Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-26-2017, 01:45 AM
Banned

Default Coyote solution

The coyote solution is very easy for the green spaces , especialy on nose hill ,JIMBOWS MEMBERS and CALGARY ARCHERS MEMBERS .
Now that the public pathways are closed , send in thease boys and girls with their blinds and call them in , and thin thease pests out of there , also it will make them more afraid of humans when they see their buddies getting killed , never mind animal rights groups , their the ones that gave us this problem by stopping the fur trade on coyotes in 1982 in the first place , no one hunted them after all their crying, now they are overpopulated and no fear of humans.
Archery hunters can do this job quietly and proficiantly
Old 05-26-2017, 06:17 AM

What a joke. Close land off so the poor kiyute can live in peace. Flipping kiyutes have more rights than people!!!
Old 05-26-2017, 06:20 AM

No different than closing mountain area where that sheep hunter got killed a couple years ago so the bear has "his space " ..
Old 05-26-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
No different than closing mountain area where that sheep hunter got killed a couple years ago so the bear has "his space " ..
Bears are "endangered". Kiyutes are target practice.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:44 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

City folks making no sense at all...periodically we get a little to thick around here, yotes start getting aggressive and then I take the little six for a walk over a week or so I clean up the population and then there is harmony instilled...still got the yotes, we can go hiking with our dog and not worry about a few yotes getting all territorial on us, after all we can live together.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-26-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
City folks making no sense at all...periodically we get a little to thick around here, yotes start getting aggressive and then I take the little six for a walk over a week or so I clean up the population and then there is harmony instilled...still got the yotes, we can go hiking with our dog and not worry about a few yotes getting all territorial on us, after all we can live together.
Solution is simple, just no one wants to deal with the Bunny Hugger response. Oh well, keeps the purse puppy population under control.

Grizz
Old 05-26-2017, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskinner View Post
The coyote solution is very easy for the green spaces , especialy on nose hill ,JIMBOWS MEMBERS and CALGARY ARCHERS MEMBERS .
Now that the public pathways are closed , send in thease boys and girls with their blinds and call them in , and thin thease pests out of there , also it will make them more afraid of humans when they see their buddies getting killed , never mind animal rights groups , their the ones that gave us this problem by stopping the fur trade on coyotes in 1982 in the first place , no one hunted them after all their crying, now they are overpopulated and no fear of humans.
Archery hunters can do this job quietly and proficiantly
Wow! talk about being delusional. I can hardly wait until the first coyote is seen running around with an arrow sticking out of it's butt and then think of all the poor puppies starving in their den?
Old 05-26-2017, 11:55 AM
Banned

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstone View Post
Wow! talk about being delusional. I can hardly wait until the first coyote is seen running around with an arrow sticking out of it's butt and then think of all the poor puppies starving in their den?

So l presume you don't hunt or kill coyotes , as you say poor puppies starving in Den .
So why are you on this site , you sound like an anti hunter.

p/s Expert Archers don't butt shoot coyotes , they are pro,s very seldom miss the heart at 40yds.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
So l presume you don't hunt or kill coyotes , as you say poor puppies starving in Den .

p/s Expert Archers don't butt shoot coyotes , they are pro,s very seldom miss the heart at 40yds.
Yah sure, I bow hunted for over 20 years so don't try and feed me that bs. I should have put the "poor puppies" in parentheses so you would realize I was being facetious.

Your presumption is as ridiculous as your comment on expert archers.

I agree habituated coyotes should be removed but the question is how? It's a never ending problem and the public has to learn how to deal with them.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKILR View Post
What a joke. Close land off so the poor kiyute can live in peace. Flipping kiyutes have more rights than people!!!
I have to admit I thought that on the drive in to work today. Parks in the city closed because of coyotes? Shoot the coyotes. They shouldn't be in the city.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
That area is open now is it not? As far as that situation went it was a little silly to close the trail for very long, they don't even know where the bears went because even after killing my friend they didn't even try and tag the bear
Old 05-26-2017, 12:42 PM

someone should walk some hounds in there .you know the ones that would run down, chase ,catch and kill the coyotes .
Old 05-26-2017, 01:00 PM

I believe so, at any rate there was more emphasis placed on protecting bears than human life.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2017, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I have to admit I thought that on the drive in to work today. Parks in the city closed because of coyotes? Shoot the coyotes. They shouldn't be in the city.
Good plan. You could slap all the mosquitos while you are shooting coyotes. Cure two problems at once.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Yah sure, I bow hunted for over 20 years so don't try and feed me that bs. I should have put the "poor puppies" in parentheses so you would realize I was being facetious.

Your presumption is as ridiculous as your comment on expert archers.

I agree habituated coyotes should be removed but the question is how? It's a never ending problem and the public has to learn how to deal with them.
It's always people need to learn how to get along with coyotes. How about kill a few and they can learn to get along with people. We are at the top of the food chain. It's always funny until a kid or a person gets hurt, I hope they sue the hell out of whatever municipality, maybe we can smarten up then.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-26-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
To not wish to orphan coyote pups does not make one anti!
Old 05-26-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:

Habituated coyotes should be removed before they whelp.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Yes!
Old 05-26-2017, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
It's always people need to learn how to get along with coyotes. How about kill a few and they can learn to get along with people. We are at the top of the food chain. It's always funny until a kid or a person gets hurt, I hope they sue the hell out of whatever municipality, maybe we can smarten up then.
If people are smart they will learn to get along with coyotes simply because there is no alternative. Killing a few does nothing for the overall problem except possibly make a few unknowing people feel better.

