Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-07-2010, 07:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt 270WSM View Post
Keith what camera and lenses do you use?
I love Keith's shots as well. Some of his pictures are taken with a $7,000 lens (500 F4 L) and a $3,000 body (1D Mkiii) as well as mad PP skills. I'd like to see more exif info on his shots. I can't find any on his Pbase site. (Keith...?) Not to mention lots of patience and set up. Really enjoyed your info on the hummingbird shots, Keith. If you guys think you can just snap a picture like that....here's the setup for those kind of shots:

Old 10-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Amy

Some of my favorites
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1111.JPG (29.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0608.JPG (36.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Sassy.JPG (22.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00570.JPG (37.5 KB, 32 views)
Old 10-07-2010, 08:20 AM

Someone did their homework LOL.......... glad you enjoyed the tutorial. Hummingbird shots are the exception, its like outdoor studio shooting. For this set up as a fyi, it was a $800 body and $1000 lens but yes my favourite set up is a Canon Mark III ($2k) and a 300 f2.8IS ($4k ) lens and use a 1.4tc if needed. You dont need this level of gear to get this quality of shots, but it does make it just a little easier

As far as mad PP, notta. Im too lazy, that is why you dont see exif because I use "save for web" in photoshop to compress to websize, the program strips the data for whatever reason, not that Im hiding it, again just being lazy as I hate post processing but have to convert RAW. The better job you get in-in camera settings, the less PP you have to do, that is the key. If I go out in the field and come back with one great shot, it was a great day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
I love Keith's shots as well. Some of his pictures are taken with a $7,000 lens (500 F4 L) and a $3,000 body (1D Mkiii) as well as mad PP skills. I'd like to see more exif info on his shots. I can't find any on his Pbase site. (Keith...?) Not to mention lots of patience and set up. Really enjoyed your info on the hummingbird shots, Keith. If you guys think you can just snap a picture like that....here's the setup for those kind of shots:

Old 10-07-2010, 12:32 PM

These are my picture! I am 12 years old, so if you don't like them, please don't give me heck! I have lots more I will upload later!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1339.jpg (59.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2951.jpg (29.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2970.jpg (27.9 KB, 34 views)
Old 10-07-2010, 01:19 PM

Very nice pics trapshooter, you have a good eye.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."