Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 02-27-2015, 03:44 AM

Default Quick request for Red Deer area land owners

Hi, my name is Kaitlyn and I have a quick request for help. I'm looking to start trapping some time soon, hopefully this upcoming season if I can get a course date figured out with mum, however in the mean time I'd like to practice with some rabbit snares. I checked the laws and though the trapping and hunting regs contradict each other, snaring rabbits and hares is legal by a resident on land which they have right of access. I'm unsure whether or not this includes crown land but as I'm generally unfamiliar with crown land laws to begin with, I'd rather not take the chance until I have familiarized myself with the laws. (If anyone could help me with that in PM that would be great.)

So, if you are in the Red Deer area, have rabbits or hares on your land, and would be kind enough to allow me to set a few rabbit snares, I'd appreciate it. I don't know what dates I'd be able to come out just yet because I'd like to get permission for access before I figure out when I can and can't drive in. If you are more than a half hour outside of Red Deer this poses a problem for me, unfortunately. However if you're close to Innisfail, that's awesome as I could likely bike out.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and have a great day.

Image temporarily removed due to size.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:53 AM

Just an FYI, rabbits may be snared on crown land.