Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 10-21-2013, 11:37 PM

Default nailin throats on one of albertas best cutt streams

We spent a couple days on this stream in the upper oldman system in 2012 the action was hot for thick hungry cutts we returned here in august 2013 and the flood had really changed the stream and the action was very slow compared to 2012 just wondering if anyone has any opinions on weather or not the areas cutts were hit hard by the flood and if so how long will it take to recover to 2012 levels. Below is a link to a short film from that 2012 trip if you have been there you will recognize the stream...not that it is a big secret or anything. Comments and opinions on both my question and the film greatly appreciated. thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dIt4wAf7EA

When I am alone in the half light of the canyon......
Old 10-22-2013, 04:55 PM

they blocked your vid
Old 10-22-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycoma View Post
they blocked your vid
ya this vid is unable to play on mobile devices but it works on computers so check it out on your pc or laptop instead of phone or I pad and it will play.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:06 PM

You know, you were no worse than lots of hosts and programs you see on Wild TV. Good job. Just PLEASE don't fall into the WILD TV habit of having an intro that runs 2 or 3 minutes. Bores the hell out of viewers and just makes it look like you don't have enough content.

Like how you showed the insects around that were imitated. The more instruction and strategy included the better IMHO.

Oh, and maybe feed Deano some caffeine. LOL
Old 10-22-2013, 10:53 PM

nice vid buddy! checked out a couple of your other ones, pretty cool!

Did the daughter ever get her first cutty?
Old 10-22-2013, 11:19 PM

nice! I also enjoy that stream.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
You know, you were no worse than lots of hosts and programs you see on Wild TV. Good job. Just PLEASE don't fall into the WILD TV habit of having an intro that runs 2 or 3 minutes. Bores the hell out of viewers and just makes it look like you don't have enough content.

Like how you showed the insects around that were imitated. The more instruction and strategy included the better IMHO.

Oh, and maybe feed Deano some caffeine. LOL
thanks for the compliments and the feedback I agree that the long intros can suck I used to have a quick one at the beginning of each episode but lately I have been dropping it all together I totally agree with your opinion about strategy and instruction but sometimes when you hit the water you just start fishin and catchin and filming and you forget to explain anything or show what your using you know how it is when you get somewhere and you see a riser and you get fish on the brain and nothing else matters LOL!! but we definetly try to include some info in every episode along with some humor but most importantly we like to tell the story of the day accurately and show the goofups tangles lost fish small fish even the occasional accidental not so perfect release of a fish (they can be slippery little buggers) and we've all had a bad release a time or two I don't edit that stuff out because I want the episodes to be as genuine of an account as possible while still being entertaining....thanks again for your input and for taking the time to view you can see all our episodes at the following link.....cheers!!!
caffeine for deano hmmm I dunno LOL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/greatbigdiddy/videos
Old 10-22-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivers86 View Post
nice vid buddy! checked out a couple of your other ones, pretty cool!

Did the daughter ever get her first cutty?
River did get her first cutty on that Trunk Road trip but sadly I never had the camera ready.
but for now she enjoys her 15 minutes of fame in one of our most popular episodes RIVER MEETS THE RIVER where she catches her first ever Bow river rocket with a little help from dad although it was more of a Bow river firecracker LOL!! she was only 3 when we made the film check the link below Cheers!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMaru4L3Wo0
Old 10-23-2013, 08:02 AM

Thats a cute video, did she paint your nails in the previous one?
Old 10-23-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1move View Post
Thats a cute video, did she paint your nails in the previous one?
LOL!! yup I am her canvas!!!
Old 09-10-2015, 08:57 PM