Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-28-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
You should visit the Rocky Mountain House location Selkirk. Knowledgeable and "available" staff and a surprisingly good inventory of some pretty high end rifles. Fierce, Montana, MOA, Kimber, Weatherby Mark v and Sako to name a few.

Blew me away to see $3,500 - $ 5,000 guns in a CT.
X2 Was there visiting my daughter on the weekend and went down to check it out.Rocky Mountain House Ab
Wow is all I could say for the store in Rocky. Fierce Firearms and NIghtforce scopes,The guy behind the counter said all of the guns aren't even out as they didn't have enough display area
Didn't have the powder I was after but I was still very impressed
Pin
Old 01-28-2018, 11:16 PM

Good to see. Hope it continues, I just wish the online inventory was indicative of what's in store. I'm not close, would like to know if what I want is actually there before I go.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:18 AM

The owners son operates a franchise in Red Deer that had guns even during the dark ages when CT were out. Looking forward to see what they bring in at Mac. The CT in Shawnessy has a small reloading dept, hoping they'll follow suit. I'll deal with a Canadian big box store over foreign owned whenever possible and practical.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeprli View Post
I was also told McLeod trail an southland location is getting reloading supplies. Got 1lb of powder from shawnessy location, Hodgdon LVR for $20, some IMR powders were on sale as well.
Yes Shawnessy CT has lots of firearms and a fair bit of reloading. Powder, primers, brass and bullets. Maybe not what WSS had but give them time. Couple of years ago they had none of this stuff ,so it may take a little time.

I have always prefered to give my business to a Canadian store as opposed to US based. And the way things are going there are too many Canadian businesses failing. Support Canadian businesses, big and small.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:17 PM

I haven't seen any restricted firearms in any Canadian Tires. Wonder if there are some that carry them?
Old 01-30-2018, 01:37 AM

The Kamloops CT just off TC1 has been in the game for at least a couple of years. WSS screwed their pre-Cristmas sales pretty good but they are getting it on.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:32 PM

Seems like its getting more common to see in Canadian Tire stores. The one out in Cochrane has a great gun rack and a bunch of reloading stuff. Bit pricey but it sure is handy, beats having to haul into the city sometimes.