I agree that when they become aggressive towards people as is becoming more and more common they should be killed. Tranquilized or shot with a shotgun by people who know what they are doing

Covey Ridge - how do you propose to remove all the habituated coyotes from all the cities "before they whelp"? Can't be done.

Last edited by Bigstone; 05-26-2017 at 04:59 PM. Reason: more info
Old 05-26-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
If people are smart they will learn to get along with coyotes simply because there is no alternative. Killing a few does nothing for the overall problem except possibly make a few unknowing people feel better.

I agree that when they become aggressive towards people as is becoming more and more common they should be killed. Tranquilized or shot with a shotgun by people who know what they are doing.
They are already aggressive, a coyote in the wild would not approach a man. They have lost their fear, it is only a matter of time until someone is bitten. A woman was killed in the Mari-times by tame coyotes. They should be poisoned.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-26-2017, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
They are already aggressive, a coyote in the wild would not approach a man. They have lost their fear, it is only a matter of time until someone is bitten. A woman was killed in the Mari-times by tame coyotes. They should be poisoned.
Coyotes can become habituated and not aggressive. I agree humans are going to get bit and much worse but realistically you cannot prevent this. The best you can do is educating people and killing the most obvious aggressive ones. Killing a few coyotes and poisoning in a city is ridiculous.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:37 PM
Banned

.....whack'em n stack'em! Dirt naps fer days!
Old 05-26-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Coyotes can become habituated and not aggressive. I agree humans are going to get bit and much worse but realistically you cannot prevent this. The best you can do is educating people and killing the most obvious aggressive ones. Killing a few coyotes and poisoning in a city is ridiculous.
You are obviously young, 30 years ago this was not a problem, cities killed their problem coyotes. This all started with "no animal left behind" animal activist group think.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-26-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:

Covey Ridge - how do you propose to remove all the habituated coyotes from all the cities "before they whelp"? Can't be done.
I never said ALL, but if ALL was doable I would try. I would try to thin out the population by trying to remove (kill) as many as I could well before whelping.
Coyotes are survivors and in no risk of total elimination. If coyotes become aggressive to humans, it is time for them to go. If coyote human encounters can be greatly reduced prior to the whelp, great! That would be my first choice, but if encounters were still common, People come first. Continue the cull into the whelping season and beyond.

In cities, the green areas should be for people and any wildlife that becomes a danger to people should be removed. If people want to see coyotes they should go to a wild area where any self preserving coyote would run at first sight.

Shoot - yes if it can be done in safety. #4 buck or dead coyote loads would be safest, but I would not rule out rifle or bow. Tranquilize - maybe but what then?
Poison - no - but how about looking into feeding stations where bitches could be dosed with an abortive agent. Bait stations should be signed and dogs kept on lease and children supervised.

Last edited by covey ridge; 05-26-2017 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs100bert View Post

Someone should walk some hounds in there. You know, the ones that would run down / catch / & kill those coyotes.
I feel like adopting a couple Greyhounds, actually...

Old 05-26-2017, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
I never said ALL, but if ALL was doable I would try. I would try to thin out the population by trying to remove (kill) as many as I could well before whelping.
Coyotes are survivors and in no risk of total elimination. If coyotes become aggressive to humans, it is time for them to go. If coyote human encounters can be greatly reduced prior to the whelp, great! That would be my first choice, but if encounters were still common, People come first. Continue the cull into the whelping season and beyond.

In cities, the green areas should be for people and any wildlife that becomes a danger to people should be removed. If people want to see coyotes they should go to a wild area where any self preserving coyote would run at first sight.

Shoot - yes if it can be done in safety. #4 buck or dead coyote loads would be safest, but I would not rule out rifle or bow. Tranquilize - maybe but what then?
Poison - no - but how about looking into feeding stations where bitches could be dosed with an abortive agent. Bait stations should be signed and dogs kept on lease and children supervised.
Problem solved!!! I suggest you take your program to cities throughout North America and present it to them. Do it quick before someone steals it and retire early.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Problem solved!!! I suggest you take your program to cities throughout North America and present it to them. Do it quick before someone steals it and retire early.

I am retired and I have been for a long time and someone else will have to work on the coyote problem. Coyotes? As soon as I saw Okotokian's response, I knew that was the quickest fix
Old 05-26-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Someone was bitten while saving their purse pup from a yote. That's why they closed the area.

Cidiots...
Old 05-27-2017, 01:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
You are obviously young, 30 years ago this was not a problem, cities killed their problem coyotes. This all started with "no animal left behind" animal activist group think.
EXACTLY , l can remember the Government setting up coyote hunts back in the 50tys , at the very edge of the city , they were well organized , they positioned hunters 100 yds apart up to 200 hunters , then they would all walk togeather in a straight line ,and every coyote they spooked was eliminated , it solved the problem back then , but the problem we have now is much worse.
We can never eradicate the coyote completely , its been tried before with poisans etc , what we have to do now is get them out of the city , and we can do that by killing them off using Archers , and giving them back the FEAR OF MAN.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:05 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Arrow sticking out of its butt

We don't shoot buttarrows around here.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...