Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-28-2017, 09:53 AM

Default RCMP-CFO Fun

Here's a good one for you guys!

I've been working with the CFO on a Description Change on an AR-15. I imported the gun as a receiver only and built the gun for a client. The Description Change is for the addition of the barrel. The process started well over a month ago. After 3 weeks of trying to get this thing finalized for my client I was informed that the CFO now requires a number of photos of the gun before they will process the change. I had to send 9 separate photos of the gun showing ALL marks, barrel length, and 3 different angles on the trigger group. The only gun you have to send photos in for now is the AR-15. I have documents with RCMP headers on it stipulating this new requirement. Sent all those off to them twice last week. They received it on the 2nd attempt.

I called yesterday to check on it, and I was speaking with a very nice lady at the registry. As she was reading all the notes on the transfer she said "Oh, this is an AR-15? Oh, its going to be delayed"

I asked, "It's going to be delayed simply because it's an AR-15?"

"Yes" is the response I got."

She even went as far as to try and get me an answer on timeframe and all she was able to get was "Maybe next week"

I then asked if she would transfer me or give me the phone number to the Firearm Lab in Ottawa to speak with them. (At this point this is where my application is sitting) All I wanted was to find out what sort of time frame we're looking at to get this thing done so my guy can shoot his gun.

"Can you transfer me over to the Firearm Lab so I can speak to them about this?" I asked.

"No, I'm sorry, if I gave you that phone number I would lose my job." Verbatim.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:05 AM

You need to ask for the technical assistance section. They can most certainly transfer you, but I doubt that they would be able to give you a specific time frame.

If you have a Conservative MP, write them an email detailing how you are getting the runaround and how they stated they were deliberately holding up the process. Might get things moving.