Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-14-2015, 05:32 AM

Default Montana BlackGold sights

Anyone use these? Good? Bad? What're your thoughts?
Old 04-14-2015, 07:22 AM

I love them. I had two MBG Ascents.

But went to HHA single pin dialing sight. But now probably going back to MBG... only... because i want to shoot MBR 3D.

We ordered a custom MBG RUSH sight for the wifeys new bow. Shes looking forward to it. Quallity sights.. u cant go wrong with them. Pins are sturdy ....... nice and bright. The brightness automatically adjusts to brightness or darkness.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
I love them. I had two MBG Ascents.

But went to HHA single pin dialing sight. But now probably going back to MBG... only... because i want to shoot MBR 3D.

We ordered a custom MBG RUSH sight for the wifeys new bow. Shes looking forward to it. Quallity sights.. u cant go wrong with them. Pins are sturdy ....... nice and bright. The brightness automatically adjusts to brightness or darkness.
Some of the brightest pins out there...very tuff ...have used them for near 20 years...

Neil
Old 04-14-2015, 10:53 AM

I've got the multi pin model with the dial adjustment. My only complaint is the noise, I had to cover it with stick on limbsavers to get it to stop sounding like a tuning fork.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerfan View Post
I've got the multi pin model with the dial adjustment. My only complaint is the noise, I had to cover it with stick on limbsavers to get it to stop sounding like a tuning fork.
Something not right there!!!

On pins themselves they have a second allan key nut on the pin slide that have to be snug there are two but one is not as visiable......maybe they are loose?

Neil
Old 04-14-2015, 11:26 AM

I'll have to take a look, that could be the problem. Thanks
Old 04-14-2015, 01:30 PM

just bought a pure gold 75 4 pin sight. It was pricey but it is nice. Hopefully it works as good as it looks.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:11 PM

I love the mbg sight I have and it's the low end model. Can't imagine having a reason to ever get another brand. Bro has a nicer mbg, and I'm eyeing up the multi pin ascent. The pins adjusting to light/darkness are outstanding.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:59 PM

another happy owner here. broke one of the pins with a stick or something, called, and a replacement was in the mail that day, no charge.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:02 AM

I also have 2 of them and have nothing but good thing to say about them. I will be buying an other one soon for the wife's bow.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:28 AM

I have the single pin ascent ambush. Love the sight. Have used it for 2 seasons and have had no issues. I did get the rear facing sight tape and glad I did, but I think it may be standard on the new sights. I never did use their tapes that they provided just made my own.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jval View Post
I have the single pin ascent ambush. Love the sight. Have used it for 2 seasons and have had no issues. I did get the rear facing sight tape and glad I did, but I think it may be standard on the new sights. I never did use their tapes that they provided just made my own.
I have a 5 Pin Ascent on two of my bows and really like them too. I found the tapes to work quite well ....I marked 20 and 60 on a blank tape then found the one that matched perfect and applied the tape I can dial out to as far as the tape goes which is 110 buy have dialed various distances and they work perfect out to 100 (furthest I have tried)
Old 04-18-2015, 10:07 PM

I own a 7 pin Vengeance with a 2 inch "big dog" housing. I've had it for a few years now. Pins are bright but pins seems a little thick for me, especially with 7 pins.

Had a issue with one of my pins, not moving horizontally, sent it back under warranty. Black Gold fixed it no questions asked. While it was there has some fibre colours changes, minimal costs. They have great service.

I am looking a getting the new Pure 75 Gold.