level all over GREED from politicians trusted by the public.Trumps ratings just went up 25 percent from where it was a year ago,that's a big swing taken away from the DEM'S and they looked really worn out last night and worried about there carcasses unfolding in this corruption after playing there best hands to oust Trump.
After Trey Gowdy read the fisa memo,he was so sick that he just announced he is going back to his legal practice,one of the most honest and best guy around wants no part of these scums in Washington.If I was Trump I would up my security,because they will come at him harder than ever or his family,takes big nutz to go after the world's largest and premier law enforements.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:34 PM
Banned

I watched the "state of the union speech" in it's entirety. It made me feel as though I'd want to trade leaders. Wait, Trudeau ain't a leader, he's a traitor. Bad trade for our southern neighbors. No way they'd go for it. Can't blame them really.

Besides, Trump delivered the speech within a couple of hours. The shiny pony would still be stuck on "hum, erh, hum, I don't know, duhhh, pause, huh, in a couple of days, maybe weeks.

Last edited by gitrdun; 01-31-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
I think President Trump is successful because he appeals to the "average american". In days gone buy the Democrats had the votes of the common working person and union worker. They have lost that vote do to there pandering to extreme social justice warrior types.

Trump is seen as a person who listens to and try's to help the working class. Unless the Dems figure out that they need to move to the middle they wont be getting any power other than the two coasts of there country.

If I was an american I would have liked what President Trump had to say. Lower taxes, more jobs, higher wages, stronger military, safer country, better future for my children. Whats not to like about these thinkgs?
Inflation?
Old 01-31-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAlberta View Post
Inflation?
His building of debt makes Trudeau like an amateur .

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-31-2018, 09:26 PM

I thought Trump made a pretty good speech but talk is cheap and I doubt if he will get any points other than from his base.

A also do not think Hillary would have been any more beloved.

I actually think that there are very few good honest people in their whole political system.

I think most of my American relatives voted for Trump.

I feel sorry for Melania. I think she probably wonders if being married to a billionaire and the President of the United States is worth the public humiliation.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59whiskers View Post
the usa is going to be a major exporter of petroleum and coal products. Canada on the other hand will continue to sell our oil at a 25% discount to our one and only customer all because we have failed as country with all the political bs not being able to get pipelines of our own to east and west coast tidewater. We also have the hipocrasy of bc not wanting kinder morgan and wanting to have clean energy but reaping the financial rewards of shipping all that tech resources coal to asia. President trump is the clear winner from what i have seen from investors point of view. I prefer to be in us equities than in our flat tsx. Trump is delivering.
👍
Old 01-31-2018, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
You want to see sad faces give it few weeks or earlier,the biggest scandal in usa history is unfolding on how corruption works at it's highest level all over GREED from politicians trusted by the public.Trumps ratings just went up 25 percent from where it was a year ago,that's a big swing taken away from the DEM'S and they looked really worn out last night and worried about there carcasses unfolding in this corruption after playing there best hands to oust Trump.
After Trey Gowdy read the fisa memo,he was so sick that he just announced he is going back to his legal practice,one of the most honest and best guy around wants no part of these scums in Washington.If I was Trump I would up my security,because they will come at him harder than ever or his family,takes big nutz to go after the world's largest and premier law enforements.
I'm patiently waiting for the hammer to drop and all the kick backs and corruption to be exposed. Every American taxpayer should pay attention to were there money goes.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
He definitely has done a lot of executive orders on minor issues but those are really easy to be reversed every time the government changes. I'm more so talking about major legislation.
Sounds like your a Trump basher, JT supporter? who by the way, has not really done anything except reverse everything the Harper Government did? Yet you say nothing derogatory about our Child king...interesting
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:

WOW AND THE TWO SWING STATES (Provinces) IN CANADA ARE.........Drum roll.....Ontario and Quebec.... so your argument is flawed.. as with most of your statements in this thread.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.