Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-24-2017, 09:15 PM

Default Big Al's decoys

How do people feel about big als decoys? Looking into getting some and wanna know if it's worth the duty and shipping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2017, 10:05 PM

They sure look nice, if ya had lots I bet they are terrific.
I just made a couple hundred silhouette deeks, Canada and snows, less then 250 bucks paint included. I used Chloroplast, a jigsaw, made six different positions, the Canadas are way more work but have several dozen of each for a low price compared to many, including Big Als .

Best of luck to you.

CSM
Old 05-24-2017, 10:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadasnowman View Post
They sure look nice, if ya had lots I bet they are terrific.
I just made a couple hundred silhouette deeks, Canada and snows, less then 250 bucks paint included. I used Chloroplast, a jigsaw, made six different positions, the Canadas are way more work but have several dozen of each for a low price compared to many, including Big Als .

Best of luck to you.

CSM
Did you happen to watch my video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fgh1EWkjXQ
Old 05-24-2017, 11:45 PM

I did watch, good on you, they look great ...... But still, even the Skyfly socks, pricey if your adding big numbers. They don't have them in Canada's yet either.

I'm on a low budget, but want huge numbers in my set up.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

Csm
Old 05-25-2017, 07:25 AM

Love them.I have a few dozen that I added to the shells, they give a realistic look to the spread and some small movement in the wind.I like that their so easy to set up and quick.I think that's all I would buy now
Old 05-25-2017, 01:42 PM

What ever price they are at in the US, figure it as somewhere in the range of 175% to 200%, landed here. And watch for hidden handling charges, which will also be in US dollars. You get 500.00 duty and brokerage free, after that, you add that in. I got lucky and only paid duty/brokerage on one box, and brokerage on three, out of eight boxes, all marked in tiny letters that they were Chinese made, guess they only looked at one box by itself. They were all shipped the same day, but took two wks to get thru the system and del'd over a two wk period, some came air, some went to Edm, some came ground. All USPS and Canada Post.
If that puts you close to what you can get them here for, you may as well get them up here.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:44 PM

We have been using them for a few years now. Great look and light and easy to get into the field. All the fields we hunt are pack in and out. Would recommend these to anyone. If your in the south area of the province, send me a message, I will shoot you Big Als pro staffers number.