Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-20-2015, 08:04 PM

Default Field Logic IQ Micro 5 Pin Bow Sight

Hi I am in need of new sight just wondering about this sight Field Logic IQ Micro 5 Pin Bow Sight have read great things looking for ideas
Old 04-20-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
Hi I am in need of new sight just wondering about this sight Field Logic IQ Micro 5 Pin Bow Sight have read great things looking for ideas
great sight.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
great sight.
I like micro pins find them the best
Old 04-21-2015, 08:08 AM

Are you planning to combine the "Retina Lock" with a peep system?

Neil
Old 04-21-2015, 07:17 PM

Yes I use a peep sight, so I though I would leave it in my string any thoughts
Old 04-21-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Yes I use a peep sight, so I though I would leave it in my string any thoughts
the peep is obsolete with the retina. give it a couple of weeks and you will be shooting better peepless.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:50 PM

So I should take the peep out of string right from the start with new sight?
Old 04-22-2015, 07:59 AM

The IQ is a technical,neat and useful sight, its main purpose is to force you to use the exact same anchor point each shot...

Can you use a peep with the IQ sight...sure...is it needed ...not really!!

Many use this sight to eliminate a peep sight for various reasons and it works...As once again it forces you to use solid and stable anchor points...than without a peep the shooter simple veiws pin on the right side of string for clear full unobstructed veiw...

However there are those that use the peep in combination...which IMHO takes a little getting used too and just more to think about and do during quick action hunting..but adds to a solid anchor and sight system...

A simple sight level does much the same with a peep...

Neil
Old 04-22-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
The IQ is a technical,neat and useful sight, its main purpose is to force you to use the exact same anchor point each shot...

Can you use a peep with the IQ sight...sure...is it needed ...not really!!

Many use this sight to eliminate a peep sight for various reasons and it works...As once again it forces you to use solid and stable anchor points...than without a peep the shooter simple veiws pin on the right side of string for clear full unobstructed veiw...

However there are those that use the peep in combination...which IMHO takes a little getting used too and just more to think about and do during quick action hunting..but adds to a solid anchor and sight system...

A simple sight level does much the same with a peep...

Neil
Neil, I'm confused by your statement above ^. Can you clarify what you're intending on saying with that? I don't want to assume something while reading your statement before weighing in....

J.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post
Neil, I'm confused by your statement above ^. Can you clarify what you're intending on saying with that? I don't want to assume something while reading your statement before weighing in....

J.
Lol certainly...with a sight level ...using the peep with solid anchors the level can prevent a shooter from torquing or canting the bow!!

The added advantage with the IQ is that it asures you have a solid and consistant anchor also...

Neil
Old 04-22-2015, 02:54 PM

I have the 7 pin IQ sight and think its a solid sight. Adjusting it was a bit of a pain though. lol My only complaint is that 7 pins is a crowded sight picture but I got a great deal on a used one so beggars can't be choosers. lol I think it's as nice as my MBG sight.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 04-22-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Lol certainly...with a sight level ...using the peep with solid anchors the level can prevent a shooter from torquing or canting the bow!!

The added advantage with the IQ is that it asures you have a solid and consistant anchor also...

Neil
Ah ok! Now we're on the same page.

Yes, I agree that with a peep and level, it can indicate torqueing of the bow (to a small degree) and definitely shows canting of the bow.

However, I believe that the IQ/No Peep/Anchor Site method of indicating torque is much better and will show to a much larger degree the torque that the shooter is affecting on the bow.

I liken the IQ technology to looking down a small diameter straw at arms length, under magnification. It would only take a minute (a very small) amount of torque to that small straw to misalign your vision so that you can't see down the straw anymore. Left/right or up/down are both affected.

There are more pros to the technology as well, but the search button works well too.

I'm gonna stop right there before someone claims I'm just a fanboy of the IQ (I am )

J.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post
Ah ok! Now we're on the same page.

Yes, I agree that with a peep and level, it can indicate torqueing of the bow (to a small degree) and definitely shows canting of the bow.

However, I believe that the IQ/No Peep/Anchor Site method of indicating torque is much better and will show to a much larger degree the torque that the shooter is affecting on the bow.

I liken the IQ technology to looking down a small diameter straw at arms length, under magnification. It would only take a minute (a very small) amount of torque to that small straw to misalign your vision so that you can't see down the straw anymore. Left/right or up/down are both affected.

There are more pros to the technology as well, but the search button works well too.

I'm gonna stop right there before someone claims I'm just a fanboy of the IQ (I am )

J.
We have lots of shooters shooting them with no peep...two thumbs up

In fact one of our better shooters we nicknamed Lil No Peep
ha ha cracks me up every time!!

Neil
Old 04-22-2015, 06:46 PM

Thank you for all the help I'm going to get the sight and will update my progress thanks again.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
I have the 7 pin IQ sight and think its a solid sight. Adjusting it was a bit of a pain though. lol My only complaint is that 7 pins is a crowded sight picture but I got a great deal on a used one so beggars can't be choosers. lol I think it's as nice as my MBG sight.
A complaint by so many shooters ...I look at it as an asset

Once an animal is identified as a shooter...all one should see is that dime size spot you picked and the correct pin sitting on that spot...

If you cant see those massive antlers, huge melon head and other stressfull stuff because of crowed pins...bonus!!!
lol

JMHO
Neil
Old 04-23-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
So I should take the peep out of string right from the start with new sight?
I would recommend leaving the peep on and use the peep to set up the sight. Once the sight is on target (using the peep), adjust the Retina into position, and then take off the peep.

Much faster setup this way.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
Why not remove a couple of pins?
Old 04-23-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
Why not remove a couple of pins?
Thought about it I'm sure it's not too hard but I just couldn't be bothered. lol It's not THAT big of a pain I would just buy the 5 pin next time, that's all.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard