Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-21-2015, 06:50 PM

Default stabilizer choices

I tried out a hand full of 6 inch stabilizers for my bow, I`ve narrowed it down to 2 that I liked the best

they are:

trophy ridge static stabilizer and axion archery ssg (silencer second generation)

so I`m wondering if anyone has any pro`s or con`s to share on either or both
Old 04-21-2015, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddjler View Post
I tried out a hand full of 6 inch stabilizers for my bow, I`ve narrowed it down to 2 that I liked the best

they are:

trophy ridge static stabilizer and axion archery ssg (silencer second generation)

so I`m wondering if anyone has any pro`s or con`s to share on either or both
The trophy ridge looks good on the hoyt carbon spaghetti risers and you can adjust the weight from the base right to the tip which is nice. I don't have any experience with the axion.

I'm not really picky when it comes to stabilizers myself, the one I have that is under 8" and actually works is an X-Ring from I think the 90's and actually looks like a fish bat, but dang that thing steady's a bow.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:43 AM

Looking at your 100 Yrd shooting, I would say don't change a thing. That 90's stab sure works for you.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:32 AM

Im an Axion Stabilizer Fan...they really do work with the bonus of the HS [ Harmonic Stabilizer] and dampeners they truly cut down vibration and noise better than most..plus the weighted HS at end does what its supposed to do ..stabilize...
Plus they look mean...

Neil
Old 04-22-2015, 07:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter View Post
Looking at your 100 Yrd shooting, I would say don't change a thing. That 90's stab sure works for you.
I don't have the X-Rng on my bowtech, the RPM 360 is top heavy to begin with so I have a Stokerized SS1 on it. The SS1 doesn't do much for stabilizing, and I actually think it adds vibration, but it does balance the bow for a smooth follow thru after the shot which is nice.

I have my fish bat on my Carbon Element, that bow with that stabilizer is a shooter, I can shoot that set up better than my Bowtech or my CST. Every bow acts a little different, that's why I'm a fan of adjustable stabilizers.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I don't have the X-Rng on my bowtech, the RPM 360 is top heavy to begin with so I have a Stokerized SS1 on it. The SS1 doesn't do much for stabilizing, and I actually think it adds vibration, but it does balance the bow for a smooth follow thru after the shot which is nice.

I have my fish bat on my Carbon Element, that bow with that stabilizer is a shooter, I can shoot that set up better than my Bowtech or my CST. Every bow acts a little different, that's why I'm a fan of adjustable stabilizers.
IMHO so very important on any bow...as important as the pin float issue that a stabilizer solves...a 100% stable pin on target is useless with no follow thru or torque on bow at release...

Neil
Old 04-22-2015, 08:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
IMHO so very important on any bow...as important as the pin float issue that a stabilizer solves...a 100% stable pin on target is useless with no follow thru or torque on bow at release...

Neil
Specially with bows that have a shorter brace height. If the RPM wasn't so heavy to begin with I would add an additional stab out the front, but I'm not a target shooter or 3D shooter so I set my bows up for hunting. I try to keep them as light and compact as possible.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Specially with bows that have a shorter brace height. If the RPM wasn't so heavy to begin with I would add an additional stab out the front, but I'm not a target shooter or 3D shooter so I set my bows up for hunting. I try to keep them as light and compact as possible.
Good point ..hence why I only have the 4" Axion SSG on all mine...

Neil