Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2019, 05:28 AM

Default Over a barrel. free on youtube

Hey everyone Over a barrel is free on youtube right now, it is a great way to spend 30 ish minutes.
I did not see a thread about this so just putting it out there.

here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPax7r7Kv2c&t=25s
Old 10-17-2019, 05:53 AM

Thanks for posting.

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-17-2019, 08:39 AM

Just watching it now, Thanks!
Old 10-17-2019, 09:32 AM

I watched that last night and shared it to FaceBook, all non-CPC leaning voters should be watching that prior to casting their ballot.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:08 AM

Aye, I put it on for the staff at work to watch as well yesterday during a lunch.

Definitely puts you in a somber if not angry place. Hard pill to swallow, but many Canadians have been duped and emotionally used for foreign economic interests. As the one representative of a First Nation suggests what they've done is execute a brilliant successful strategy.

I'm currently very suspicious of anyone peddling a climate cause. The recent UofA debacle "beefier barley" concerning the firing of an employee shows us that educational institutions likely hold bias against any information or opinions that might detract from the climate cause, even if they're true. And this is an Alberta University, I can't imagine the pressure for McGill or other prominent educational institutions outside of Alberta.

Lately at various social gatherings I've been suggesting I think climate change is bogus and many people that fancy themselves educated dig into me like I'm a pariah or uneducated luddite. I ask if they've read any peer reviewed scientific articles to support their position on climate change. Of course none have, neither have I to be fair. Many recite the line "a consensus of the scientific community agree that climate change is real and catastrophic". Which tells me they just picked the side of the issue which is least likely to result in any social strife. Kind of what we humans do to keep the tribe in line, but it's like that proclivity is being weaponized against Canada's economic interests and it's unity.

My skepticism on the issue is new based on the patterns I've observed over the last year or so. If the UofA's reaction to beefier barley is a canary, I suspect skeptical voices within various institutions that might challenge the dogma of climate change are being limited or silenced regardless of tenure protection. That and I see a pattern that the same voices pushing climate concern have little interest in exploring carbon capture and other tangible solutions, but rather demand sacrifice as they pontificate from their false, but self-determined position of moral authority.

Anyway from my non-technical, but social observations, I'm of the growing opinion that prophecy of climate catastrophe is completely bogus.