Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 02-21-2015, 05:10 PM

Default Great community

Just wanted to say that this is the best section of the forum. The amount of helpfulness that the trapping members are willing to share compared to the other pages is staggering.
I asked a fellow member if he would mind showing me how these snares worked. He invited me to take a spin with him and check a part of his line.
I spent the morning with him and it was a great experience. I couldn't really see how the kill spring worked in my mind until I was able to see it wrapped around the neck of a yote.
I think this little expedition was a great help. I know that there will be mountains of learning ahead and that I will likely screw up more than I should. I feel that this has cut down on that steep learning curve that I have ahead.
Thanks again Peter
Old 02-21-2015, 05:25 PM
Banned

Have to agree with you Cowtown. I find all the threads can be helpfull and informative but people on this section (and archery) seem to really be willing to give good advice and share tips that they have learned.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:30 PM

Yup, your right Daryl it is pretty good on here. That is why I don't go on the hunting portion much anymore. I think if they got rid of me according to a few on here it would be a perfect place lol
Old 02-21-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
Just wanted to say that this is the best section of the forum. The amount of helpfulness that the trapping members are willing to share compared to the other pages is staggering.
I asked a fellow member if he would mind showing me how these snares worked. He invited me to take a spin with him and check a part of his line.
I spent the morning with him and it was a great experience. I couldn't really see how the kill spring worked in my mind until I was able to see it wrapped around the neck of a yote.
I think this little expedition was a great help. I know that there will be mountains of learning ahead and that I will likely screw up more than I should. I feel that this has cut down on that steep learning curve that I have ahead.
Thanks again Peter
lots of great people on here for sure and you will make the odd mistake im sure while trapping but that is how you learn a lot of trial and error.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:51 PM

right on peter!

cowtown guy, if you haven't already signed up for south countrys trappers course. you should. it'll greatly reduce the learning curve even more. will still be plenty to learn, but you'll be WAY ahead, in the long run.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:58 PM

Shhhhh....We don't want the animals from the zoo (aka General forum) to find out about this place. If we aren't careful our peaceful little forum could be inundated with "canadian tire sales notices", gas vs diesel debates, and what color of corvette goes fastest
Old 02-21-2015, 06:03 PM

Yes this section and the archery section as waterninja said are the only two areas where every second thread doesnt turn into some sort of "debate".
Great people, lots of good information.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:03 PM

I agree the trapping folks seem very keen on sharing techniques and helping each other out. The trappers I have met in person are all great folks who like to share.

LC
Old 02-21-2015, 07:37 PM

Default great community

I'm not the best trapper, but I'm willing to share my experiences with anyone. Just ask, or PM me. If someone wants to go on a tour one day and check snares with me, I'd be delighted. I've learned alot of little tricks on here, and surely appreciate the wisdom of my fellow snaremen.

Last edited by trigger7mm; 02-21-2015 at 07:38 PM. Reason: changes
Old 02-21-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
Shhhhh....We don't want the animals from the zoo (aka General forum) to find out about this place. If we aren't careful our peaceful little forum could be inundated with "canadian tire sales notices", gas vs diesel debates, and what color of corvette goes fastest
LOL !! Gotta agree , good on ya Peter for helping out and a coyote to show your guest , BONUS ! Welcome Cowtown ..
Old 02-21-2015, 07:39 PM

Cant beat the guys on the trapping forum id like to thank everyone for the wealth of info and help you provide for us rookies its much appreciated
Old 02-21-2015, 07:44 PM

X2
Old 02-21-2015, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
Thanks again Peter
Daryl it was my pleasure to have you tag along,first impression's mean a lot and your top notch in my books,anytime you got a question i'm just a PM away,welcome to our ADICCTION,that's an open invitation to any and all TRAPPER FORUM member's,I don't know everything,but maybe I can give some helpful hints from my experience's,Cheers Peter
Old 02-22-2015, 12:21 AM

Lots of good tips and not much drama.
Trappers are the best.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:35 AM

Default Happy place

Agreed! Its a good place to escape from the non sense
Old 02-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
Yup, your right Daryl it is pretty good on here. That is why I don't go on the hunting portion much anymore. I think if they got rid of me according to a few on here it would be a perfect place lol
Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed following your trapping exploits on AO this winter nube. Congratulations on a great season, I look forward to next year!
Old 02-22-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP_ECOM View Post
Daryl it was my pleasure to have you tag along,first impression's mean a lot and your top notch in my books,anytime you got a question i'm just a PM away,welcome to our ADICCTION,that's an open invitation to any and all TRAPPER FORUM member's,I don't know everything,but maybe I can give some helpful hints from my experience's,Cheers Peter
It doesn't take long to enjoy the guy does it! He has always been a stand up guy in my books. Daryl if you got some time next year feel free to come up and set some wolf baits with me if you want.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
It doesn't take long to enjoy the guy does it! He has always been a stand up guy in my books. Daryl if you got some time next year feel free to come up and set some wolf baits with me if you want.
I feel such love here! Lol

I am in! I've got a whole new look at things for the next couple years Nube. You'll likely laugh at me when I tell you all about it, but I'm looking forward to a lot of hard work to make ends meet for a while. And I couldn't be happier or more ready to give it a try.