Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-06-2010, 08:14 AM

Default Good Resource for Quad Reviews and Used Prices?

One of our installers sent hubby a text this morning, asking if he knew anyone interested in buying a quad. A quad is on my list of "wants," though it isn't particularly high on the list. It would be handy for ice fishing, as I could drive that out on the ice well before I could drive my 3/4 tonne out there.

Is there a good resource for learning about quads and used prices in Canada? I know the quad is a 2003 Polaris, but I don't know the model or any other details yet. I've had a look at some US sites, and if this thing is anything but a Sportsman he appears to be asking way too much ($4k). I'd like to read some reviews, too, as the bulk of the 2003 Polaris models don't look very utilitarian in nature and I question their suitability for work vs. play applications.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
One of our installers sent hubby a text this morning, asking if he knew anyone interested in buying a quad. A quad is on my list of "wants," though it isn't particularly high on the list. It would be handy for ice fishing, as I could drive that out on the ice well before I could drive my 3/4 tonne out there.

Is there a good resource for learning about quads and used prices in Canada? I know the quad is a 2003 Polaris, but I don't know the model or any other details yet. I've had a look at some US sites, and if this thing is anything but a Sportsman he appears to be asking way too much ($4k). I'd like to read some reviews, too, as the bulk of the 2003 Polaris models don't look very utilitarian in nature and I question their suitability for work vs. play applications.
$4000 is too much for any model of 2003 Sportsman.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 10-06-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockymtnx View Post
$4000 is too much for any model of 2003 Sportsman.
Really? From what I've been digging up I felt $4k might be in the ballpark for a 700 in really good shape.

Glad I asked. I'm quad dumb.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:55 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post

A 4X4 quad would come in quite handy for hauling out that new ice fishing tent your going to buy
Old 10-06-2010, 01:57 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun

If you just google the make and model you can get the reviews for any quad your looking for and then look in KIJI or other media to see what they're are selling for. Make sure you bring out a friend that knows what to look for on them.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:31 PM

4000.00 is too much for any used polaris perios imho
Old 10-06-2010, 06:39 PM

Google Coopers RV in Edmonton. I'm not advocating buying from them but their prices will give you an idea on what you can get in a certain price range. They bring them up from the States so mileage is miles. I find their prices very competitive but machines should always be inspected closely, even from dealers. Oil, filters etc should be done.