Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-16-2019, 10:24 AM

Default Kenora Chip Trucks?

I have family heading to Manitoba today from an overnight campground in WaWa Ont.
They asked me for a good pit stop near Kenora.
Trying to remember names and locations of the famous French Fry trucks so I can guide them. I remember Ye Olde Chip Truck at Market Square, but they are pulling a trailer so looking for a HWY location.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by omega50; 07-16-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:47 AM

Still there and there's another just before granite lake about 20k west of kenora.

Right at light where the old chip truck is there is another if you go straight through the light on main heading for the airplane dock ,there is one on that corner right behind the old bank,lots folks out and about so info will be easy..

So there 2 in town that I know of plus the one on the highway and if it's closed west hawk lake inside the Manitoba boarder has one set up if remember .

The food coming from wawa is good at the first truck stop in Ignace right on the highway.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
Still there and there's another just before granite lake about 20k west of kenora.

Right at light where the old chip truck is there is another if you go straight through the light on main heading for the airplane dock ,there is one on that corner right behind the old bank,lots folks out and about so info will be easy..

So there 2 in town that I know of plus the one on the highway and if it's closed west hawk lake inside the Manitoba boarder has one set up if remember .

The food coming from wawa is good at the first truck stop in Ignace right on the highway.
Just got back from there. If your going through Kenora, ye old chip truck is where you want to go. 10,000 seagulls can’t be wrong.
Sophie’s restaurant by Hadashville on the MB side is pretty good for a sit down meal.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post

Is access on North Side of Highway in a gravel lot at a Gas Station?
Old 07-16-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandliver View Post
Just got back from there. If your going through Kenora, ye old chip truck is where you want to go. 10,000 seagulls can’t be wrong.
Sophie’s restaurant by Hadashville on the MB side is pretty good for a sit down meal.
No to far from where I live and yes the food is very good.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
The only one with the gas station on the highway is in IGNACE and it's on your left as you enter down going west.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
The one 20 k west of kenora is on the north side ,but no gas station,hit the one in kenora incase he could closed,the odd time he shuts down.

There is a gas station at Clearwater bay on the north side,6 more k and the chip truck is there.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:41 PM

Success

They are happy campers
Thanks for the speedy responses