Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-16-2019, 09:56 PM

Default Air BNB for RV's: rvezy.com & wheelestate.ca

It looks like someone has come up with an online service that hooks up RV owners with people seeking to rent them. I'd thought of the concept of renting private RV's before but that was more on the basis of renting from someone you know personally that trusts you. This seems like a pretty interesting concept and I thought some of you might be interested either to rent for your vacations or for those of you that own them to rent yours to get some cash back out of your investment when you won't be using it.

https://www.rvezy.com/

Last edited by CaberTosser; 07-16-2019 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:22 PM

There is a similar website called Wheel Estate and the couple that started it are from Okotoks. Haven't used it but it does seem like a great idea. Being busy with work, we only get out 1 or 2 weekends a year. Have them pull it out, set it up and come pick it up. We roll out in the wife's car and go camping. No fuss no mess.

https://wheelestate.ca/
Old 07-16-2019, 10:32 PM

Cool, thanks for sharing that tbiddy, more options are a good thing. I've modified the thread title to include wheelestate.ca too. Frankly I'm rather surprised I've not read any discussion about such services on AO before, it seems a natural fit. They should be board sponsors for Pete's sake considering how they dovetail with the AO crowds activities.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 07-16-2019 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:12 AM

Great idea! Global News profiled a similar site tonight regarding boats. With that said, I’d be reluctant to utilize my personal equipment in this manner, but would certainly consider investing in stuff to rent out. There would have to be an iron clad and sever damage deposit agreement in place though....speaking from experience.

Tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2019, 07:41 AM

There are several rent out your rv sites out there in Calgary. I worked in a booth with 1 of them at the rv show this year and learned all about them. I am not sure if I would rent out my own but would probably consider renting one instead of a cottage to travel in. Concept is not bad but having someone who mayb is not familiar towing 30 ft of trailer behind them doesnt make me feel good.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Great idea! Global News profiled a similar site tonight regarding boats. With that said, I’d be reluctant to utilize my personal equipment in this manner, but would certainly consider investing in stuff to rent out. There would have to be an iron clad and sever damage deposit agreement in place though....speaking from experience.

Tree

I have to try and look this up. I have a place in Masset that I rent out but my boat sits unused for 11 months of the year. I've often wondered at the viability of renting a boat/accommodation together. It seems many would like the option of experiencing a coastal fishing experience without having to stay at a lodge or tow/ferry their own boat.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:43 AM

Great Thread!! If anyone has a motorhome for 2 guys that want to go fishing July 20-21, would pay top dollar as well as a security deposit. I'm in west Edmonton. Few bears around where we are going 2hrs west and no sure I want to tent it. PM me if interested.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:48 AM

On the rv side they have special insurance for these rentals. The company I was with was even owned by one of them. It covers damages and accidents etc. I would imagine its the same in the boat world.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:48 AM

That rvezy site sure pounds the digital advertising, I’m now getting their ads scrolling by heavily on both my Facebook as well as my news feeds.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:27 AM

rvezy uses intact insurance to insure your rig from the moment of pickup to return. It's included in the 15% they charge on top of the rental rate.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post

Tree

The company Global was mentioning with the boats is an American company out of California. We need a couple Albertans or at least Canadians to start a boat company like this. Even in BC in early spring it was impossible to rent a boat in the Okanagan.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets

Last edited by Red Bullets; 07-17-2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
The company Global was mentioning with the boats is an American company out of California. We need a couple Albertans or at least Canadians to start a boat company like this. Even in BC in early spring it was impossible to rent a boat in the Okanagan.

I recall the piece mentioning 100 ish listings in Alberta. Link confirms it.
https://www.getmyboat.ca/boat-rental/Alberta--Canada/

Old 07-18-2019, 06:48 AM

They are owned by Intact hence all the advertising like the parent company just like Outdoorsy is owned by Aviva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
That rvezy site sure pounds the digital advertising, I’m now getting their ads scrolling by heavily on both my Facebook as well as my news feeds.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I know I get the same all the time.

A few years ago that Rvezy team was on the Dragons den seeking money, which I'm pretty sure paid the dragon back 2 fold.

I did have a profile set up with Rvezy as I had a vintage fiberglass trailer that we were thinking of renting out, but I have since sold that little guy. but making $80.00 a day for something that sits 80% of the time is easy money.