Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2019, 07:05 AM

Default Thorncliffe Gun Show...TODAY

I got to thinking, hmmmm shouldn't the Thorncliffe Gun Show be soon?

A.A.C.C.A. Finest little gun Show

September 21, 2019

Sat. 10:00 to 4:00

Thorncliffe Community Centre – 5600 Center St N....Calgary

Josie: 403-771-8348 or www.calgarygunshow.com

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:08 PM

Default yup slow day!

not advertised (as we discussed Ken) might have been a factor or maybe it is the economy or may be people are awaitng the results of the election before they buy that AR 15. There were 2 colts on the table next to me.
I have struggled in the past to find a parking spot at Thorncliffe at 9 AM when bringing coffee to help a friend with his table and most of the time it was easier to just park on a side street. when Jodie announced 10 minutes to door opening to general public I rushed over to a vendor in the small hall to make a purchase and where there would be people lined up out the door in past years there were only 5 people waiting. one of those 5 told me later he didnt plan on being first in line at 9 30 but he was. parking lot still had open spaces at 10 AM.
Best people count in my opinion was just after 1 PM and it was dead again at 3 PM until closing
Old 09-21-2019, 09:41 PM

I had no idea it was today, never saw an ad at all.

Disappointed.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:44 PM

The Thorncliffe Show is usually a lot more relaxed and personal than the big Easter Show, and is a big part of why I regularly attend. The vendors have much more time, and are willing to talk and joke. For me it is mostly a social event.

I met some new faces, and a very personable new smith that I will be contacting later, both for conversation and some work on an old Winchester 94, for which he seemed more knowledgeable and experienced than I. He was familiar with my problem and the most probable solutions.

I usually find a few interesting items, and did VERY well at this Show. I have some remorse for a few items I passed on or did not get back to, but I suspect they will be available again in Jan.

It was an enjoyable day and well worth the time and drive.

Good Luck, YMMV.