Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2016, 09:32 AM

Default Hanna gun show

Another good outing at the show in Hanna yesterday. Anyone looking for powder, should make an attempt to get down there. I honestly believe there was thousands of pounds of powder available at this one show. Also, a good assortment of bullets from the various vendors.
Gun prices were the usual assortment of highs and lows, but I thought for the most part, they were reasonable. Even saw a couple pre-64 model 70's
under a thousand bucks! The negatives, would have to be rimfire prices (.22 ammo at 8-10/box) and old cooey rifles that have been found in a closet for 350.00!
Myself, I like going to these shows for the odd and unusuals. The treasures that are found in the junk boxes of odds and ends. Anything from unique knives, vintage reels and lures, optics, and of course my biggest addiction of late; hammer guns!
I did not find any suitable hammer guns at this show, but not for lack of trying. In all honesty, I have never seen such a collection of dinged up barrels on vintage guns ever! A word of caution to anyone searching out these old guns (or any shotgun for that matter) you go looking for a set of barrels. The rest of the package is just "pretty"! Without solid barrels, they are wallhangers, and I buy them to hunt!
What I did find at the show for myself, was a Puma "little buddy" in near mint un-sharpened condition for 150.00. Also picked up a swarovski BT scope, and about 90% of the reloading components I came in search of.
I should have known it was gonna be another great show, when I started the day over breakfast with Lee and Redfrog. Froggy, it was great to meet you in person!