Default .............

Wholesale sports selling these for 569

http://www.wholesalesports.com/store...talker/p/60481

Rebate of 100$
http://www.browning.com/news/promoti...-rebates1.html

Pretty nice guns for $469.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Banned

Those are AB3's, not be confused with the first generation A-bolt which is a much nicer rifle than an AB3. I'd equate the AB3 to the Ruger American series or Savage Axis.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:10 AM
Banned

I see. I've only had the old ones which were excellent and much more expensive. Thanks spank.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
I see. I've only had the old ones which were excellent and much more expensive. Thanks spank.
I have owned the original A-bolt as well and they are very nice rifles. It's not hard to feel and see the difference picking up the AB3. I guess even Browning has had to subjegate themselves to the further dummying down in the gun industry in order to remain competitive in todays market of poorly fitted and finished rifles with tupperware stocks labelled as "synthetic".
Old 08-13-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spank View Post
I have owned the original A-bolt as well and they are very nice rifles. It's not hard to feel and see the difference picking up the AB3. I guess even Browning has had to subjegate themselves to the further dummying down in the gun industry in order to remain competitive in todays market of poorly fitted and finished rifles with tupperware stocks labelled as "synthetic".
X2. Absolutely agree.

Something to consider.... Browning sold a LOT of A-bolts over the years in many different variations and many different calibers. How often do you see one come up for sale? I've been keeping my eye out for a minty, low round count A-bolt or A-bolt II in 7mm Rem mag, 300 Win, or 300 WSM, and nothing seems to pop up. The absolute Holy Grail for me would be a near new 300 WSM in Mountain Ti. If one ever came up, I'm sure that I would over-pay for it and I wouldn't even care. And I'm the type who spends hours and hours trying to find a rifle somewhere for $50 cheaper!

Btw Deer Hunter, Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
I've been keeping my eye out for a minty, low round count A-bolt or A-bolt II in 7mm Rem mag, 300 Win, or 300 WSM, and nothing seems to pop up.
Browning still makes the classic A-Bolt II in Medallion style only available in .264 Win mag, 7mm Rem mag , and .300 Win mag. It's a specialty item and I guess it's available through full line dealers only, and probably by special order.

http://www.browning.com/products/fir...es/a-bolt.html

You're right about second hand sales though. X-bolts outnumber A-bolts in the classifieds by a fair margin, but there are a lot more of them around too.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:08 PM

The Abolt 3 is a very decent rifle, and for that price, can't be beat.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:32 AM

If an A-Bolt III isnt your cup of tea the Re-bate is a pretty good deal.
I'm sure that re-bate will stave off the inflation where it relates to our Canadian $ .
I'm not in the market for a new gun, but if I where a Browning would definitely be on the short list.
Rob
Old 08-16-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .257Weatherby View Post
If an A-Bolt III isnt your cup of tea the Re-bate is a pretty good deal.
I'm sure that re-bate will stave off the inflation where it relates to our Canadian $ .
I'm not in the market for a new gun, but if I where a Browning would definitely be on the short list.
Rob
+ 1 on that. Especially in that price range